Who Are The Elect?

beloved57

By the supposition that "though" one rose from the dead. Jesus was a Jew and, being so, he would not contradict the Tanach which teaches against bodily resurrection, if you read 2 Sam. 12:23; Isa. 26:14 and Job 7:9.

That's the same as "though" one COULD rise from the dead.

That's not a Jewish way to speak, unless a Jew is speaking as part of the People aka the collective.

That's from the gospel of Paul, not of Jesus which was the Tanach. You must recall that this text is from Luke a Hellenist daily companion of Paul.

This text is anti-Jewish because it implies that the Law is a lie and that Jesus was a fool for presenting the Law as the only solution to escape hell-fire. (Luke 16:29-31)
What people are guilty of golden calf worship?

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

Robert Pate

Banned
You are obsessed with calvin and canons of dort, and salvation by works.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

I have bad news for you. You are not one of the elect.

The elect are those that have embraced Christ and his Gospel as their only means of salvation.

beloved57

You are the one that believes in men. You think that John Calvin is an apostle. I think that he is the devils apostle.
You talk about what men say and do all the time. You teach salvation by works, by what a person does.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

flintstoned

Who are the elect?

The elect are those that have been reconciled unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19. And who has been reconciled unto God? ALL OF HUMANITY or the world.

"God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself" 2 Corinthians 5:19.

Wake up Calvinist! Why is it you cannot hear and believe the scriptures?

As far as God is concerned all of your sins are dead and buried and you have a free pass into heaven. To him that does nothing more than call on the name of the Lord shall be saved, Romans 10:13.

How do you jump from "God was in Christ reconcilING the world unto himself" to ALL OF HUMANITY has been reconciled?

Only (true) believers (the elect) have been reconciled to God. Unbelievers are not reconciled to God.

Nanja

You are the one that believes in men. You think that John Calvin is an apostle. I think that he is the devils apostle.

In the End, your eternal destiny will have no bearing what you thought about Calvin, but it's determined upon whether or not you were one who was Chosen In Union with Christ before the foundation of the world Eph. 1:4-11!

2 Tim. 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

Thus saith the Word of the Lord!

~~~~~

flintstoned

You are allowing your cultist religion to dictate what the Bible is saying.

The scripture says that God has reconciled the world unto himself by Jesus Christ. We had nothing, absolutely nothing to do with that.

Our part is to receive what Jesus has done to reconcile us to God. When you accept the free gift of salvation provided by Jesus then you will be reconciled unto God.

Jesus is our reconciler, 2 Corinthians 5:18,19 and our justifier, Romans 3:26.

Where does it state in scripture that God has already reconciled the world (which you seem to define as every individual/all people)to himself?