toldailytopic: Once a person is saved can they reject that salvation should they chan

genuineoriginal

If you do not hold onto the faith that saves nor will you accomplish the works thereof.
As you say, it is the faith that is important for salvation.

All through our life, from the time we first believe until the time we die, we are going through the trial of our faith.

Those that endure until the end, shall be saved.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I have no doubt in the matter, I am fully convinced in my own mind.

There is not a single person alive today that has already received eternal life.

There are many people who have had their names written in the book of life, and they will receive eternal life at the resurrection of life.

There are many people that had their names written in the book of life who have had those names blotted out because they did not continue in the faith, and they will be part of the resurrection of damnation.

John 5:29
And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.​

It's a shame you're uncertain of everything, isn't it?

IMJerusha

IMJ, Do you believe you can lose your salvation? Are you confidant in your eternal destination?

Grosnick, how many times do you have to ask me this question?
How many times do I have to post Yeshua's words and Paul's words?
You don't want to believe those words. There's not much I can do about that.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Grosnick, how many times do you have to ask me this question?
How many times do I have to post Yeshua's words and Paul's words?
You don't want to believe those words. There's not much I can do about that.

I don't recall you answering those questions so,
obviously, I don't know the answers! If you desire
not to answer, then don't! No biggie!

IMJerusha

I don't recall you answering those questions so,
obviously, I don't know the answers! If you desire
not to answer, then don't! No biggie!

You're so full of hogwash! :chuckle:
I have answered you and if that were not true, it would not have been repeatedly pointed out, ad nauseum I might add, that I am among those who have been condemned as being sad sacks for not having the same assurance that you have. I really should check to see if there is a TOL rule about harassment in the form of repetitive questioning. I have no desire to rehash everything with you simply because you don't agree with Yeshua or Paul. The truth is that those who believe as I do have the same assurance you do because of what Yeshua did on the cross. For you or anyone to state that is not the truth denies Yeshua's work on the cross for all of mankind. You are basically doing what you accuse us of doing. Yeshua is the Way. Whether you or I or anyone choose to walk the narrow road or the broad road, it doesn't dispel what Yeshua did.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You're so full of hogwash! :chuckle:
I have answered you and if that were not true, it would not have been repeatedly pointed out, ad nauseum I might add, that I am among those who have been condemned as being sad sacks for not having the same assurance that you have. I really should check to see if there is a TOL rule about harassment in the form of repetitive questioning. I have no desire to rehash everything with you simply because you don't agree with Yeshua or Paul. The truth is that those who believe as I do have the same assurance you do because of what Yeshua did on the cross. For you or anyone to state that is not the truth denies Yeshua's work on the cross for all of mankind. Yeshua is the Way. Whether you or I or anyone choose to walk the narrow road or the broad road, it doesn't dispel what Yeshua did.

If, indeed someone happens to forget something
someone else said, I highly doubt the powers that
be would respond in a negative way towards the
one that forgot! However, feel free to check into
it, by all means! I know TOL doesn't care for whiners!

IMJerusha

If, indeed someone happens to forget something
someone else said, I highly doubt the powers that
be would respond in a negative way towards the
one that forgot! However, feel free to check into
it, by all means! I know TOL doesn't care for whiners!

Will you acknowledge so well the state of TOL but not Yeshua's work on the cross for all mankind? Interesting.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Will you acknowledge so well the state of TOL but not Yeshua's work on the cross for all mankind? Interesting.

You sure don't read many of my posts, do you? You're
too busy being angry! The difference between most of
the people on this thread and myself is, I believe once
a person is saved, they're saved for eternity! They cannot
lose their salvation by anything they do or don't do!

Most on this thread are not confidant enough in Gods
word to trust the fact that Christs shed blood and
resurrection was enough! And, anything we do isn't
enough!

IMJerusha

You sure don't read many of my posts, do you? You're
too busy being angry! The difference between most of
the people on this thread and myself is, I believe once
a person is saved, they're saved for eternity! They cannot
lose their salvation by anything they do or don't do!

Most on this thread are not confidant enough in Gods
word to trust the fact that Christs shed blood and
resurrection was enough! And, anything we do isn't
enough!

Of course Yeshua's blood was enough. The problem is you don't believe that for if you did, you wouldn't continue to question our assurance in His blood. You question the work of Ruach HaKodesh in the Body because you believe it is works based salvation. You put down Yeshua's work on the cross, you put down the Ruach and you put down the members of the Body all the while believing there will be no consequence for such action when Yeshua stated there would be. I'm not angry with you Grosnick. I feel sorry for you.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Of course Yeshua's blood was enough. The problem is you don't believe that for if you did, you wouldn't continue to question our assurance in His blood. You question the work of Ruach HaKodesh in the Body because you believe it is works based salvation. You put down Yeshua's work on the cross, you put down the Ruach and you put down the members of the Body all the while believing there will be no consequence for such action when Yeshua stated there would be. I'm not angry with you Grosnick. I feel sorry for you.

I don't question Christ, nor the Holy Spirit, I question those who
deny that God is able to keep them saved! That's most of you
on this thread!

glorydaz

And I'm sure he feels sorry for you, IMJerusha, as I do, because you have proven you have no assurance of your salvation. You quote verses that you think claim we can lose our salvation, but you quote them without knowledge....for they say no such thing.

glorydaz

Why do you keep insisting that a person can lose what they don't have?We have the promise of eternal life until the return of Jesus, if we continue in the faith.

I don't. Many think they are saved when they aren't. Many, like you, don't believe salvation is possible until they have put off the tent in which they dwell and are given their new spiritual body.

Those of us who have been crucified with Christ and have risen with Him have eternal life, we only await our new spiritual body which we will receive when the Lord returns.

glorydaz

All through our life, from the time we first believe until the time we die, we are going through the trial of our faith.

That trial of your faith to see whether it be the saving kind or not. If you are still striving to enter then that faith is not the saving kind.

The faith that saves is the faith that is FULLY PERSUADED that God is able to perform what He has promised....not that you may perform anything.

You are still wandering around in the wilderness without enough faith to enter in. There were disciples who walked no more with Jesus for the same reason...they did not endure to the saving of their souls.

Hebrews 10:39
But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Here are some more who did not endure to the saving of their souls.

1 John 2:19
They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

We, however, ARE DEAD, and our life is hid with Christ in God. We have been crucified with Christ and now we live ETERNALLY with Him. We only groan until the redemption of our body....we have no fear because we DO HAVE LIFE....eternal life right now.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

I live by the faith of the Son of God, He says "because I live you shall live also." scriptures like that fill my soul with glory.

It's because HE lives.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
are you continuing in the faith when you doubt?

There is a difference between honest doubts or wavering as believers (Thomas, Peter) and a final rejection of great light without remaining in the light and becoming a godless unbeliever, not just a struggling believer (Judas; apostates).

Apostasy is an extreme thing, not just a doubt or fleshly sin common to most believers.