ECT The worm

Danoh

If I told you of the day I was anointed of the Holy Spirit by God, and how God revealed His Son in me, you probably would not believe it anyway. As for some reason it tends to make others think I am boasting of myself when I describe everything that happened to me that day, and the days following.

So instead, I will just speak of what the Lord has revealed to me by His Spirit in His words, and let those who are able to hear it, decide whether it is of God's Spirit or not. Let the glory and praise be to God. :)

It's all fine and wonderful to assert your above assertion.

But any map is only as useful as one's understanding of how to properly read it as to what goes where in light of what.

And that is what the Scripture is - a map. An outline of things and their respective course through time.

A map comprised of things spoken of at sundry times and in divers manners.

One rendered of none effect when how it is to be read in light of what goes where in light of what...is ignored.

Might as well just pick any old tax code to do one's taxes by; regardless of a current "administration."

I.S.I.T.

No, so I can know if you believe the gospel and whether to invest time trying to show you things from the scripture.

I already confessed several times now that I believe in every word of God, that includes the gospel of Jesus Christ. So you can either take my word for it or not, matters not to me. And as far you showing me things from scripture, be my guest, but I do not need any man to teach me, as should be the case with all those who are anointed and taught by God.

1 John 2:27
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him."

SaulToPaul 2

I already confessed several times now that I believe in every word of God, that includes the gospel of Jesus Christ. So you can either take my word for it or not, matters not to me. And as far you showing me things from scripture, be my guest, but I do not need any man to teach me, as should be the case with all those who are anointed and taught by God.

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him."

2 Timothy 2:2 (KJV)

Right Divider

Body part

You are wrongly not dividing and trying to get in where you don't belong.

Danoh

No, so I can know if you believe the gospel and whether to invest time trying to show you things from the scripture.

Given how often such a noble intent is then turned by some into a constant means of harassment; ridicule; mocking; and so on when the "right" answer proves "unapproved" - I can't say I blame those observing our ever endless, graceless talk of grace their concluding that "yeah; sure; right; you and yours have my best interest at heart..."

Right Divider

Body part
I may not belong to "your group", but I assure you I belong to the body of Christ. :)
The body of Christ did not even exist when 1 John was written. John new nothing of it. He was one of the 12 apostles that were to judge the 12 tribes of Israel.

Your insult about "your group" is unnecessary and counterproductive.

heir

TOL Subscriber
There are many mysteries which the princes of this world
Paul said he was speaking the wisdom of God in a mystery which none of the princes of the world knew, for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. (1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV). That mystery includes the fact that "Christ died for our sins" (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)! The gospel that Paul preached was given by revelation of the risen, ascended, glorified Lord Jesus CHrist (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV). Paul writes that his gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ is according to the revelation of the mystery which was kept secret since the world began, but now is made manifest,...(Romans 16:25-27 KJV). The dispensation of the gospel was committed unto Paul (1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV) not John the B.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I say I believe the words, but you say I do not, so who knows my heart better, you, or me? All you have shown is that you do not believe me. :)
It says it is impossible for those who were once enlightened to be renewed. Impossible means impossible, but you don't believe it.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Cherry picking scriptures based on what you want to hear and believe is a bad practice. All the prophets and the apostles spoke by the same Spirit of Christ, to dismiss any of them is not wise. :)
I'm not cherry picking anything. I believe ALL scripture is for our learning (Romans 15:4 KJV). These verses say the exact opposite of one another and yet both are true and mean what they say Acts 10:35 KJV or Titus 3:5 KJV. I believe them both. Which one don't you believe? You believe all scripture is TO you, so you "dismiss" one of them out and cherry pick the other as you cannot reconcile things that are different.

heir

TOL Subscriber
If I told you of the day I was anointed of the Holy Spirit by God, and how God revealed His Son in me, you probably would not believe it anyway. As for some reason it tends to make others think I am boasting of myself when I describe everything that happened to me that day, and the days following.

So instead, I will just speak of what the Lord has revealed to me by His Spirit in His words, and let those who are able to hear it, decide whether it is of God's Spirit or not. Let the glory and praise be to God. :)
No need to be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord unless you don't have one.

heir

TOL Subscriber
That's why you need to "rightly divide" but not dismiss certain books and apostles altogether. :)
I asked you what is it that we are to rightly divide and how earlier in the thread and you ignored it yet here you are again telling others to rightly divide. Please define what it is we are to rightly divide and how.

heir

TOL Subscriber

What is the gospel of your salvation? And why would God give gifts unto men including teachers if they were not useful? What are they for then?

Danoh

I may not belong to "your group", but I assure you I belong to the body of Christ. :)

Obviously there are now many groups within the faith (as well as outside of the faith; who only think they are in the faith).

If you are in the Body; then you are in the Body.

Regardless of what group or club you might or might not belong to.

Body is one thing...

Club...another...

I prefer the good standing of the former...

Regardless of what club I may or may not hold the assertions of...

That is the bottomline...who is a member in good standing...who is in the Body...

Regardless of club...

1 Corinthians 3:4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal? 3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? 3:6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 3:7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

What's in your wallet?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The body of Christ did not even exist when 1 John was written. John new nothing of it. He was one of the 12 apostles that were to judge the 12 tribes of Israel.

The body is God's church.

Colossians 1:18 "And He is the head of the body, the church..."