ECT What's MAD?

Doom

So are we to use the Lord name in vain? Are we to murder? Are we to steal? Surely you do not think that, so then think what is Paul then saying. That no one will be justified by the works of the law. But the law is no less holy and good.

Already have shown you your error about this. The Galatians were ALREADY justified by faith. They were adding works of the Law to faith. The Judaizers were adding another gospel to the gospel they had already received and believed. To deny this is to complete pervert the text. The Law is not of faith. You want to add the law back into the equation, which makes you a preacher of another gospel, and Paul says you are to be accursed.

All things are permissible, but not all things are profitable. You are mixing morality and righteousness, which is putting old wine into new wine skins.

vfirestormv

Once again you were to lazy to read the next several verses:

"How shall we who died to sin still live in it? Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; for he who has died is freed from sin".

This has NOTHING to do with "keeping the commandments", and EVERYTHING to do with the finished work og the cross and our being raised with Christ and seated at the right hand of God.

Yes it has nothing to do with keeping the commandments, it has everything to do with we are no longer slaves to sin. It no longer has us in bondage. Should we therefore commit sin so we are not following the law? That is ridiculous...

Doom

No you are not correctly reading and understanding.
"Having BEGUN BY THE SPIRIT, are you NOW being PERFECTED by the flesh". They were ADDING works of the Law to the faith they already had.
They had begun by the Spirit and were now trying to live by the law for their justification.
No, for their perfection. They were already justified. They were already saved. Are you saying the Galatians were not saved when Paul wrote to them?

vfirestormv

Already have shown you your error about this. The Galatians were ALREADY justified by faith. They were adding works of the Law to faith. The Judaizers were adding another gospel to the gospel they had already received and believed. To deny this is to complete pervert the text. The Law is not of faith. You want to add the law back into the equation, which makes you a preacher of another gospel, and Paul says you are to be accursed.

All things are permissible, but not all things are profitable. You are mixing morality and righteousness, which is putting old wine into new wine skins.

No sir, you are in error when you say I try to add anything to faith. I said exactly that they were trying to add the law to faith to justify themselves. Which we can't do. But being freed from the bondage of sin, are we then to sin? God forbid. Being justified by faith, does this mean the law is unholy? God forbid.

Rom 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
Rom 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
Rom 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
Rom 2:15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;

musterion

V,

Consider what Doom said above: the Galatians were ALREADY saved, yet Paul cursed - twice - those who would preach to them a false gospel.

Now consider how God must view those who preach a false gospel TO THE LOST.

If you retracted it I missed it, but a few days ago you said refusing water baptism as not for today is enough reason for you to seriously doubt the profession of faith of all MADs. That means you have, despite insisting otherwise, given submission to water baptism some weight in determining salvation. Which is a false gospel.

vfirestormv

"Having BEGUN BY THE SPIRIT, are you NOW being PERFECTED by the flesh". They were ADDING works of the Law to the faith they already had. No, for their perfection. They were already justified. They were already saved. Are you saying the Galatians were not saved when Paul wrote to them?

No I am not saying that, but that is what they were trying to do and that is why Paul was correcting them.

Doom

Yes it has nothing to do with keeping the commandments, it has everything to do with we are no longer slaves to sin. It no longer has us in bondage. Should we therefore commit sin so we are not following the law? That is ridiculous...
Paul's gospel is not ridiculous? Being set free from sin has nothing to do with your behavior, and everything to do with being a new creation in Christ. Again, you are so far removed from the truth that you are still preaching a message that is focused on the flesh.

Believers in Christ are free from the Law, free from sin, and free from death. We are as holy and righteous as we will ever be. In fact, those in Christ are as holy and righteous as Jesus. Your mind is set on the flesh, not on who we are in Christ.

Right Divider

Body part
This is a lie from hell. She doesn't even understand that I don't hate her or anyone else here. She just wishes I did that way she could feel better about the lies she will tell when she twists my words. Just look for the ones who start with the name calling, it will all become clear then.
I too heir am saved by grace through faith in the finished work of the cross, but guess what, so is Peter, so is David, so is Abraham, so is Adam and everyone in between that has by faith looked toward the cross.
How could they "look toward the cross" when the had NO knowledge of it?

You're just a trouble maker like too many here that attack their caricature of the Mid-Acts dispensational understanding of the God's revelation.

vfirestormv

V,

Consider what Doom said above: the Galatians were ALREADY saved, and Paul cursed - twice - those who would preach to them a false gospel.

Now consider how God must view those who preach a false gospel TO THE LOST.

If you retracted it I missed it, but a few days ago you said refusing water baptism as not for today is enough reason for you to seriously doubt the profession of faith of all MADs. That means you have, despite insisting otherwise, given submission to water baptism some weight in determining salvation. Which is a false gospel.

No sir, I have not said that at all. I only said why would you not want to be water baptized seeing it as an outward profession of our faith in Christ. I have never ever believed that water baptism had any bearing on our salvation. Otherwise the thief on the cross is dead in his sins and so many others. You might have taken something I said wrongly, but I assure you I do not nor ever have believe water baptism was anything more than an outward showing of what already took place.

musterion

No sir, I have not said that at all. I only said why would you not want to be water baptized seeing it as an outward profession of our faith in Christ. I have never ever believed that water baptism had any bearing on our salvation. Otherwise the thief on the cross is dead in his sins and so many others. You might have taken something I said wrongly, but I assure you I do not nor ever have believe water baptism was anything more than an outward showing of what already took place.

You said dismissing "believer's baptism" made you tend to suspect someone was not a believer at all.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Do not get me wrong, I believe most of them may be saved in spite of themselves, but their doctrine is definitely twisted.

This coming from a man who thinks all of these are the same thing :dizzy:

Look at the context of the passages, they are talking about the body of Christ, we all being baptized with the Holy Spirit, it is by that one Spirit we are all one body. and have been made to drink in one Spirit.

But in the sense you are talking, we are all baptized by Jesus.

It is saying that by one Spirit we are all baptized into one body.

There is one baptism that is essential, that is the baptism of the Holy Spirit

Words have no meaning to vstorm. It's the "it's all the same" syndrome.

Doom

No sir, you are in error when you say I try to add anything to faith. I said exactly that they were trying to add the law to faith to justify themselves. Which we can't do. But being freed from the bondage of sin, are we then to sin? God forbid. Being justified by faith, does this mean the law is unholy? God forbid.
Once again you conveniently and purposely leave off the rest of Paul's words in order to maintain your false gospel. The sin issue was settled once for all 2000 years ago on the cross. IT IS FINISHED. Those who are in Christ are FREE FROM SIN. You want believers to observe the Law and evaluate whether or not they have stopped sinning. You want believers to live according to the flesh.

heir

TOL Subscriber
So how many gospels do the MAD believe?
For salvation, we believe the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16-17 KJV); that gospel that I showed you way early in the thread was a mystery before Paul Romans 16:25 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV

Galatians 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

Galatians 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.