What is the Gospel?

heir

TOL Subscriber
I'm not completely clear as to your argument. Paul's statement:

is clear though and would include any message that did not fit with the truth about Christ preached by any preacher to any audience.
The whole Jacob and Esau rabbit trail is not a gospel preached unto you for salvation. And even if it was preached unto you as a gospel, the person preaching it would be accursed, not you. Get on with the gospel that is the power of God to save you and any and all men because of the faith of Jesus Christ and His cross work in the world's place when you and they trust the Lord believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV took place in your stead (Romans 4:25 KJV)!

I'm not sure your assertion trumps Jesus's does it? The Kingdom equates to eternal life doesn't it? Jesus came that His chosen (Israel) would accept Him - but they didn't take it.
The requirements for eternal life in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John is different (Mark 10:17-21 KJV) than what it is for you and me (Romans 6:23 KJV, Titus 3:5-7 KJV)!
I am no expert on this but it just seems straight forward. I don't understand the reason for the complication. The first four books of the NT are called the Gospel. That makes all that is written there the Gospel.
Don't be ignorant. There is more than one "gospel" in the Bible.
Sure, 1 Cor. 15:3-8 represents the essence of the Gospel without having to run through the entire Jesus story.
Paul declares the gospel by which we are saved in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV. It was a mystery (Romans 16:25-26 KJV)to those of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John and Paul tells us why (1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV). The gospel Paul received is not after man, neither was he taught it, but by revelation of Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV). It is the gospel that is the power of God to save you and anyone else who will trust the Lord believing it (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) in this due time (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV). Trust the Lord now believing it and be assured eternity with God (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV).

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I understand what you're saying and have studied the subject somewhat in the past. If the Gentiles are grafted in as per Romans 11, then the Kingdom applies to them too and would form part of the Gospel as far as I can see.

Where in scripture is there an explicit verse that limits the universality of Jesus's Mat. 24:14 statement?

The Messianic Kingdom is Messiah’s rule over the entire earth from Jerusalem. Israel will be the head of the nations and Jewish believers will co reign with Christ in Israel. The gentile believers will co rule with Messiah in the other parts of the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sonnet

Ah ha.... Who were you before you were Sonnet?

Why ask questions when you already think you know the answers?

Is this a test?

I have no idea at all why you are writing this GD. That there is confusion amongst Christians regarding this issue is incontrovertible and hardly engenders faith.

I don't have any answers GD. I'm just asking questions in the hope that someone might clear things up.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I have no idea at all why you are writing this GD. That there is confusion amongst Christians regarding this issue is incontrovertible and hardly engenders faith.

I don't have any answers GD. I'm just asking questions in the hope that someone might clear things up.
Someone has. You've been given the answer. The Lord Jesus Christ is risen, that's the Good News. Every Christian agrees with that, and nobody believes it who isn't a Christian.

Sonnet

The requirements for eternal life in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John is different (Mark 10:17-21 KJV) than what it is for you and me (Romans 6:23 KJV, Titus 3:5-7 KJV)!

But Jesus also said that the work of God is to believe in Him - John 6:29, 3:14-16, 14:1ff etc.

In Mark 10 Jesus tells the man to 'follow Him' and that:

“With man this (salvation) is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.”

Don't be ignorant. There is more than one "gospel" in the Bible. Paul declares the gospel by which we are saved in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV. It was a mystery (Romans 16:25-26 KJV)to those of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John and Paul tells us why (1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV). The gospel Paul received is not after man, neither was he taught it, but by revelation of Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV). It is the gospel that is the power of God to save you and anyone else who will trust the Lord believing it (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) in this due time (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV). Trust the Lord now believing it and be assured eternity with God (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV).

I don't see a any difference. The Gospel is to believe and follow Jesus and would include the crucifixion for anyone alive following the event.

Sonnet

Someone has. You've been given the answer. The Lord Jesus Christ is risen, that's the Good News. Every Christian agrees with that, and nobody believes it who isn't a Christian.

It's natural to have doubts about anything that isn't clearly proven - especially anything historical. The issues I and others have raised (here and elsewhere), the confusion that exists even amongst professed believers, and also the existence of a competing alternative explanation to our existence (Neo-Darwinism) all have an impact.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No matter what you will cling to as not repugnant, the same command from God remains. Do you duty. Call upon the name of the Lord and be saved.

What's stopping you from doing so right now?

AMR

Well? What is stopping you?

AMR

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
It's natural to have doubts about anything that isn't clearly proven - especially anything historical. The issues I and others have raised (here and elsewhere), the confusion that exists even amongst professed believers, and also the existence of a competing alternative explanation to our existence (Neo-Darwinism) all have an impact.
You're right, but none of those have any bearing at all on whether or not you will choose to take the leap of faith and believe with 100% certainty that the Lord Jesus Christ is risen. You can't establish it as a fact or as a lie or as an error, you have to choose one of them. Choosing to believe He is risen is the exact Christian faith, and always has been, it just so happens.

Sonnet

It's been asked - risen for whom? Some Christians who deny He died for all will, to be consistent, have to say He did not rise for all.

Sonnet

You're right, but none of those have any bearing at all on whether or not you will choose to take the leap of faith and believe with 100% certainty that the Lord Jesus Christ is risen. You can't establish it as a fact or as a lie or as an error, you have to choose one of them. Choosing to believe He is risen is the exact Christian faith, and always has been, it just so happens.

That's guessing in hope. Doubts always accompany such 'mental gymnastics'.

Perhaps the Calvinists are right after all.

I cannot do as you suggest.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
It's been asked - risen for whom? Some Christians who deny He died for all will, to be consistent, have to say He did not rise for all.
I'm not being snarky, it's just the same answer.