ECT What's MAD?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
VFV, You sure think 'highly' of yourself newbie! Next you'll
be threatening to "ban" those who offend you? You're not
a big deal! You're a tiny fish in a sea filled with Sharks!

Nang

TOL Subscriber
In that case, I best warn new posters about your "allegiance"
to the murdering heretic, John "Killer" Calvin (Not a wrestler!)
Who was responsible for the execution MURDER of at least fifty
plus persons who disagreed with his "Belief system?" Known
as Calvinism! I would advise 'new posters' to Google; (John
Calvin; responsible for the execution of Michael Servetus and 50
other people who went against the teachings of John Calvin!)
Calvin made certain that Servetus was "burned at the stack in or
around 1547!) Posters might be interested who NANG follows?

Hmmmm . . . guess this is why my posts are replete with nothing but Calvin quotes, eh?

This is prime example of MAD calumny . . .

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

And don't start with the technical that doesn't say the word grace. It is by God's grace that He should bruise his head.
The word trinity is not in Gen. or elsewhere in the Bible either but the truth of it is, right?

Wiseguy! You'll get your wings clipped around here, if you
continue to act like you're something greater than you are!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hmmmm . . . guess this is why my posts are replete with nothing but Calvin quotes, eh?

This is prime example of MAD calumny . . .

I'm almost certain NOBODY but a cranky/grouchy poster
named NANG is the ONLY one who uses/knows what,
Calumny means? I don't! I looked it up and it basically
translates; "slander!" I dare John "Killer" Calvin or his
family to sue me!!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
pervert

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1 Timothy 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

No matter who you are or what you were doing while you were there, God will save you when you trust the Lord believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. If anyone tells you there is more to it than that, they are perverting the gospel of Christ (Galatians 1:8-9 KJV).

Nang isn't exactly one of the best posters on TOL! In fact, quite
the opposite!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I have dusted my feet from you MADists, but new members are asking you questions, which I know you will dodge, twist, tweak, and confuse in order not to give straight answers. You are the master of the non-answer and distraction.

Sorry it upsets all of you so much . . .

But all TOL contributors have the right to understand and grasp who they are interacting with, and be made aware of the actual goals and purposes of the Dispensationalist and KJV-only crowd.

:DK:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You deny that God's will is that all men be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth and that Christ gave Himself a ransom for all to be testified in due time. That makes you a pervert.

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1 Timothy 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Calvinists DON'T believe this verse of Scripture; (1 Timothy 2:4)
"Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the
knowledge of the truth"

Lon

I agree 100% with all of your post. We should not glory in our works but in Christ's.
I disagree only on 'everyone' in context. 'Only' a believer is new-naturally capable of good works, else they are just 'similar' to actual good works. An unbeliever cannot do a thing to please God, thus their work is for negligible reasons and not the product of a New Creation.

Tambora, if you meant "All Believers" by everyone, I agree. Also, such then would place works in connection with salvation, as a product only producible by new creations.

If Tam or any others don't make this distinction, it would be an important one between MAD and the rest to be clear about. It also would be a very important point of agreement if such is the case as well so I think such should be meaningfully addressed if any of you have the time to address it.

Thanks

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Nang would have been perfect as the,"LEAD" prosecutor during the "Salem Witch
trials!" Guilty would be her cry! Even if somebody just told her it was 'lunch time!'

Doom

One thing is abundantly clear, those who are opposed to, or critical of Paul receiving his gospel message from Jesus, do not understand why God raised up Paul to begin with. I was in their shoes for over 25 years, but I discovered it without the help of a single "mid-Acts" proponent, and it's not worth all the hype that many on both sides give it. It's really very simple, and very easy to understand if you just give some effort to seeing that God had good news for the Jew concerning His promises through Christ, and a mystery of good news to the Gentile through Christ, which had not been revealed until the proper time.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
One thing is abundantly clear, those who are opposed to, or critical of Paul receiving his gospel message from Jesus, do not understand why God raised up Paul to begin with. I was in their shoes for over 25 years, but I discovered it without the help of a single "mid-Acts" proponent, and it's not worth all the hype that many on both sides give it. It's really very simple, and very easy to understand if you just give some effort to seeing that God had good news for the Jew concerning His promises through Christ, and a mystery of good news to the Gentile through Christ, which had not been revealed until the proper time.

