ECT Those who believe will labor to enter the "Rest" of God"

vfirestormv

It does, but I wouldn't expect you to comprehend the difference, so don't bother putting much effort into learning what the differences are. It's obvious that it doesn't come easy for you.

In the context I used it it doesn't. That is why I am saying you like grasping at straw men. Or drawing them, however the saying goes...

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It does, but I wouldn't expect you to comprehend the difference, so don't bother putting much effort into learning what the differences are. It's obvious that it doesn't come easy for you.

Go ahead and explain using scriptures and not opinion.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Okay, then what "gospel" were the disciples preaching in Luke 9:6, since you claim that there is only one gospel?

Luk 9:1 Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.
Luk 9:2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.
Luk 9:3 And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staves, nor scrip, neither bread, neither money; neither have two coats apiece.
Luk 9:4 And whatsoever house ye enter into, there abide, and thence depart.
Luk 9:5 And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them.
Luk 9:6 And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.

Its all the same gospel.

Isa 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
Isa 61:2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
Isa 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.
Isa 61:4 And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.
Isa 61:5 And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers.
Isa 61:6 But ye shall be named the Priests of the LORD: men shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves.
Isa 61:7 For your shame ye shall have double; and for confusion they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess the double: everlasting joy shall be unto them.
Isa 61:8 For I the LORD love judgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.
Isa 61:9 And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed.

LA

vfirestormv

Okay, then what "gospel" were the disciples preaching in Luke 9:6, since you claim that there is only one gospel?

They were preaching the Messiah. Though they still did not understand the fullness of it at that time. Neither did David know it in it's fullness:
Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

It's a one gospel Bible my brother. It has no better news than that of Christ and Him crucified, from the first covering (atonement) of mans sin there in the garden til the end of the last book.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
They knew nothing of Christ crucified when they were preaching the gospel in Luke 9

Not so.

The disciples could not face it at the time, and did not have to.

the priests of any worth throughout the centuries taught the people about the sacrifices of the Temple.

Do we suppose that Christ left that part out when He showed them the scriptures referring to Him?(the OT)

and how come you do not know them now?

Luk 24:25 Then He said to them, "O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken!
Luk 24:26 Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory?"
Luk 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.

LA

musterion

They knew nothing of Christ crucified when they were preaching the gospel in Luke 9

True.

Matthew 16: Peter rebukes His first indication that He was to die. No 'good news of the Cross' in Peter's mind here.

Matthew 17: He says it again but they're deeply grieved. No 'good news of the Cross' here, either.

Luke says they did not get it yet:
But they understood not this saying, and it was hid from them, that they perceived it not: and they feared to ask him of that saying.
Still no 'good news of the Cross' yet. Paul was the first one to preach it because he's the first one God told it WAS good news.

Doom

Luke 18:31 Then He took the twelve aside and said to them, “Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and all things which are written through the prophets about the Son of Man will be accomplished.

Luke 18:32 For He will be handed over to the Gentiles, and will be mocked and mistreated and spit upon,

Luke 18:33 and after they have scourged Him, they will kill Him; and the third day He will rise again.”

Luke 18:34 But the disciples understood none of these things, and the meaning of this statement was hidden from them, and they did not comprehend the things that were said.

Just so you know... Luke 9:6 precedes Luke 18:31-34; and Luke 24 follows Luke 18

heir

TOL Subscriber
I have studied my Bible for over 30 years now, and i've yet to find anything called the "baptism OF the Holy Spirit". Can you please direct me to that "baptism"?

It can only be found in the wannabe Pentecostal church. LOL

heir

TOL Subscriber
There is one baptism that is essential, that is the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Water baptism is an outward showing what took place when I was baptized in the Holy Spirit.
Act 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

Notice they had already been baptized with the Holy Spirit.

Look at the context of the passages, they are talking about the body of Christ, we all being baptized with the Holy Spirit, it is by that one Spirit we are all one body. and have been made to drink in one Spirit.

But in the sense you are talking, we are all baptized by Jesus.

It is saying that by one Spirit we are all baptized into one body.

There is one baptism that is essential, that is the baptism of the Holy Spirit

:dizzy: Holy smokes! How many baptisms do you have there? Words have no meaning to you.

heir

TOL Subscriber
There is one baptism that is essential, that is the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Water baptism is an outward showing what took place when I was baptized in the Holy Spirit.
Act 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

Notice they had already been baptized with the Holy Spirit.
you endevour not :sigh:

vfirestormv

:dizzy: Holy smokes! How many baptisms do you have there? Words have no meaning to you.

They are all the same ONE baptism.
:dizzy: wow how many ways of getting saved throughout history does your theory have?
How was Job saved? How was Abraham saved? How were any before the Jews saved? How were the Jews saved? How were the Apostles saved? How are we saved today?

vfirestormv

No, they only knew the Messiah was here. And as I said before it was not fully realized yet, but it is still Christ. Just as the OT Jews sacrificed animals to cover their sins which was looking forward to what? Was it Christ coming? Or was it even though they didn't fully understand it that Christ would come and be our sacrifice?
Isa 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
Isa 53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
Isa 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

What was David looking forward to? Was Christ crucified at that time?

Act 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
Act 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
Act 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Act 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.