Who Are The Elect?

Robert Pate

Banned

The World that Salvation was provided for
, according to the scriptures, is The World that God Loved John 3:16, His Elect 1 Pet. 1:2; or The Church Eph. 5:25; or The Sheep John 10:11,15; or Israel Is. 45:17.

But God has NOT elected these to salvation, but has according to His Purpose, created them specifically to be destroyed Rom. 9:22; 2 Pet. 2:12; to be condemned Jude 1:4; Mat. 25:41; reserved to the Day of Judgment Job 21:30!

Whatever God desires, that he does:

Job 23:13-14
13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.
14 For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him.

How can the created thing have the audacity to question God about what He does with His Creation?

Rom. 9:20
Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

God's Will is Sovereign over all His Creation, and He does with it as He Pleases:

Dan. 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

You have been shown many times how to interpret that scripture comparing it to other scriptures 1 Cor. 2:13, but because your mind is darkened Eph. 4:18 you're prevented from understanding it.

Before a person can call upon the Lord in a way that pleases God, they must first be made Spiritually Alive / Born Again / Quickened by the Holy Spirit, because those who are carnal / in the flesh cannot please God by anything they do Rom. 8:8!

Ps. 80:18b
quicken us, and we will call upon thy name.

So those Christ died for shall call upon Him after being Quickened by the Power of the Holy Spirit given them in New Birth!

~~~~~

On the day of Pentecost 8,000 Jews were quickened by the Holy Spirit because they heard and believed the Gospel.

"So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17. Which is the Gospel.

Nanja

On the day of Pentecost 8,000 Jews were quickened by the Holy Spirit because they heard and believed the Gospel.

"So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17. Which is the Gospel.

Wrong order. They weren't quickened because they heard and believed the Gospel,

but they heard and believed the Gospel because they were quickened!

A person who is spiritually dead cannot hear /perceive the Gospel which is Spiritual.

Hearing comes by having Life!

So before an Elect Child of God can Hear the Gospel which is God's Word,
he/she shall be quickened, be Born of God John 3:7, resulting in their hearing the Gospel of their Salvation Eph. 1:13

But the rest, the non-elect, will never hear / perceive the Gospel in a savingly way,
because their father is not God, but is the devil.

John 8:43-47
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

~~~~~

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
"What the heart loves, the will chooses, and the mind justifies."

Therefore, your free will is sorry and not to be relied upon.

Robert Pate

Banned
Wrong order. They weren't quickened because they heard and believed the Gospel,

but they heard and believed the Gospel because they were quickened!

A person who is spiritually dead cannot hear /perceive the Gospel which is Spiritual.

Hearing comes by having Life!

So before an Elect Child of God can Hear the Gospel which is God's Word,
he/she shall be quickened, be Born of God John 3:7, resulting in their hearing the Gospel of their Salvation Eph. 1:13

But the rest, the non-elect, will never hear / perceive the Gospel in a savingly way,
because their father is not God, but is the devil.

John 8:43-47

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

~~~~~

Your doctrine that you are quickened before you can hear is not according to the Bible. They hear and then they believe and are born again.

It is the preaching of the Gospel that brings people to Christ.

Paul said, "The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation" Romans 1:16.

Repent and teach the truth or you are doomed.

Nanja

Your doctrine that you are quickened before you can hear is not according to the Bible. They hear and then they believe and are born again.

You preach a distortion of the Truth, a false gospel of works;
things a person does to get himself saved Eph. 2:8-9; Is. 64:6!

Accursed you are Gal.1:8!

~~~~~

beloved57

Since when did you believe the Gospel ?

You teach that salvation depends on man's work, his will.

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

Robert Pate

Banned
Nowhere in the Bible does it say that people are first quickened before they believe.

The order of salvation is that they hear first and then they believe and then they receive the Holy Spirit.

"So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17.

No one is quickened first.

Nanja

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that people are first quickened before they believe.

The order of salvation is that they hear first and then they believe and then they receive the Holy Spirit.

"So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17.

You lie against, and distort the Truths of scripture all the time just like your father John 8:44.

Quickened means to be made Spiritually Alive, Born of God.

Believing or Faith in Christ is a gift and fruit of the Holy Spirit given in New Birth / when one is Quickened.

No one has the ability to do anything that pleases God while carnal / in the flesh.

Rom. 8:7-8
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

A person cannot even call upon the name of the Lord Rom. 10:13 in a way that pleases God unless they are quickened.