The greatest flaw in this explanation of "mystery," is that there was a long lineage of persons saved by the grace of God, through faith, prior to Israel ever being formed into a nation, or before a Jew ever walked the earth . . including Abraham.

By your definition of "Gentile" Abraham was a Gentile.

All humanity was non-Jewish prior to Jacob, and Hebrews Chapter 11 lists souls saved prior to those days.

Salvation was reality before the nation of Israel existed, so it cannot be said absolutely, that salvation only comes through national Israel.

Salvation comes solely from the loving decree and good purposes of God, and by His power and grace, and has, since the very beginning.

musterion

Has anyone, Christ can not be included, ever been saved by obedience to the law?
First, you seem to still be conflating salvation (and what it means today) with how it worked then. In any case, Paul says no one was saved by obedience to the Law:

"Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions…"

Nonetheless, Israelites under the covenant had to observe the Law in faith,which is precisely where Israel failed (Romans 9:32), and which explains Matt 19:16-19 and James 2:17-18. It wasn't so much "works salvation" as "covenant salvation." It was conditional upon obedience in faith. Otherwise it was meaningless, empty ritual.

What did the animal sacrifices in the OT symbolize?
What was to come.

Doom

The greatest flaw in this explanation of "mystery," is that there was a long lineage of persons saved by the grace of God, through faith, prior to Israel ever being formed into a nation, or before a Jew ever walked the earth . . including Abraham.
I have never once expressed that men are saved any other way than by grace through faith, so your assumption by what I understand as the mystery is without merit.

By your definition of "Gentile" Abraham was a Gentile.
Abraham was a Gentile when he was justified by faith.

All humanity was non-Jewish prior to Jacob, and Hebrews Chapter 11 lists souls saved prior to those days.
Because they were looking forward to the promise. So?

Salvation was reality before the nation of Israel existed, so it cannot be said absolutely, that salvation only comes through national Israel.
God made a covenant with Abraham.

Salvation comes solely from the loving decree and good purposes of God, and by His power and grace, and has, since the very beginning.
Those who believe God

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I have never once expressed that men are saved any other way than by grace through faith, so your assumption by what I understand as the mystery is without merit.

Abraham was a Gentile when he was justified by faith.

Becuase they were looking forward to the promise. So?

God made a covenant with Abraham.

Those who believe God

How do you explain stating: " . . . a mystery of good news to the Gentile through Christ, which had not been revealed until the proper time?"

Are you saying that O.T. believers exhibited and lived according to blind faith?

I contend the gospel remained unknown and the promises were not believed, because of God's reprobation of many souls (both Jew or Gentile). Isaiah 6:9-10, John 12:37-40, II Corinthians 4:3, Romans 11:7-10, etc.

Only those who receive the grace of God and are gifted with faith to believe, can comprehend the heavenly kingdom promises. I Corinthians 2:14

Knowledge given of this kingdom is the good news, and it is the assurance of redemption worked for all kinds of sinners. National Israel (reprobates) mistakenly thought they alone were the chosen people of God, and at large, shunned non-Jews.

The latter reconciliation worked between Jews and Gentiles through this saving enlightenment of Truth to the church at Ephesus, is the "mystery" referred to by Paul in that epistle.

But only Christians grasp this part of the good news, because they alone are the recipients and benefactors of the gospel and anointing of the Holy Spirit, to begin with.

Reprobates still do not understand this "mystery" that both a Jewish remnant and a remnant, called out of all the nations of the world, make up the invisible, heavenly (church) Kingdom of God. See Rev. 5:9 and 7:9.

Reprobates still don't get it . . . that is what defines them as being "reprobate." God does not open their understanding to these gospel truths.