Who Are The Elect?

Nanja

Where does it state in scripture that God has already reconciled the world (which you seem to define as every individual/all people)to himself?

It doesn't.

God's Word says that many were already condemned and under the wrath of God John 3:18, 36!

~~~~~

Nanja

Nanja
God's Word says that many were already condemned and under the wrath of God John 3:18, 36!
~~~~~

Where do those scriptures say that?

Those verses apply to the goats, the portion of humanity whose sins Christ did not die for, that's why they can't believe because they were condemned already for their sins, and the wages of sin is death Rom. 6:23. They go into the second death Rev. 21:8 because they were always under the wrath of God.

Mat. 25:31
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

beloved57

nanja

Those verses apply to the goats, the portion of humanity whose sins Christ did not die for, that's why they can't believe because they were condemned already for their sins, and the wages of sin is death Rom. 6:23.

Correct, thats why they cant believe, because they are under condemnation for their sins. They were not of the Sheep Christ died for Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

You and i have explained this many times over the years, folk are without excuse !

beloved57

In the End, your eternal destiny will have no bearing what you thought about Calvin, but it's determined upon whether or not you were one who was Chosen In Union with Christ before the foundation of the world Eph. 1:4-11!

2 Tim. 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

Thus saith the Word of the Lord!

~~~~~

pate is consumed with what calvin did or said. He spends at least 75% of his post energy on calvin.

Nanja

nanja

Correct, thats why they cant believe, because they are under condemnation for their sins. They were not of the Sheep Christ died for Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

You and i have explained this many times over the years, folk are without excuse !

Right, and they are in denial of those verses because they prove the world that Christ died for was the world of His Sheep John 10:11, 15.

~~~~~

Nanja

pate is consumed with what calvin did or said. He spends at least 75% of his post energy on calvin.

Because he's blinded to the Truth of the scriptures, pointing to Calvin is just a diversion tactic.

It's so obvious that's all he's got!

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
Right, and they are in denial of those verses because they prove the world that Christ died for was the world of His Sheep John 10:11, 15.

~~~~~

According to the Bible Christ died for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 4:14. Not just "Some Certain Persons" but for all of humanity, Hebrews 2:9.

There is no scripture that says Christ only died for some and not all.

Jesus has reconciled the whole world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

Nanja

According to the Bible Christ died for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 4:14. Not just "Some Certain Persons" but for all of humanity, Hebrews 2:9.

Those scriptures have been explained to you many times but to no avail because you are spiritually blind.

~~~~~

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Those scriptures have been explained to you many times but to no avail because you are spiritually blind.

~~~~~

Why not reply to the three scriptures that Robert gave you. My guess is that you can"t.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
According to the Bible Christ died for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 4:14.

Not what the verse says. This verse says nothing about death or sins. It names The Son as Savior of the world, which is defined as the creation; not necessarily every person ever born into the creation.

Not just "Some Certain Persons" but for all of humanity, Hebrews 2:9.

Not what the verse says. "Tasting death" to conquer over death, is not the same as a universal redemption.

Scripture does say Christ gives life "to whom He wills." John 5:21

Again, the "world" that God loves and reconciles to Himself, is not the "world system" of ungodly humanity, but His creation. Believers are warned not to identify with the ungodly world system, which will "pass away." I John 2:15-17

Only those souls reconciled to the Father through the redemption of the Son will escape the end of the ungodly "world system "

Interpreting every mention of the world as a universal humanity, is just plain wrong.

Robert Pate

Banned
Not what the verse says. This verse says nothing about death or sins. It names The Son as Savior of the world, which is defined as the creation; not necessarily every person ever born into the creation.

Not what the verse says. "Tasting death" to conquer over death, is not the same as a universal redemption.

Again, the "world" that God loves and reconciles to Himself, is not the "world system" of ungodly humanity, but His creation. Believers are warned not to identify with the ungodly world system, which will "pass away." I John 2:15-17

Only those souls reconciled to the Father through the redemption of the Son will escape the end of the ungodly "world system "

Interpreting every mention of the world as a universal humanity, is just plain wrong.

You are in serious conflict with God's word. You might as well throw your Bible in the trash because you don't believe any of it. You want to believe that God is devisive and unjust. You do not have saving faith. It is not possible to have faith in your God.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
You want to believe that God is devisive and unjust.

If God had not saved even a single sinner, He would still be just.

It is not possible to have faith in your God.

Only when a soul is quickened to life in Christ, is it possible for sinners to manifest saving faith. And that miracle is determined by the righteous will of God. John 5:21

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Why is it wrong to say that Christ has provided a way for all men. Agreed that all men will not accept the offer but the offer has still been made.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Why is it wrong to say that Christ has provided a way for all men. Agreed that all men will not accept the offer but the offer has still been made.

It is wrong be cause a promise is not an offer. A Godly promise, made according to Covenant, will be kept, performed, and guaranteed sure, by God.

An offer is not binding and without legal power.

A Covenant made by God, in the name of God, means forgiveness is certain because it is the will of God.

An offer made to man, of salvation contingent upon man accepting the offer, means salvation is only a possibility, dependent upon the will of sinners.

Preaching a gospel centered upon the willful choice of mortal sinners, does not compare to the Gospel preached promising the will of Sovereign God be done . . on earth as it is in heaven.

beloved57

You are in serious conflict with God's word. You might as well throw your Bible in the trash because you don't believe any of it. You want to believe that God is devisive and unjust. You do not have saving faith. It is not possible to have faith in your God.

You don't believe the scripture. You blaspheme God with your every breath.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

Tulip is so intrinsic in the Scriptures, from Genesis to Revelation, that I suppose you have to practice your heresy :rolleyes:

Calvinism is that stuff, buddy. Real Christianity.
In a big way, you all are worse off than the Catholics. You've chosen a theology that implodes in on itself.
You need to come to the orthodox side of Protestantism.

Robert Pate

Banned
Tulip is so intrinsic in the Scriptures, from Genesis to Revelation, that I suppose you have to practice your heresy :rolleyes:

Calvinism is that stuff, buddy. Real Christianity.
In a big way, you all are worse off than the Catholics. You've chosen a theology that implodes in on itself.
You need to come to the orthodox side of Protestantism.

Your Calvinist doctrine is in serious conflict with the word of God.

God has ALREADY reconciled the world unto himself by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

No one needs to be predestinated.