Ps. 80:17-18
17 Let thy hand be upon the man of thy right hand, upon the son of man whom thou madest strong for thyself.
18 So will not we go back from thee: quicken us, and we will call upon thy name.

So those Christ died for shall call upon Him as a result of their being made Spiritually Alive.

Rom 10:17
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

But unless one is quickened / Born of God, Faith will not come because they are spiritually dead, so they can't hear God's Word which is Spiritual.

John 8:43, 47

~~~~~

Last edited:

dodge

The first and most obvious to be elected was Jesus Christ. God chose Jesus Christ to be the savior of the world, 1 John 4:14. It was Jesus Christ that reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. If Jesus Christ reconciled us and the world unto God all other elections are irrelevant. It is just as important to be reconciled unto God as it is to be elected. The words "Reconciled" and "Elected" have pretty much the same biblical meaning.

RECONCILE: To bring back to friendship after an estrangement.

ELECTION: To choose or select a person.

God has chosen all of humanity in his Son Jesus Christ, Ephesians 1:4. You cannot be reconciled without being elected, nor can you be elected without being reconciled.

When you are reconciled unto God you are also elected. The Bible knows nothing about an individual election. God is no respecter of persons, Acts 10:34. Everything that God does, he does corporately. The scripture does not say that Jesus only atoned for the sins of "Some Certain Persons". What it says is that Jesus atoned for the sins of the world, 1 John 2:2 and reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Calvinist need to come to realize that Jesus has dealt with the sins of humanity, so that now... "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13. Whosoever means all, anyone, everyone that shall call upon the Lord shall be saved.

edit

Last edited:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
:yawn:
They done gone and made up their own version of 'elect' which the Bible literally states otherwise of.

beloved57

One must be of God to hear God's word Jn 8:47!

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
B57, you are on the fringe of Calvinism. The "sane Calvinists" keep their distance from you and those who are not of the Calvinist persuasion think you're some kind of a crazy Loon. Such is your religious life. You don't fit in anywhere.

Double predestination is not that big of a deal, it is simply a minor deviating from orthodox Calvinism. You seem to be laboring under the delusion that we teach two polar things and that simply isn't true- B57 just goes a different way with Original sin.

Your 'divide and conquer' thing fails with the Reformed, hombre. The doctrines are too rigid for your little mallet :rolleyes:

Also
The predestination and election of Calvinism i is plain as day in the scriptures. We have been over this again and again- it is incontrovertible.

No proper theologian would say otherwise either. You all are against Calvinism for incorrect reasons.

Robert Pate

Banned
Double predestination is not that big of a deal, it is simply a minor deviating from orthodox Calvinism. You seem to be laboring under the delusion that we teach two polar things and that simply isn't true- B57 just goes a different way with Original sin.

Your 'divide and conquer' thing fails with the Reformed, hombre. The doctrines are too rigid for your little mallet :rolleyes:

Also
The predestination and election of Calvinism i is plain as day in the scriptures. We have been over this again and again- it is incontrovertible.

No proper theologian would say otherwise either. You all are against Calvinism for incorrect reasons.

If God predestinated anyone to salvation or to hell that would make him unjust.

To believe that God predestinates people to hell for no reason other than they were born after Adam is not teachable or believable. it is NOT possible to have saving faith in the unjust God of Calvinism.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
If God predestinated anyone to salvation or to hell that would make him unjust.

As opposed to merely 'foreknowing', and yet of His own volition creating anyway.

You never really thought so far as to take into consideration your split hair.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
As opposed to merely 'foreknowing', and yet of His own volition creating anyway.

you have to think this through
-would God knowingly create a free will that would reject Him?
-would it then be a free will?
-would there be any need for what we are experiencing now?
-try to make sense of the world we live in
-try to make sense

Ben Masada

"So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17.[/B]

Nowhere in the Bible! According to Prophet Isaiah, first, we must repent and then return to the obedience of God's Law. (Isa. 1:18,19) This is in the Tanach. In the NT, we have Jesus warning us to listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)Regardless of how much Christians prefer the opinion of Paul as the Law
is concerned.

KingdomRose

All who come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him receive the Holy Spirit. It is the Spirit working in the life of the believer that produces the Christian life, Ephesians 2:10. It is all of God.

The Holy Spirit works in different ways. Did you ever hear of it "moving over the surface of the waters" when God and His Son were getting ready to create life on this planet? (Genesis 1:2) So obviously it is used by God to do a variety of things. Therefore, how it acts with the chosen ones is different than how it acts with those who will live on Earth forever. Perhaps you should do a bit more studying. Just a suggestion!:e4e: