toldailytopic: Once a person is saved can they reject that salvation should they chan

glorydaz

2 Corinthians 2:9
9 For to this end also did I write, that I might know the proof of you, whether ye be obedient in all things.​

:idunno:

Oh, so you don't know whether you are obedient in all things? That should give you a hint about where the line should be drawn over when someone might lose their salvation. One sin, two sins, three sins, four, five sins, six sins, seven sins or MORE?

John 6:40
And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:44
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:54
Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

genuineoriginal

That should give you a hint about where the line should be drawn over when someone might lose their salvation.
Why do you keep insisting that a person can lose what they don't have?

We have the promise of eternal life until the return of Jesus, if we continue in the faith.

StanJ53

it should be obvious I would love it if you were able to be fully persuaded that HE IS ABLE to save and to keep you....while you, nor any of us, can ever hope to save or keep ourselves.

See there's your problem. No one here has said that, obviously you have a huge mental block on this issue.

Taking our own responsibility for what happens to us based on what we choose is our choice. We can either choose to follow and obey Jesus, or we can choose not to. Salvation does NOT prevent the law of reaping and sowing.

StanJ53

We obviously disagree that HE IS ABLE to keep us unto the day of redemption.

I assume you are referring to 2 Tim 1:12, which is my favorite verse in the KJV.
How about v14 then...where Paul finishes that thought with the following words; Guard the good deposit by the Holy Spirit that indwells us.

Looks to me like we have some responsibility here. You can't really rest all the time if you have to GUARD the deposit now can you?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yep that's me...silly silly, :chuckle:

Now, you're catching on! It took you awhile (longer than most)
however, you did it! You ought to be proud! You're now, one
tenth of the way towards achieving, whatever you think you're
goal is! Be persistent and don't give up until you see you've
exhausted all the hope that's in you!

genuineoriginal

What do you think a person is doubting when they claim that OSAS is not scriptural?
Eternal life
They doubt they have recieved it
I have no doubt in the matter, I am fully convinced in my own mind.

There is not a single person alive today that has already received eternal life.

There are many people who have had their names written in the book of life, and they will receive eternal life at the resurrection of life.

There are many people that had their names written in the book of life who have had those names blotted out because they did not continue in the faith, and they will be part of the resurrection of damnation.

John 5:29
And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.​

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I have no doubt in the matter, I am fully convinced in my own mind.

There is not a single person alive today that has already received eternal life.

There are many people who have had their names written in the book of life, and they will receive eternal life at the resurrection of life.

There are many people that had their names written in the book of life who have had those names blotted out because they did not continue in the faith, and they will be part of the resurrection of damnation.

John 5:29

And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.​

To the resurrection of judgement that is, at some point in the 11th-13th this word damnation came to mean sent to hell but it means judgement.

We are passed over from this judgement when we believe that Christ was judged and condemned and put to death on our behalf. We have come clean, we have come to the light and seen and agreed with God that we are sinners all and worthy to die. But Christ died for us, in our stead.

Marvel not my brethren if the world hate you. We know that we have passed from death unto life because we love the brethren. He that loveth not hi brother abideth in death.

I do agree my dear genorig that the faith talked about in the bible is a living active thing. But the work springs from the faith....not 't'other way about.

If you do not hold onto the faith that saves nor will you accomplish the works thereof.

StanJ53

Now, you're catching on! It took you awhile (longer than most)
however, you did it! You ought to be proud! You're now, one
tenth of the way towards achieving, whatever you think you're
goal is! Be persistent and don't give up until you see you've
exhausted all the hope that's in you!

Now you've gone and ruined it for me GM. I will never be the same again.

glorydaz

See there's your problem. No one here has said that, obviously you have a huge mental block on this issue.

Taking our own responsibility for what happens to us based on what we choose is our choice. We can either choose to follow and obey Jesus, or we can choose not to. Salvation does NOT prevent the law of reaping and sowing.

So come right out and say it to prove I have a mental block. What if you don't choose to follow and obey? Can you lose your salvation? Yes or No?