Why men won't marry you

1PeaceMaker

Why would a woman wish to marry a man who thinks that she is dumb, week, incapable of focus, irrational and should strive to be only bare foot and pregnant?

The real question is why do you denigrate motherhood as being below intellectual prowess or other worldly accomplishments?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
The real question is why do you denigrate motherhood as being below intellectual prowess or other worldly accomplishments?
I didn't. I simply asked why a woman would want to marry a man that does not see her and value her as the gift from God that she is? My wife is my partner and my friend. She is not not dumb nor is she week. She is focused and rational enough to become a pharmacist. And she is still a mother and yes that is an incredible miracle. My wife is not somebody I rule over, she is my partner in life.

1PeaceMaker

But I believe you dissemble and deliberately set up other posters to misunderstand you.

Why don't we stick to the debate? I don't agree at all. But in rebuttal I will add that I've got an ability to spot patterns and logical irregularities. And I'm not using much, if any, theory of mind to arm-twist or please. Which explains why I have trouble shaking the interest of mockers at times.

To them it must feel like a pony-ride gone wrong and they can't seem to let go. :chuckle: Just a guess, quite possibly wrong....

The length of these discussions wherein you continually joust over the same issues with the same people betrays a need for attention.
What about the other usual suspects? :think:

Nothing wrong with that either but it is telling.

Tells you I don't spend that time doing other things. :plain:

I wish you well because I feel that you are really a kind hearted good young woman. Blessings

You are an enigma to me. I've liked things you've said at times.... :idunno:

1PeaceMaker

I didn't. I simply asked why a woman would want to marry a man that does not see her and value her as the gift from God that she is? My wife is my partner and my friend. She is not not dumb nor is she week. She is focused and rational enough to become a pharmacist. And she is still a mother and yes that is an incredible miracle. My wife is not somebody I rule over, she is my partner in life.

Wow. I would have thought you would honor her role in your life by saying her most amazing accomplishment is being that wonderful mother the world needs.

And I'm glad you think she's "rational enough."

I don't place value on myself based on how focused or strong I am. God's wisdom can fill the most average mind and make them superior to a genius without a lick of godly reason. Not dumb is nice, though.

Curious; are you a leader in home and marriage, or do you follow?

1PeaceMaker

No. I'm saying that women should be encouraged to realize that motherhood is one of the superpowers that women have. And also one of the greatest things that can be done in a society. And that they have few other advantages if any. They aren't as smart. They aren't as strong. They aren't as focused on work. They aren't as rational. They should capitalize on their superpower and if they want to marry young, they should be free to do so.

I agree. Men, too, should think that way about being fathers. Can any man on this thread claim a greater purpose for his life than procreation, fatherhood and husbandry?

Excellent posts, both! :thumb:

BOLCATS

BANNED
Banned
No! I am answering you not Rusha.
I do not take issue with much of your ways because they are your ways and you are free to be you.
But I believe you dissemble and deliberately set up other posters to misunderstand you.
The length of these discussions wherein you continually joust over the same issues with the same people betrays a need for attention.
Nothing wrong with that either but it is telling.
I wish you well because I feel that you are really a kind hearted good young woman. Blessings

You misunderstand her. Maybe not intentionally as some do. She doesn't come across to me that way at all. I like what her husband has to say as well.

1PeaceMaker

Whatever is being sown, it's not my wife and I that are going to reap it.

I wasn't trashing my awesome wife, obviously.

I've never seen a man so in love in all my life. :cloud9: That's what I see every day. And how can I not love you back in response? Our good marriage just keeps getting better.... :straight:

What are the qualifications for marriage?

Please list the qualities that reflect a right choice. For example, do both parties need to be able to cook well? Do they both first have to be financially independent? You said it's not about intelligence earlier, so what is it about exactly?

I really want to see what others say to this! It goes to the heart of the thread title itself.

Know the answer to this and at least you know why men should/shouldn't marry you.

BOLCATS

BANNED
Banned
Why would a woman wish to marry a man who thinks that she is dumb, week, incapable of focus, irrational and should strive to be only bare foot and pregnant?

