What does John 14:21 mean?

dahelmang

Can you explain what you are saying?
It is better to obey your parents out of love or respect than fear, right? A sign of spiritual maturity is that you obey God's commands because you love Him, instead of fear of the consequences.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

dahelmang

It is necessary to love Jesus. If you don't love Him there is no salvation.

Jesus also says if you love Him, keep His commandments.

So keeping His commandments is necessary for salvation.

it is that simple, friend.
he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,
Titus 3:5 NIV
You can't earn your salvation through works. The works come after salvation, in gratitude, as worship.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It is better to obey your parents out of love or respect than fear, right? A sign of spiritual maturity is that you obey God's commands because you love Him, instead of fear of the consequences.

I love God and Jesus. I want to obey God's Commandments and Jesus' Commandments. I obey God because I love Him. What do you mean by fear and fear of the consequences?

dahelmang

I love God and Jesus. I want to obey God's Commandments and Jesus' Commandments. I obey God because I love Him. What do you mean by fear and fear of the consequences?
You are doing what the verse says! Young Christians might obey because they think bad things will happen if they aren't good, or because their communities pressure them into it. Sometimes we need that to get started, but in the long run it isn't healthy.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are doing what the verse says! Young Christians might obey because they think bad things will happen if they aren't good, or because their communities pressure them into it. Sometimes we need that to get started, but in the long run it isn't healthy.

I am a proselyte and a convert to Israel and Judaism.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

he means fear of going to hell

meshak

BANNED
Banned
he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,
Titus 3:5 NIV
You can't earn your salvation through works. The works come after salvation, in gratitude, as worship.

This is typical; most churches cliché.

It is talking about our former sins. You have to continually being faithful to Jesus until the end to be saved..

That is what Jesus says in the revelation.

dahelmang

This is typical; most churches cliché.

It is talking about our former sins. You have to continually being faithful to Jesus until the end to be saved..

That is what Jesus says in the revelation.
There's no reason to be rude. I have had good fellowship with people who don't believe in eternal security, in spite of our disagreement.

dahelmang

Jesus instructed to keep and teach the Commandments and I saw no obstacle to doing so.
But He also said no one could come to God except through Him. I am glad that you like Jesus, don't get me wrong, but He fulfilled the Mosaic law, so why do you follow it?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
But He also said no one could come to God except through Him. I am glad that you like Jesus, don't get me wrong, but He fulfilled the Mosaic law, so why do you follow it?

Jesus is the Messiah. He never said to stop observing the Commandments.

dahelmang

Jesus is the Messiah. He never said to stop observing the Commandments.
Have you read Galatians? I'm assuming since you said you had converted to Judaism that you obey the Mosaic law, right? At least... As much as you are able without a temple of course.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
There's no reason to be rude. I have had good fellowship with people who don't believe in eternal security, in spite of our disagreement.

Reporting without good explanation is not rude?

dahelmang

Reporting without good explanation is not rude?
You're right. I should have provided more explanation. I thought you closed the thread for personal reasons, rather than a rules violation. I apologize for not saying that before.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You're right. I should have provided more explanation. I thought you closed the thread for personal reasons, rather than a rules violation. I apologize for not saying that before.

I closed because most of them were just trolling the thread.

You didn't notice?

Judging unfairly is very rude, friend.

dahelmang

I closed because most of them were just trolling the thread.

You didn't notice?

Judging unfairly is very rude, friend.
I was reporting so someone else could judge. I am sorry to have offended you.