ECT Those who believe will labor to enter the "Rest" of God"

vfirestormv

How many baptisms are there for you?

There is one baptism that is essential, that is the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Water baptism is an outward showing what took place when I was baptized in the Holy Spirit.
Act 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

Notice they had already been baptized with the Holy Spirit.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Is Matthew 16:20 for you?

It is when Christ speaks it to us.

Mat 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Preceedeth not preceeded.

LA

Doom

There is one baptism that is essential, that is the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
I have studied my Bible for over 30 years now, and i've yet to find anything called the "baptism OF the Holy Spirit". Can you please direct me to that "baptism"?

vfirestormv

What sin/sins?

Are you trying to say that we or you no longer sin?

1Ti_5:20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

1Co_8:12 But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ.

vfirestormv

I have studied my Bible for over 30 years now, and i've yet to find anything called the "baptism OF the Holy Spirit". Can you please direct me to that "baptism"?

Maybe study harder... or are you going to grasp at straw men as well...

Act_1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

Doom

Try "filled with the Holy Spirit"

LA.
Are you saying that a person who has been "filled with the Holy Spirit" has received the "baptism OF the Holy Spirit", or that all those who are baptized BY the Holy Spirit are filled with the Holy Spirit?

Doom

Maybe study harder... or are you going to grasp at straw men as well...

Act_1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
That's not answer, nor is it evidence of what you claimed is true. My studies lead me to not change what the Bible says. Wouldn't it be creating a "straw man" to change what the Bible says? Why are you accusing me of doing what you just did?

vfirestormv

Are you saying that a person who has been "filled with the Holy Spirit" has received the "baptism OF the Holy Spirit", or that all those who are baptized BY the Holy Spirit are filled with the Holy Spirit?

Again:

How am I changing it? I am highlighting it.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The first bit.

Joh 7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
Joh 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
Joh 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

When the Holy Spirit came to the Temple, the Temple was filled.

LA

vfirestormv

That's not answer, nor is it evidence of what you claimed is true. My studies lead me to not change what the Bible says. Wouldn't it be creating a "straw man" to change what the Bible says? Why are you accusing me of doing what you just did?

How is that not answer? It says John, he is talking about John the Baptist here, baptized with water, that is that wet stuff, but ye shall be baptized, that's what John did only with that wet stuff, with, that means with, the Holy Ghost, that means the same thing as Holy Spirit.
Next week we will go over how there is only one gospel again folks so be sure to attend.

Doom

How is that not answer? It says John, he is talking about John the Baptist here, baptized with water, that is that wet stuff, but ye shall be baptized, that's what John did only with that wet stuff, with, that means with, the Holy Ghost, that means the same thing as Holy Spirit.
Next week we will go over how there is only one gospel again folks so be sure to attend.

Of
With

Two different words.

You really hate the word "two", don't you?