Why men won't marry you

Arthur Brain

Why do you think women are at least equally smart if not smarter than men? Do you say this to appear to be a fair minded man or are you a self-flogging misandrist?

I'm saying it because it's bloody obvious. If you think having smarts in general is dependent on gender then you have at it.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
On to irrationality. To the extent a person is driven by emotion and hormones, the more irrational their thinking becomes. From what I have read, women are controlled more often than men by emotions.

An example of a person driven by their uncontrollable emotions would be call out threads. :think:

Arthur Brain

Like you are doing in this post, you hypocrite heathen. You should not even participate if you were to stay out of their business.

And here we have an example of a man who lacks smarts of any discernible description...

I thought you'd flounced off in a whiny little hissy fit when your sad little report didn't get A4T banned Nicky?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...[W]omen are usually the more irrational gender.
Job 2:10
frantics.gif

1PeaceMaker

I'm saying it because it's bloody obvious. If you think having smarts in general is dependent on gender then you have at it.

Here's my take on it. In Christ there is no male or female. In spirit, where all dwells that matters, we have no gender, like the angels. So of course we are equals. Who cares which gender racks higher overall points?

The problem I was having was with your "or more" qualification, which sounds like a beta male or misandrist attitude (not that you actually are one, just what the tone sounds like.)

1PeaceMaker

Truster's a nut IMO too but no, I don't have Yorhzik confused with him or anybody else. He's a misogynistic moron and a complete patriarchal crank. He's probably still upset about the day women were allowed to vote...

:plain:

He allowed his daughter to freely vote in the public court of opinion as a teen. I call that respectful.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why would a woman wish to marry a man who thinks that she is dumb, week, incapable of focus, irrational and should strive to be only bare foot and pregnant?
Obviously she would be too dumb to figure it out. She'd be too weak to resist. She'd be too incapable to hope for anything better. And too irrational to care.

The only thing demonstrating something dumber, mentally weaker, and more incapable would be your comments.

Come back when you can have an honest conversation.

Arthur Brain

Here's my take on it. In Christ there is no male or female. In spirit, where all dwells that matters, we have no gender, like the angels. So of course we are equals. Who cares which gender racks higher overall points?

The problem I was having was with your "or more" qualification, which sounds like a beta male or misandrist attitude (not that you actually are one, just what the tone sounds like.)

Look, my point was that "smarts" isn't dependent on gender - at all. So when some misogynist blabbers on that 'women aren't as smart as men' then it deserves to be called out for the horse excrement it is. Where it comes to intellect there isn't a 'superior gender' by way of. I hope that clears it up.

Arthur Brain

Obviously she would be too dumb to figure it out. She'd be too weak to resist. She'd be too incapable to hope for anything better. And too irrational to care.

The only thing demonstrating something dumber, mentally weaker, and more incapable would be your comments.

Way to completely embarrass yourself on a public forum there nutball.

What. A. Crank.

:dunce:

Arthur Brain

What definition of smart are you choosing?

Because the stats say men have higher IQs as an average. But I don't care about any of that.

How about you define it if you want to get into specifics? I'm using the generic definition as there's no need for semantics but if you want to focus on something in particular then go for it. I'm not one for stats in general to be quite honest...

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You really are one of the biggest misogynist idiots on this entire board. If you think women aren't at least equally as smart and rational as men then you clearly haven't met many. All of the women I've developed rapports with have been ten times smarter than you for a start.
:darwinsm:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
What definition of smart are you choosing?

Because the stats say men have higher IQs as an average. But I don't care about any of that.
Old data. According to James Flynn's more recent studies, all IQs have risen across the gender barrier for some time now, with women pulling even with their male counterparts and in some cases moving slightly ahead. Flynn's data indicates that where women enjoy full and equal educational opportunity they're doing as well as their male counterparts. Link/Psychology Today

Here's a link to a Forbes article about it with additional insight from Rex Jung.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame

That is it? Call me dumber, weaker, less capable and more irrational than the women you hold in such low regard? And then top it off by accusing me of not wanting honest conversation. Okay then.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Old data. According to James Flynn's more recent studies, all IQs have risen across the gender barrier for some time now, with women pulling even with their male counterparts and in some cases moving slightly ahead. Flynn's data indicates that where women enjoy full and equal educational opportunity they're doing as well as their male counterparts. Link/Psychology Today

Here's a link to a Forbes article about it with additional insight from Rex Jung.

Uh oh. :shocked: :think: