ECT What's MAD?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is a tradition of men and not found in the scripture. It's Churchianity.

I just gave Heir a scripture. Maybe you can explain it.

Acts 16:33 King James Version (KJV)

33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

musterion

Problem is, no one in the Bible was buried in water.

If a ritual really was intended to reflect the reality of our identification in Christ, we'd be doing it in a sealed cave or some symbolic hole in the ground burial ritual.

vfirestormv

A) No Israelite that refused to keep the law would be considered FAITHFUL (regardless of whether they kept it perfectly or not). It was not the keeping of the law, but the faithful response to God's orders. In the dispensation of the grace of God, there are no lawful requirements at all except faith in the death for Christ for our sin (death, burial and resurrection to be exact).

B) Christ's sacrifice on the cross.

Thank you for answering that.

I too believe just that except I would add that it is not their faithfulness that actually save them but it was still Christ's death on the cross that provided the forgiveness for their sin. Which is why they were to make those sacrifices. Would that be an accurate to say as to what you believe?

If so then the only real difference would be when the NT Church started and whether all NT believers are the body of Christ or not.

ARMcCarley

And I "prefer...like" french fries." And? What bible do you believe, for "prefering," liking" (fill in the blank) presupposes an authority over it. Truth is not a matter of "likeability/preference/choosing," like ice creme, medicine.... If it were, I would certainly not "prefer/like/choose" Christianity, as the Saviour/Christianity is quite demanding, i.e., faith alone, in the dbr, and shucking your works as a basis for acceptance by a holy LORD God, is demanding for proud men.

I nominate this brilliant post as HPOTD(Humble Post Of the Day).

We are talking about versions of the bible not how demanding Christianity is for you. The Word of God has authority whether in English or Spanish, as long as it is accurately translated.

And for the record your post made me dizzy with all the punctuation marks... I almost threw up.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
:jawdrop: Oh, wow! The god of this world (little g) is Satan, the prince of the power of the air.

Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

I believe you are grossly mistaken . . . the above verse speaks of a "power" and a "spirit" but neither can possibly be interpreted as equal or equivalent to the power and spirit of Creator God.

If one tries to do so, they fall into the error of teaching "Dualism" which is incorrect and Gnostic.

Like I have already warned others to beware . . .

heir

TOL Subscriber
Part of me wants to say it doesn't necessarily mean that in every case, unless they overtly put salvation significance on it. Then we're into salvation by works. But even the ones who swear up and down that it means nothing to salvation BUT if you pass on it, the God of all grace is displeased with you...how is that still not a form of pleasing God through the flesh? Even as a MAD I have tended to make excuses for some folks, but everyone who does it puts some weight on it, else they wouldn't do it.
That's what you're doing. I'll stick with Paul who beseeched us to keep the one baptism.

ARMcCarley

So you don't believe you have it, you just "prefer" it. Did God lie (Psalms 12:6-7 KJV)?

No God did not lie, His words are as pure as silver refined 7 times. If your right then I feel sorry for the people that don't know English. You should teach English along with the gospel.

heir

TOL Subscriber
There is not. Jesus Christ bound the powers of Satan, when He "crushed his power" on the cross. Hebrews 2:14
The Lord Jesus Christ is not operating under all power today

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

or there would be no principalities, powers, rulers of the darkness of this world and spiritual wickedness in high places

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
That is a tradition of men and not found in the scripture. It's Churchianity.

Hmmm. . . is "Churchianity" the reason Jesus was baptized by John? Jesus clearly taught water baptism is a faithful exhibition and fulfillment of spiritual righteousness.

Who wants to void His baptism or His motives or His example?

Not me!

heir

TOL Subscriber
I just gave Heir a scripture. Maybe you can explain it.

Acts 16:33 King James Version (KJV)

33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

What do the Acts of the apostles have to do with us endevouring to keep the unity of the Spirit? NADA! You need to stop playing on the fence!

Right Divider

Body part
Thank you for answering that.
You're welcome.

I too believe just that except I would add that it is not their faithfulness that actually save them but it was still Christ's death on the cross that provided the forgiveness for their sin. Which is why they were to make those sacrifices. Would that be an accurate to say as to what you believe?
I didn't say that their faithfulness saves them. It's always by grace through faith. But the FAITH that God required of THEM included obeying the Law.

You need to quit trying to twist the meaning of what I'm telling you.

If so then the only real difference would be when the NT Church started and whether all NT believers are the body of Christ or not.
The entity called the body of Christ began with Paul and the stewardship (dispensation, same Greek word) given to HIM directly by Jesus Christ AFTER His ascension. Paul is the ONLY apostle that ever used the analogy of a HUMAN BODY to describe believers. Paul never knew Jesus Christ while He lived ON EARTH. Paul only knew the RISEN and GLORIFIED Jesus Christ that blinded him on his first meeting.

musterion

That's what you're doing. I'll stick with Paul who beseeched us to keep the one baptism.

I didn't mean I'm making excuses for their getting baptized. I'm just not writing them off as unsaved if they say they believe Paul's Gospel and insist their sentimental water baptism has no impact on their salvation. In that case, I can only assume they are saved...wrong about baptism but still saved, and their baptism a useless waste of time, but that's between them and Christ.

Lon

Hi Lon.

I meant everyone, not just believers.
We expect good works from everyone. We expect all of society not to steal, murder, etc., and help the needy, lend your neighbor a helping hand, etc.
Hi Tambora,

I separate works between a believer and nonbeliever because scripture, at least to me, seems to do so in a clear manner. Quick for instance:

Ephesians 2:8-10
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

"...created in Christ Jesus unto..." would preclude an unbeliever from them, as I'm understanding scripture passages.

This isn't to say that their actions have no benefit to man, they surely do, so again, I am just saying here, that I clarify by 'good works' I'm not talking about what an unbeliever does and I'm saying "good" in these passages is specifically about what God calls 'good' rather than just we.

So, back to the thread: I'm saying I see a difference between what God calls good works and what man sees as good works, which is my only reason for disagreement (clarification of terms rather than wholesale in disagreeing).

In Him

-Lon

Right Divider

Body part
Hmmm. . . is "Churchianity" the reason Jesus was baptized by John? Jesus clearly taught water baptism is a faithful exhibition and fulfillment of spiritual righteousness.

Who wants to void His baptism or His motives or His example?

Not me!
That's because you refuse to believe the truth.

heir

TOL Subscriber
No God did not lie, His words are as pure as silver refined 7 times. If your right then I feel sorry for the people that don't know English. You should teach English along with the gospel.
You don't have the perfect words of the Lord and you claim to believe a gospel that you claim is in M, M, L, and John, but that I showed you is not there. What is your final authority and what is the gospel of your salvation?