You fail to understand either poster. They don't denigrate mother hood. They don't think worldly endeavors require more out of a woman than motherhood. Where do you get the idea that they deem woman as weak, dumb and incapable of focus just because they prize motherhood over any other worldly endeavor?

bybee

Why don't we stick to the debate? I don't agree at all. But in rebuttal I will add that I've got an ability to spot patterns and logical irregularities. And I'm not using much, if any, theory of mind to arm-twist or please. Which explains why I have trouble shaking the interest of mockers at times.

To them it must feel like a pony-ride gone wrong and they can't seem to let go. :chuckle: Just a guess, quite possibly wrong....

What about the other usual suspects? :think:

Tells you I don't spend that time doing other things. :plain:

You are an enigma to me. I've liked things you've said at times.... :idunno:

We are, I believe, amalgams. That is to say that the many pebbles we contain do not change but rough edges may be smoothed.
I like you but do not agree with your logistics most of the time.
Still, I like you, the totality of you.
That is why I keep on dialoguing with you.

BOLCATS

BANNED
Banned
I've never seen a man so in love in all my life. :cloud9: That's what I see every day. And how can I not love you back in response? Our good marriage just keeps getting better.... :straight:

I really want to see what others say to this! It goes to the heart of the thread title itself.

Know the answer to this and at least you know why men should/shouldn't marry you.

They would not be able to cope as a person without me. They value me. They value marriage as an institution. They deem motherhood as the highest station a woman can achieve in this life. I would not marry anyone outside of these parameters.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I think he will say maturity but will not define it in any way but ambiguous.

When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things (1 Co 13:11).

manbaby.jpg

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Wow. I would have thought you would honor her role in your life by saying her most amazing accomplishment is being that wonderful mother the world needs.
That is only part of who she is. We were married for 9 years before we had kids and our kids are rapidly nearing that point in life where they strike out on their own. She will spend more time as my bride than she will as mother. I honor her for her whole life, not just a relatively short segment of it.

And I'm glad you think she's "rational enough."
This is an example of you twisting the meaning of words to infer offense where none was offered.

I don't place value on myself based on how focused or strong I am. God's wisdom can fill the most average mind and make them superior to a genius without a lick of godly reason. Not dumb is nice, though.

Curious; are you a leader in home and marriage, or do you follow?
Servant leader. That means that I am not a dictator or king, it means we work together towards common goals. There was a speaker at our church once talking about the idea of a husband as a servant leader. Basically it boiled down that a husband may make the final decision but he would never decide to take his wife down a path she doesn't want to walk. A husband respects his wife wishes and takes them into consideration when making decisions.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
You fail to understand either poster. They don't denigrate mother hood. They don't think worldly endeavors require more out of a woman than motherhood. Where do you get the idea that they deem woman as weak, dumb and incapable of focus just because they prize motherhood over any other worldly endeavor?
Because that is exactly what Yorzhik said.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Why do you pretend it needs to happen above everything else even when individuals are too young to be in permanent relationship?

1PeaceMaker

Why do you pretend it needs to happen above everything else....?

You mean how come it happens to be a higher calling than everything else?

Because nothing is more important than parenting the priceless new souls belonging to the kingdom or training them to labor for the harvest.

How come you keep avoiding post #1083?
How much do you really agree with A4T about abuse? Go ahead. Take another peek at the post and see what you come up with.

1PeaceMaker

We are, I believe, amalgams. That is to say that the many pebbles we contain do not change but rough edges may be smoothed.
I like you but do not agree with your logistics most of the time.
Still, I like you, the totality of you.
That is why I keep on dialoguing with you.

I certainly like, no love, the totality of you. For certain you are God's offspring.

I pray that you are able to gather a reward one day as a result of receiving that truth to yourself.

I do not know the contents of your heart by looking on the outward and even have reservations about concluding who you are from your own words - and I don't even have enough theory of mind to guess at your motives more than in idle passing.

So all I can do is pray you have a good outcome to your life and are found on the narrow way in the end.