ECT Those who believe will labor to enter the "Rest" of God"

vfirestormv

There will be NO "revival" where this present evil world is concerned. Our hope is to be delivered from it (Galatians 1:3-4 KJV) and as ambassadors, to preach the word of reconciliation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV) that others can be saved out of it, too (1 Corinthians 1:21 KJV)!

This world is on a course (Ephesians 2:2 KJV) and evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse (2 Timothy 3:13 KJV). We're not going to change it nor were we called to.

I would say that we are called to:
Eph 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Eph 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Eph 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
Eph 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Eph 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
Eph 6:19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

I know the end of it all as well as you. Does that mean we should just sit back and let it happen. Is that what Paul did? I would say no, but Paul humbled himself before God and did much praying and often fought against his flesh and sought God's face.
If you know a bus full of children is going to go over a cliff if they leave that school would you not try to get as many off of it as you could?

And to say that God can not give this country another revival, are you kidding me? Is there anything too big for God. Show me in scripture where God says He will not bring another revival. If He doesn't it is because lazy Christians like you, who think you are all good to go, that there is nothing left for you to do but to wait for God to call us home, wont take the time to humble yourself and pray, though all seems lost already.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I would say that we are called to:
Here, I'll fix it for you:

Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

Ephesians 4:2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

Ephesians 4:3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Ephesians 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Ephesians 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

heir

TOL Subscriber
The greatest hope for America:
2Ch 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
Wasn't the sin/sins issue settled 2000 years ago? Aren't we already forgiven all trespasses?

vfirestormv

Jesus Christ was the baptizer at Pentecost.
There's no way to make him the baptizer here, 1 Cor 12:13 (KJV).

Why not let it say what it says?

Look at the context of the passages, they are talking about the body of Christ, we all being baptized with the Holy Spirit, it is by that one Spirit we are all one body. and have been made to drink in one Spirit.
Otherwise this next verse would be a lie which it is not:

Eph_1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

vfirestormv

Here, I'll fix it for you:

Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

Ephesians 4:2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

Ephesians 4:3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Ephesians 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Ephesians 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

That is all great, maybe I will use that in the future. But there is nothing wrong with the signature now. Or should we just start tearing out pages from our Bibles. Cause it sounds like from you they are not good for doctrine, reproof correction and instruction in righteousness.
Maybe we should get Paul to change it to All My, Paul's, Epistles... are good for those things.

vfirestormv

Wasn't the sin/sins issue settled 2000 years ago? Aren't we already forgiven all trespasses?

Yes we are and were forgiven of our sins, Does this mean we should continue in sin? Does this mean we should not war against the flesh? Does this mean that we should not try to walk in a way that is pleasing unto God?
I say, for someone who claims to be such a great advocate for Paul, which nothing wrong with that, you sure don't like following what he preached, except to claim your two gospel theory. Let's follow Paul up to the point of salvation and then we are good to go. Eat, drink and be merry... :(

heir

TOL Subscriber
That is all great, maybe I will use that in the future.
You'd have to decide Who the baptizer is concerning the one baptism. You can't seem to make up your mind.

Look at the context of the passages, they are talking about the body of Christ, we all being baptized with the Holy Spirit, it is by that one Spirit we are all one body. and have been made to drink in one Spirit.

You people like to draw lots of straw men. It is saying that by one Spirit we are all baptized into one body.
That's not endevouring to keep the unity of the Spirit. And do you water baptize or believe we should today?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Otherwise this next verse would be a lie which it is not:

Eph_1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Does the Spirit have ONLY one function? Cannot the Holy Spirit identify people into the one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV) and seal them/us (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV)?

vfirestormv

Why have a signature that is contrary to the wholesome words of Romans through Philemon?

Because there is nothing not wholesome about humbling ourselves before God, Praying, seeking God's face, turning from our wicked ways. You do know you are still in this sinful flesh don't you?
And though my sin was hung on that cross of Calvary and I am forever saved, I will still give an account at the judgement seat of Christ for every idle word even. Those works will be burnt up. Our sin in the flesh today, after accepting the gift of salvation, hinders our fellowship with God. Therefore I pray without ceasing for my sin and many other things.
You do believe the whole Bible is for us, don't you?

vfirestormv

You'd have to decide Who the baptizer is concerning the one baptism. You can't seem to make up your mind.
I have no problem in knowing who the baptizer is. You just try to read into the lines I write, much like you try to read into the lines in the Bible to make it say what you want it to say.

That's not endevouring to keep the unity of the Spirit. And do you water baptize or believe we should today?

Yes I was water baptized and believe we should today. But that is just an outward showing of our death, burial and resurrection with Christ. The inward baptism is when we are baptized with the Holy Spirit. And water baptism is not essential for salvation.

vfirestormv

Does the Spirit have ONLY one function? Cannot the Holy Spirit identify people into the one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV) and seal them/us (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV)?

He has more than one purpose.
and yes He can and does. We are identified in the body of Christ by the Spirit. The very same one in which Jesus sent.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Because there is nothing not wholesome about humbling ourselves before God, Praying, seeking God's face, turning from our wicked ways.
The verse doesn't end with that. It is a future promise to Israel, including the future blotting out of their sins whereas we in the Body have already ("now") received the atonement and the inheritance is not even the same! Why are you laying claim to it? It's contrary to the hope for today and the inheritance for those who trust the Lord believing Paul's my gospel. And yet you say it is the biggest hope for America. :vomit:
Our sin in the flesh today, after accepting the gift of salvation, hinders our fellowship with God.
Wrong. Members of the BoC are complete in Christ Colossians 2:10 KJV. We can't get any closer to God than that!
Therefore I pray without ceasing for my sin and many other things.
What sin/sins?
You do believe the whole Bible is for us, don't you?
Yep, but it's not TO us and I'm not about to steal that which isn't mine or spiritualize passages away to make them fit somewhere they don't. It makes MUD out of the word of God and we are not told to stick it all in a blender, but to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I have no problem in knowing who the baptizer is. You just try to read into the lines I write, much like you try to read into the lines in the Bible to make it say what you want it to say.
The Bible says it's BY ONE SPIRIT

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

but You have a conflicting report:

It is saying that by one Spiritwe are all baptized into one body.

I believe it means EXACTLY what it says!

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Yes I was water baptized and believe we should today.
So you endevour to NOT keep the unity of the Spirit. Got it.