"WHOSOEVER That Calls Upon the Name of the Lord Shall be Saved" Romans 10:13

Ben Masada

The Gospel calls for a response. How can one hear that Christ died on a wooden cross for their sins and not respond with love and thanksgiving? Maybe those that reject God's great free offer of salvation deserve to go to hell. No one will be saved that does not come to Christ as a repentant sinner believing that he is able to save them to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25.

Jesus did not die on the cross for the sins of any one else. He was a Jew and he obviously knew only too well from reading the Prophets that no one can die for the sins of another. (Ezekiel 18:3) Jesus died because his disciples were acclaiming him king of the Jews in Jerusalem, a Roman province at the time. So, he died on a political charge of insurrection. You can read Luke 19:37-40 not to assume I am speaking from the top of my head. Hence, his verdict commanded by Pilate to be nailed on the top of his cross which read INRI. Too bad for those who love to blame the Jews for the death of Jesus.

beloved57

Jesus did not die on the cross for the sins of any one else. He was a Jew and he obviously knew only too well from reading the Prophets that no one can die for the sins of another. (Ezekiel 18:3) Jesus died because his disciples were acclaiming him king of the Jews in Jerusalem, a Roman province at the time. So, he died on a political charge of insurrection. You can read Luke 19:37-40 not to assume I am speaking from the top of my head. Hence, his verdict commanded by Pilate to be nailed on the top of his cross which read INRI. To bad for those who love to blame the Jews for the death of Jesus.
You believe God is a golden calf don't you?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

CherubRam

Jesus did not die on the cross for the sins of any one else. He was a Jew and he obviously knew only too well from reading the Prophets that no one can die for the sins of another. (Ezekiel 18:3) Jesus died because his disciples were acclaiming him king of the Jews in Jerusalem, a Roman province at the time. So, he died on a political charge of insurrection. You can read Luke 19:37-40 not to assume I am speaking from the top of my head. Hence, his verdict commanded by Pilate to be nailed on the top of his cross which read INRI. Too bad for those who love to blame the Jews for the death of Jesus.

John 10:16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. 17 The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.” Messiah being the lamb of God is a parable. People are obviously not lambs.

daqq

John 10:16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. 17 The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.” Messiah being the lamb of God is a parable. People are obviously not lambs.

It's all given in parables. The natural man does not even know how to respond to such because he cannot understand the parables and will not apply them to his doctrine even if he does catch hold on some portions of the parables. Likely for the same reason RP did not even attempt to respond to my reply at the top of page two because what was said to him was probably so foreign it seemed completely incoherent to his natural mind. The Word is spiritual food, manna from the heavens, the bread of life, and he therefore worships my food because he ignores the parables, allegories, idioms, and sayings of Messiah. It is no different than the golden calf incident; for rather then eat the spiritual food which the Father has provided, that is, His Word, the natural man worships the bread of life like a golden calf which is not food to be eaten but an image to bow down to. So then, rather than eat the holy food of the Word which the Father has provided; he rather sets the holy food on a pedestal to be worshiped, and instead he eats other food sacrificed to his idol, (authors of the same mindset as his own), and drinks the wrong drink, and rises up to play, (Exodus 32:6). :chuckle:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
A person is not saved because he believes in Christ, but rather he believes in Christ because he is saved.

What others hold to is contradictory. They like to say that the gospel transforms, but the gospel simply augments. The underlying change that brings one to the gospel is not the gospel.

One experiences an already existing election upon going to the Lord, not from being elected at the time of reception. Contrary theologies are a real mess- there's no bottom to them. Sovereign election is completely necessary to tie it all together.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The scripture says that the Gospel is hid to them that are lost.

The Gospel is not hid to those who want to be saved by Christ. It is hid to Christ rejecters like yourself.

The scripture says that the Gospel is hid to them that are lost. A lost person can't believe the Gospel.

How do you account for the 8,000 Christ rejecting, Christ crucifying, Jews that heard the Gospel and were converted to Christ on the day of Pentecost?

Christ saved them.

And who is lost?

Those Christ didn't die for.

And who didn't Christ die for?

Those who are lost.

Who are the lost?

I just answered that. Them Christ did not die for.

Hilarious.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Those who translated the bible did so with a reckless disregard for the truth. Stake is the correct translation. Only a Pagan would cling to the word "cross."
Only a fool/believe notter would argue against (opposing yourself 2 Timothy 2:24-26 KJV) the preaching of the cross (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV)/the glorious gospel of Christ (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV)! I guess that's you!

daqq

Did the Israelites make the sign of the cross with lamb's blood at the first Passover?

Moshe exalted the Rod of Elohim, in the sign of the Tav, and the Reed Sea was parted so that the sons of Yisrael could Passover on dry land into the Sanctuary and Rest of YHWH, (the Shabbat Gadol of Unleavened Bread which is 20-21 Abib). :)

rod-of-elohim.png

CherubRam

Moshe exalted the Rod of Elohim, in the sign of the Tav, and the Reed Sea was parted so that the sons of Yisrael could Passover on dry land into the Sanctuary and Rest of YHWH, (the Shabbat Gadol of Unleavened Bread which is 20-21 Abib). :)

rod-of-elohim.png

In the sign of the Tav is not biblical, it is a Pagan notion.

CherubRam

Only a fool/believe notter would argue against (opposing yourself 2 Timothy 2:24-26 KJV) the preaching of the cross (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV)/the glorious gospel of Christ (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV)! I guess that's you!

Deuteronomy 21:23
you must not leave the body hanging on the pole overnight. Be sure to bury it that same day, because anyone who is hung on a pole is under God’s curse. You must not desecrate the land the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance.

1 Corinthians 1:23. NIV
23 but we preach Christ (crucified / staked out:) a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles,

Galatians 3:13
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

Acts 5:30
The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.

Acts 10:39
And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The mark of forgiveness was a single charcoal line on the forehead. The pole Moses made to hang the serpent was not a cross either.

I said nothing about a mark of forgiveness, nor a pole, nor a serpent.

My question was, "Did the Israelites make the sign of the cross with lamb's blood at the first Passover?"

The answer is yes.