ECT What's MAD?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
They certainly don't!

Reformers certainly believe I Timothy 2:4.

We just don't believe in how Dispensationalists interpret it.

Dispies interpret it "universally," and Reformers interpret it "particularly.:

And never the twain shall meet . . .

Nang

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is another ugly reality of trinity believing churches which do not want to be addressed.

Their faith is based on hate which need to be exposed to the world.

Violent faith is not of Jesus.

this is Christianity 101, everyone.

Who is the Lord speaking to here Meshek?

John 15:12 King James Version (KJV)

12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Do you have the right to dislike others?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If dispensationalism is all wrong, I'm still saved because I've believed the Gospel of the grace of God. Do you disagree?

Only you and Christ knows, if He has spoken to you.

Others can only surmise unless Christ has told them.

1Jn 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
1Jn 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1Jn 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
1Jn 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
1Jn 2:7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.
1Jn 2:8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.
1Jn 2:9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
1Jn 2:10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
1Jn 2:11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.
1Jn 2:12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.
1Jn 2:13 I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.
1Jn 2:14 I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

LA

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Nang says that God blinds minds, but it is the godf of this world who blinds the minds of them which believe not. I guess Nang doesn't know the difference.

2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV

Who is the real God of this world?

Sovereign Creator God Almighty . . . or Satan?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Water Baptism done today for the proper reason is an outward sign of an inward change, that we identify with the DBR of Jesus Christ.
Nope. It'sevidence of those who are endevouring to NOT keep the unity of the Spirit that was already made.

Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

Ephesians 4:2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

Ephesians 4:3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

There is no "proper reason" for baptism today or Paul would not have beseeched us to keep the one baptism, which is by one Spirit into one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV). No water, dude!

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Ephesians 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Ephesians 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

heir

TOL Subscriber
This is another ugly reality of trinity believing churches which do not want to be addressed.

Their faith is based on hate which need to be exposed to the world.

Violent faith is not of Jesus.

this is Christianity 101, everyone.
Get saved

musterion

Water baptism today is a sign that someone is trusting in their works and not Christ's faith and finished work.

Part of me wants to say it doesn't necessarily mean that in every case, unless they overtly put salvation significance on it. Then we're into salvation by works. But even the ones who swear up and down that it means nothing to salvation BUT if you pass on it, the God of all grace is displeased with you...how is that still not a form of pleasing God through the flesh? Even as a MAD I have tended to make excuses for some folks, but everyone who does it puts some weight on it, else they wouldn't do it.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Nang says that God blinds minds, but it is the godf of this world who blinds the minds of them which believe not. I guess Nang doesn't know the difference.

2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV

I guess you do not know what Scripture teaches.

Isaiah 6:9-10 clearly declares who sovereignly controls belief and/or unbelief.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Reformers certainly believe I Timothy 2:4.

We just don't believe in how Dispensationalists interpret it.

Dispies interpret it "universally," and Reformers interpret it "particularly.:

And never the twain shall meet . . .

Nang
Do you believe some were chosen for heaven and some for hell?

heir

TOL Subscriber
I guess you do not know what Scripture teaches.

Isaiah 6:9-10 clearly declares who sovereignly controls belief and/or unbelief.
Is there a god of this world in charge down here or are you blinded to that, too?

2 Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Part of me wants to say it doesn't necessarily mean that in every case, unless they overtly put salvation significance on it. Then we're into salvation by works. But even the ones who swear up and down that it means nothing to salvation BUT if you pass on it, the God of all grace is displeased with you...how is that still not a form of pleasing God through the flesh?

Anyone ever heard of faithful and loving obedience to the wise and righteous things of God . . . versus self-meriting works of the flesh?

Dispensationalists rejoice in confusing the two . . .

heir

TOL Subscriber
Anyone ever heard of faithful and loving obedience to the wise things of God . . .

Do you speak the wisdom of God in a mystery?

1 Corinthians 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

1 Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nope. It'sevidence of those who are endevouring to NOT keep the unity of the Spirit that was already made.

Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

Ephesians 4:2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

Ephesians 4:3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

There is no "proper reason" for baptism today or Paul would not have beseeched us to keep the one baptism, which is by one Spirit into one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV). No water, dude!

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Ephesians 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Ephesians 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

If it is wrong to be water baptized, why was the Philippian jailer baptized?

Acts 16:33 King James Version (KJV)

33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Is there a god of this world in charge down here or are you blinded to that, too?

There is not. Jesus Christ bound the powers of Satan, when He "crushed his power" on the cross. Hebrews 2:14

There is only one God of this world, and it is THE Creator God Almighty!

2 Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

These Scriptures rightly interpret the Scripture of Isaiah 6:9-10.

(How wicked it is to declare Satan, a mere and thoroughly wicked angel, to have equal powers with God ... who created him. That is a twisted and evil form of worshiping and honoring the creature rather than the Creator.)

john w

Hall of Fame
I speak English so in saying that it would be in an English translation that I trust to be a good translation. I prefer HCSB.

And I "prefer...like" french fries." And? What bible do you believe, for "prefering," liking" (fill in the blank) presupposes an authority over it. Truth is not a matter of "likeability/preference/choosing," like ice creme, medicine.... If it were, I would certainly not "prefer/like/choose" Christianity, as the Saviour/Christianity is quite demanding, i.e., faith alone, in the dbr, and shucking your works as a basis for acceptance by a holy LORD God, is demanding for proud men.

I nominate this brilliant post as HPOTD(Humble Post Of The Day).

heir

TOL Subscriber
Who is the real God of this world?

Sovereign Creator God Almighty . . . or Satan?
:jawdrop: Oh, wow! The god of this world (little g) is Satan, the prince of the power of the air.

Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: