"WHOSOEVER That Calls Upon the Name of the Lord Shall be Saved" Romans 10:13

heir

TOL Subscriber
Where does it say that He came only to save an elect?

Matthew 1:21 KJV says "his people" and I don't think it's too hard to show who His people were

Matthew 2:6 And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.

The problem with people like B-57 is they are wrongly dividing the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV). They refuse to believe Paul; that the man Christ Jesus gave Himself a ransom for all to be testified in due time (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV). And when they do, they twist it back to limited atonement because they will never give up their Calvinism.

CherubRam

Origin of the word crux. Latin for: stake, scaffold, or cross, used in executions or torment.
The English term "cross" is derived from the Latin word crux. From about 1635 to 1645 AD.

Labarum
An upright pole with cross section to display a standard such as a flag, banner, or emblem.

Word Origin
From Late Latin, and of obscure origin
This standard was known by the name "labarum"—a word the etymology of which is very uncertain. The etymology of the word is unclear. Some derive it from Latin /labāre/ "to totter, or to waver." The labarum was also used to hold the ancient Babylonian sky-god emblem.

Patibulum
It is a establish fact that the two-beamed cross was in existence in the time of Yahshua, and that the word crux was used to refer to it. The crux was composed of two main pieces: The stipes, which is the upright pole, and the patibulum attached to it. The patibulum is the cross beam.

Stipe
Stipe is an upright support.
From Latin stipes "log, post, tree trunk"

Stauros
Stauros (σταυρός) is the Greek word for stake or post.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Origin of the word crux. Latin for: stake, scaffold, or cross, used in executions or torment.
The English term "cross" is derived from the Latin word crux. From about 1635 to 1645 AD.

Labarum
An upright pole with cross section to display a standard such as a flag, banner, or emblem.

Word Origin
From Late Latin, and of obscure origin
This standard was known by the name "labarum"—a word the etymology of which is very uncertain. The etymology of the word is unclear. Some derive it from Latin /labāre/ "to totter, or to waver." The labarum was also used to hold the ancient Babylonian sky-god emblem.

Patibulum
It is a establish fact that the two-beamed cross was in existence in the time of Yahshua, and that the word crux was used to refer to it. The crux was composed of two main pieces: The stipes, which is the upright pole, and the patibulum attached to it. The patibulum is the cross beam.

Stipe
Stipe is an upright support.
From Latin stipes "log, post, tree trunk"

Stauros
Stauros (σταυρός) is the Greek word for stake or post.
:chuckle: So, the cross was a cross.

daqq

In the sign of the Tav is not biblical, it is a Pagan notion.

The tav goes all the way back to proto-Canaanite paleo-Hebrew script in which at different times it was essentially either a "T" or an "X". If you want to call it a pagan notion I have no doubt you can find your reasons for saying so but no doubt your standard for evaluating what is pagan or not would necessarily make every ancient symbol or sign become pagan likewise as well. You are ignoring the use of this symbol and how it relates to the Pesach lamb which was roasted on a spit or stake with another crossbar spit at the shoulders to keep the chest cavity open. This too goes all the way back past the temple era and was a Jewish/Hebrew symbol before Christianity even came into existence. IMO, from past experience both here in this forum and in another forum, you simply call everything you disagree with "pagan" to supposedly prove some point you feel that you have some need or reason to prove, (for which the evidence never seems to materialize).

The central elements of Christianity in their entirety, including the eucharist, the cross and the system of excommunication, are directly derived from the Jewish “sects” of the most traditional type claiming to represent the renewal of the true Covenant, especially in Galilee (Nodet and Taylor 1998: 437) (p. 183) The cross, too? From Jewish sects? That one sent me to the source and luckily the relevant pages — pp. 353 ff — are available via a keyword search (“cross” “Justin” “spit”) on amazon.com

Asado+lamb+roast.jpg

|Justin Martyr gives a precise description of what the paschal lamb looked like: “When the lamb is roasted, it is arranged in such a way as to represent the cross: a spit goes right through it from the lower limbs to the head, another spit is at the shoulder, to which the paws are fastened.” This description, which is not drawn from the Bible, may well show the influence of Christian symbolism, but it must have been close enough to actual Jewish custom for it to have made some sense to the Jew Tryphon.|

Nodet then explains the reasons to think that this custom was still being continued despite the destruction of the Temple. He also alerts us to Melito of Sardis (fragment 9) and his phrase “like a lamb he has been crucified (or: spitted).” He then notes that

|The Jewish custom referred to by Justin is attested by rabbinic sources . . . .|
http://vridar.org/2013/12/04/making

beloved57

Matthew 1:21 KJV says "his people" and I don't think it's too hard to show who His people were

Matthew 2:6 And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.

The problem with people like B-57 is they are wrongly dividing the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV). They refuse to believe Paul; that the man Christ Jesus gave Himself a ransom for all to be testified in due time (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV). And when they do, they twist it back to limited atonement because they will never give up their Calvinism.
His People has nothing to do with ethnicity, that's thinking according to the flesh.

Nanja

His People has nothing to do with ethnicity, that's thinking according to the flesh.

Exactly!

Ethnicity has nothing to do with whom God's Special Chosen People Israel are Deut. 7:6-7: All the Election of Grace Eph. 1:4-11; 2 Tim. 1:9, and the only People Mat. 1:21; Heb. 2:16 and remnant of humanity Rom. 11:5 whom God promised Salvation to Is. 45:17.

They are All of the Seed of Abraham Gal. 3:16; 29. Not only ethnic jews but of every ethnicity: all the families of the earth Gen. 12:3, the Seed of Israel, jew and Gentile Rom. 4:16; Rev. 5:9; 14:6.

~~~~~

beloved57

Exactly!

Ethnicity has nothing to do with whom God's Special Chosen People Israel are Deut. 7:6-7: All the Election of Grace Eph. 1:4-11; 2 Tim. 1:9, and the only People Mat. 1:21; Heb. 2:16 and remnant of humanity Rom. 11:5 whom God promised Salvation to Is. 45:17.

They are All of the Seed of Abraham Gal. 3:16; 29. Not only ethnic jews but of every ethnicity: all the families of the earth Gen. 12:3, the Seed of Israel, jew and Gentile Rom. 4:16; Rev. 5:9; 14:6.

~~~~~
Being a ethnic jew has nothing to do with salvation, no more than being black, white, hispanic, oriental.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Nanja

Its being a jew inwardly that counts Rom 2:28-29!

That comes through the newbirth by the Spirit.

Phil. 3:3
For we are the circumcision,
which worship God in the spirit,
and rejoice in Christ Jesus,
and have no confidence in the flesh.

~~~~~

beloved57

Phil. 3:3
For we are the circumcision,
which worship God in the spirit,
and rejoice in Christ Jesus,
and have no confidence in the flesh.

~~~~~
Correct, that is a Jew/Israelite indeed.

Robert Pate

Banned
Its being a jew inwardly that counts Rom 2:28-29!

That comes through the newbirth by the Spirit.

The Spirit is only given to those who hear and believe the Gospel.

"This only would I learn of you, did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith (hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

beloved57

The Spirit is only given to those who hear and believe the Gospel.

"This only would I learn of you, did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith (hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.
False statement.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jacob's people painted lamb's blood on the lintel and then on one doorpost and then the other making the sign of a cross.