ECT What's MAD?

Doom

Why is it that most MAD rep's get overly angry and start name calling and saying that someone is not saved or our God is a bumbling idiot and leaving bad rep for someone who disagrees with their theology? First off, I would never call your God anything like that because I don't know if you are saved or not and I am not going to blaspheme my God. Secondly, if you or whoever are saved, then you are my brothers and sisters in Christ. Now we may disagree about a lot of things but it does not change the fact that we are to love one another. Call me out on scripture that you think I am misquoting and I will do the same. But don't attack me personally as if you hate me. Which I hope you don't. I have never seen so much hatred on a predominantly Christian board in my life.

Where do you get that idea?

The MAD doctrine produces lazy Christians

vfirestormv

Great.
Our works have no effect on our salvation.

When they speak of their own good works, they are boasting of something that has no effect on salvation.
It's just, well, boasting of their own works.

I do not boast of my good works.
I just do them without drawing attention to them or myself.
Cause it ain't about what I do, or what you do. It's about what Christ did.

It's nice that you do good works.
We expect good works from everyone, whether they are a believer or not.
But it has nothing to do with their getting salvation or keeping salvation.
If it did, then even an atheist might have done more good works than you have.
So, the good works are the not the criteria for whether one is saved or not.

I agree 100% with all of your post. We should not glory in our works but in Christ's.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I agree 100% with all of your post. We should not glory in our works but in Christ's.

Jesus will glorify your works if you are true to Him by obeying His teachings.

You guys dishonoring Jesus' teachings with "your works cannot save you" doctrine.

Jesus says "if you love Me, keep My commands."

Without loving Him, there is no salvation, period.

vfirestormv

Jesus will glorify your works if you are true to Him by obeying His teachings.

You guys dishonoring Jesus' teachings with "your works cannot save you" doctrine.

Jesus says "if you love Me, keep My commands."

Without loving Him, there is no salvation, period.

Yes meshak we should keep His commandments, but not for salvation but because of it. If we could keep His commandments and stand before God on our own, then Christ died in vain.

Doom

Yes meshak we should keep His commandments, but not for salvation but because of it.
Paul says just the opposite:

"This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?"

"For as many as are of the works of the Law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not abide by all things written in the book of the law, to perform them.”

"However, the Law is not of faith; on the contrary, “He who practices them shall live by them.”

musterion

Well that's mighty nice of you.

So is our refusal of Christendom's bastardization of Israel's messianic water rite enough to negate our profession of faith in Him, in your eyes?

musterion

By the way.

The greatest hope for America:
2Ch 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

What makes you think America is what God would call "My people"? And how does a whole people get their sin forgiven when salvation is on an individual basis?

vfirestormv

"This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?"

"For as many as are of the works of the Law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not abide by all things written in the book of the law, to perform them.”

"However, the Law is not of faith; on the contrary, “He who practices them shall live by them.”

He is talking about them trying to be justified by them. He also says:

Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Rom_7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Rom_8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

1Co_9:21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

Gal_6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

again speaking to those trying to be justified in the law:

Gal_5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

musterion

He is talking about them trying to be justified by them. He also says:

Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Rom_7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Rom_8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

1Co_9:21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

Gal_6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

Gal_5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Did you put this in a blender before posting it?

vfirestormv

By the way.

What makes you think America is what God would call "My people"? And how does a whole people get their sin forgiven when salvation is on an individual basis?

Because that verse is not talking about individual salvation, it is speaking to the nation of Israel as a whole. And I quoted it like that because God says in His word Pro_14:34 Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.
God has blessed America in the past and still continues to bless her in spite of ourselves. But He is likely to take His hand off us if we don't soon repent, yes change our mind about Him and turn back to Him and humble ourselves (Christians not the lost) and seek His face.

Do you really not think God can and will bless a nation if His people, which people we are, we are called Christians, will humbly seek Him?

vfirestormv

Well that's mighty nice of you.

So is our refusal of Christendom's bastardization of Israel's messianic water rite enough to negate our profession of faith in Him, in your eyes?

Where did this even come from? Where you talking to me? If so, I think I answered that a couple posts up.

Doom

He is talking about them trying to be justified by them.
You need to read what Paul says a bit closer.

He says that they had already begun by the Spirit and are now ADDING the Law to faith. They were already justified by faith. Obviously you are too lazy to pay close attention to what Paul actually wrote and are just regurgitating your works-based religious dogma.

He also says:

Once again you were to lazy to read the next several verses:

"How shall we who died to sin still live in it? Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; for he who has died is freed from sin".

This has NOTHING to do with "keeping the commandments", and EVERYTHING to do with the finished work og the cross and our being raised with Christ and seated at the right hand of God.

The truth is, you have never believed the gospel.

Paul is giving a synopsis of what he had just stated in his narration in Romans 7 as to how the Law reveals the sin dwelling in his flesh. He is not telling everyone to keep the Law, which he also calls the ministry of death and condemnation. You are so far removed from the truth of the gospel, that nothing you have to say comes close to sharing it. You are still carnally minded.

Correct, but I'm convinced that you don't know what that means.

The "law of Christ" is NOT the commandments. Only those who are not in Christ would attempt to make that claim.

In Galatians Paul is addressing both those who have already been justified and those who have yet to be justified. Any first year Bible student would know that.

vfirestormv

So are we to use the Lord name in vain? Are we to murder? Are we to steal? Surely you do not think that, so then think what is Paul then saying. That no one will be justified by the works of the law. But the law is no less holy and good.

vfirestormv

You need to read what Paul says a bit closer.

He says that they had already begun by the Spirit and are now ADDING the Law to faith. They were already justified by faith. Obviously you are too lazy to pay close attention to what Paul actually wrote and are just regurgitating your works-based religious dogma.

No you are not correctly reading and understanding. They had begun by the Spirit and were now trying to live by the law for their justification. He is saying you can't do it.