Who Are The Elect?

KingdomRose

It's there Ps. 80:18.

You see, (?) it's all God's Work which results in our becoming Saved,
not by our own work of calling on Him.

When God gives His Elect Sons New Birth they shall call on Him!

Praise the Lord!

~~~~~

They have to be searching for God before He ever draws them. "SEEK ME that you may live," says Jehovah, the Most High. (Amos 5:4, NASB)

He also says: "YOU WILL SEEK ME and find me when you SEARCH FOR ME WITH ALL YOUR HEART." (Jeremiah 29:13, NASB)

This truth is reiterated by Jesus: "SEEK and you will find." (Luke 11:9, NASB)

It's up to each of us to seek God and His truth.

Robert Pate

Banned
The Holy Spirit works in different ways. Did you ever hear of it "moving over the surface of the waters" when God and His Son were getting ready to create life on this planet? (Genesis 1:2) So obviously it is used by God to do a variety of things. Therefore, how it acts with the chosen ones is different than how it acts with those who will live on Earth forever. Perhaps you should do a bit more studying. Just a suggestion!:e4e:

On the day of Pentecost there was a new manifestation of the Holy Spirit that had never occurred before.

With the coming of the Gospel into the world as the birth of the New Testament church, men became impowered by the Holy Spirit like never before. The lowly disciples became powerful preachers of the Gospel, Acts 4:21.

8,000 Jews were converted to Christ because of the preaching of the Gospel, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4. Nothing like this had ever happened before. Nor has anything like that happened since.

beloved57

If God predestinated anyone to salvation or to hell that would make him unjust.

To believe that God predestinates people to hell for no reason other than they were born after Adam is not teachable or believable. it is NOT possible to have saving faith in the unjust God of Calvinism.
You hate and speak evil of the True God.

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

Nanja

They have to be searching for God before He ever draws them. "SEEK ME that you may live," says Jehovah, the Most High. (Amos 5:4, NASB)

He also says: "YOU WILL SEEK ME and find me when you SEARCH FOR ME WITH ALL YOUR HEART." (Jeremiah 29:13, NASB)

This truth is reiterated by Jesus: "SEEK and you will find." (Luke 11:9, NASB)

It's up to each of us to seek God and His truth.

Rom. 3:11
There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

Man by nature can only seek the god of their own understanding, and that's not GOD.

Ps. 24:4-6
4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
5 He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
6 This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.

A Pure Heart, a New Heart, is given by God in New Birth Ezek. 36:26.

~~~~~

beloved57

Man by nature can only seek the god of their own understanding, and that's not GOD.

4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
5 He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
6 This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.

~~~~~
Yes men by nature don't understand or seek out or after the True God.

By nature no doubt we seek out or after a god, but it is only the god of our darkened and deceived understanding.

beloved57

~~~~~
It's only the chosen seed of Jacob that God calls to seek Him not in vain Isa 45:19!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yes, and the seed of Jacob is also spoken of here:

Acts 17:27
That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

~~~~~

You're on the wrong path. Truth leads to the Grace Gospel. (Paul's Gospel)

beloved57

Yes, and the seed of Jacob is also spoken of here:

Acts 17:27
That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

~~~~~
You right!

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Robert Pate

Banned
:thumb:

~~~~

Your Calvinist God is an unjust, unmerciful tyrant that condemns innocent people to hell for no reason than they were born after Adam, which is not their fault.

It is not possible to have saving faith in the God of Calvinism. So where does that leave you?

beloved57

Your Calvinist God is an unjust, unmerciful tyrant that condemns innocent people to hell for no reason than they were born after Adam, which is not their fault.

It is not possible to have saving faith in the God of Calvinism. So where does that leave you?
You hate the True God.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Ben Masada

"A man is not saved because he believes in Christ, he believes in Christ because he is saved."

I can spin it a million ways all day how much the non-Reformed fail at discerning the elect.

Well, this is not what Prophet Isaiah and Jesus said. Starting with Isaiah, he implied that a man is saved if he sets things right with God so that his sins, from scarlet red become as white as snow by repentance and return to the obedience of God's Law. (Isa. 1:18,19) As Jesus was concerned, he said that a man must listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31) No mention of the need to believe in the Christ of Paul which from only 2000 years ago became part of the gospel of Paul in replacement of the gospel of Jesus which is the Tanach.

dodge

Well, this is not what Prophet Isaiah and Jesus said. Starting with Isaiah, he implied that a man is saved if he sets things right with God so that his sins, from scarlet red become as white as snow by repentance and return to the obedience of God's Law. (Isa. 1:18,19) As Jesus was concerned, he said that a man must listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31) No mention of the need to believe in the Christ of Paul which from only 2000 years ago became part of the gospel of Paul in replacement of the gospel of Jesus which is the Tanach.

If they do not hear Moses and the Prophets neither will they be persuaded by what ?

though one rise from the dead.’

Jhn 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Gal 2:21
I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Jhn 1:17
For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

Ben Masada

[quote)If they do not hear Moses and the Prophets neither will they be persuaded by what?

By the supposition that "though" one rose from the dead. Jesus was a Jew and, being so, he would not contradict the Tanach which teaches against bodily resurrection, if you read 2 Sam. 12:23; Isa. 26:14 and Job 7:9.

though one rise from the dead.’

That's the same as "though" one COULD rise from the dead.

Jhn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

That's not a Jewish way to speak, unless a Jew is speaking as part of the People aka the collective.

Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

That's from the gospel of Paul, not of Jesus which was the Tanach. You must recall that this text is from Luke a Hellenist daily companion of Paul.

Jhn 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

This text is anti-Jewish because it implies that the Law is a lie and that Jesus was a fool for presenting the Law as the only solution to escape hell-fire. (Luke 16:29-31)

beloved57

What about golden calf worship?