ECT What's MAD?

Right Divider

Body part
Faith without works is dead... show me your faith without your works and ill show you my faith by my works.

I don't believe vfirestormv believes in salvation by works based on what he has shared, but I will let him speek for himself.

how many despensations are there? 30... 40...43..? there is only one Gospel, Jesus Christ(either looking forward to him or back to him).
Such unnecessary confusion. There is ONE salvation (i.e., eternal life), there are MANY gospels. There are at least 2 dispensations. How about you start with that instead of showing off your ignorance with that stupid question?

Salvation (the eternal life kind) is always by faith. But the faith that God requires is NOT always the same. According to Paul, the dispensation of the grace of God specifically excludes works as a requirement. That does NOT mean that we should not DO THEM. We must, but not as a condition for eternal life.
Rom 4:4-5 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. (5) But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Eph 2:8-10 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: (9) Not of works, lest any man should boast. (10) For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
The walking in good works comes AFTER the faith.

vfirestormv

Once again you conveniently and purposely leave off the rest of Paul's words in order to maintain your false gospel. The sin issue was settled once for all 2000 years ago on the cross. IT IS FINISHED. Those who are in Christ are FREE FROM SIN. You want believers to observe the Law and evaluate whether or not they have stopped sinning. You want believers to live according to the flesh.

It is finished, but we still live in this flesh and are at war with this flesh just as Paul said. Why would he say these things

Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Php 4:9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

Why would he tell them to DO these things?

vfirestormv

Once again you conveniently and purposely leave off the rest of Paul's words in order to maintain your false gospel. The sin issue was settled once for all 2000 years ago on the cross. IT IS FINISHED. Those who are in Christ are FREE FROM SIN. You want believers to observe the Law and evaluate whether or not they have stopped sinning. You want believers to live according to the flesh.

Right Divider even says the very thing I say to you:

Salvation (the eternal life kind) is always by faith. But the faith that God requires is NOT always the same. According to Paul, in the dispensation of the grace of God specifically excludes works as a requirement. That does NOT mean that we should not DO THEM. We must, but not as a condition for eternal life.

That is the same thing I am saying. We do not do them for eternal life, but it is always good to do good and the law is good.

ARMcCarley

Such unnecessary confusion. There is ONE salvation (i.e., eternal life), there are MANY gospels. There are at least 2 dispensations. How about you start with that instead of showing off your ignorance with that stupid question?

Salvation (the eternal life kind) is always by faith. But the faith that God requires is NOT always the same. According to Paul, in the dispensation of the grace of God specifically excludes works as a requirement. That does NOT mean that we should not DO THEM. We must, but not as a condition for eternal life.
Rom 4:4-5 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. (5) But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Eph 2:8-10 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: (9) Not of works, lest any man should boast. (10) For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
The walking in good works comes AFTER the faith.

So you are saying many gospels and the others are saying one. Which is it? And I'm just asking questions to better understand MAD, I am not being "ignorant" or asking "stupid" questions.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I was lost before a preacher preached the Gospel of Christ that is in Matthew through John.
You cannot show that by the scriptures.

Im saved through grace by faith in Christ alone to the jew and the gentile.
It's not your faith that saves, but His!

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

This is one of the reasons I encourage you to pick up a KJB. It exalts Jesus Christ where the corrupted perversions try and hide His faith either by omitting or changing words in the verses to change the meaning.

Just whose faith do you believe justified you?

Doom

It is finished, but we still live in this flesh and are at war with this flesh just as Paul said. Why would he say these things
We are in the Spirit, not in the flesh. Though the spirit and the flesh are in opposition with each other, I have no war against the flesh. The flesh can never be brought into perfection. Just like Paul, you can never do what you please.

Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Php 4:9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
This is about renewing our minds with the truth concerning who we are in Christ, and to stop setting our minds on the flesh.

ARMcCarley

Oh no a KJV only... Are you a independent as well, are you just repeating what your preacher told you or have you looked a other versions?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
:nono:

Misinformation

"Is," "was," or "will be" a different gospel? Not.

The message of promise, provided by God for sinners, was the same for O.T. Jews, as it is for present-day Jews.

Grace has nothing to do with ethnicity, but all to do with divine pardon, which all kinds of sinners, from every nationality need, to find everlasting life.

There is only one name by which men can be saved, and it is Jesus Christ . . . not "national Israel!"

vfirestormv

So AGAIN I ask: How could they LOOK TOWARD IT?

Make up your mind. Which is it?

My mind is not changed. They did not know it like you and I now know it, looking back at the cross. But they were given the law which told them what they must do in order to stand before God. God knowing they could not do that gave them rites and rituals to do that would atone their sin, not forgive but cover. These were types of the true sacrifice to come which would forgive their sins not just cover. So though they did not know the name Jesus or even that He would die on the cross for their sin, they in faith, believed God and did according to what He told them to do to atone for their sin. But the ultimate fulfillment of those rituals was Christ. Therefore I can say they did these things in faith looking forward to the cross, although not knowing that's what it was. The cross was still the good news then as it is now. He is our Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. Why from the foundation of the world if it doesn't cover all times?

Doom

Right Divider even says the very thing I say to you:
He is mistaken. Works are not a "must" for those who have entered His rest.

The "good works" that we walk in are those God prepared beforehand. They are Christ's finished works. We are His workmanship.

Right Divider

Body part
So you are saying many gospels and the others are saying one. Which is it? And I'm just asking questions to better understand MAD, I am not being "ignorant" or asking "stupid" questions.
Your stupid question was about 20..25..30 etc. dispensations.

Like I said, it is clear that there are at least TWO. So start from that.

So those that say that there is ONE gospel are just plain ignorant. There is just no other way to say it. The Bible word "GOSPEL" simply means GOOD NEWS (or GOOD MESSAGE). That is ALL. The Bible NEVER explicitly connects that word with just ONE thing. There are MANY "good news" in the Bible.

Like this one:
Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
Paul makes it totally and abundantly clear that THIS gospel was the GOOD NEWS that "In thee shall all nations be blessed"

That "blessing" is not specically about eternal life, though many will try to force it to say that.