ECT The worm

I.S.I.T.

:chuckle:

Can I eat pork?

Will your conscience allow it? I personally know by the words of God that there is nothing that can enter into a man that can defile the heart of man, as what goes into the stomach has nothing to with what is truly in the heart. It is the things that come out of the heart that defile a man, not what he eats.

But some may have a weak conscience and might think eating certain foods is sin, so to that mans conscience it is sin. So why should I, or him be judged by anothers conscience? Let every man be thoroughly convinced in his own mind.

SaulToPaul 2

Will your conscience allow it? I personally know by the words of God that there is nothing that can enter into a man that can defile the heart of man, as what goes into the stomach has nothing to with what is truly in the heart. It is the things that come out of the heart that defile a man, not what he eats.

But some may have a weak conscience and might think eating certain foods is sin, so to that mans conscience it is sin. So why should I, or him be judged by anothers conscience? Let every man be thoroughly convinced in his own mind.

Are there not commandments in the Bible against eating pork?

I.S.I.T.

Giving a testimony is important.
You can tell us what led you to realize that you needed a savior, what you believed, and who you trusted.

Will you do that?

No one can come to the Son unless the Father first draw him. I believe in every word of God, and trust in God and in His Word and being guided by His Spirit. But enough about me. :)

I.S.I.T.

Then we all may as well die as it is impossible for any to be renewed!
Hebrews 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

Hebrews 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

Hebrews 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

So then the question becomes, why haven't we?

Ana and Sap sure did! Acts 5:1-11 KJV

Are these two passages saying the same thing?

Acts 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

vs.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

This is where we see if you will be honest with yourself and with the scriptures as it is clear to the Bible believer that both of these passages are true an mean what they say. The only option is for them to not both be written TO us.

What is it we are to rightly divide and how?

Again Heb 6 is about falling away from the faith, not about committing a single sin and then repenting of it later and turning back to the Lord and being forgiven. You are trying to prop up a straw man argument by misrepresenting what falling away from the faith means in Hebrews 6. Nice try though. :)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Are there not commandments in the Bible against eating pork?

Not that apply to the kingdom of God.

Romans 14:17 "for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit."

Dietary restrictions only apply to sanctification not salvation.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Again Heb 6 is about falling away from the faith, not about committing a single sin and then repenting of it later and turning back to the Lord and being forgiven. You are trying to prop up a straw man argument by misrepresenting what falling away from the faith means in Hebrews 6. Nice try though. :)
You don't believe what the verses say. You want to so desperately to make them about man today (most likely because you are trusting in your work and not trusting His), but they are clearly not. Your first clue is who Hebrews is written TO. Anything? It's written to Hebrews! Secondly, addressing the content, you slide away from that too as it says it is impossible...read it and believe every word!

Hebrews 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

Hebrews 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

Hebrews 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Impossible means impossible and a perfect example of a couple who were once enlightened and tasted of the heavenly gift who fell away were Ana and Sapp.

They, like the Hebrews, were only made partakers if what?

Hebrews 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Whereas we are made partakers by the gospel (Ephesians 3:6 KJV) and that "of the grace of God (Acts 20:24 KJV) the moment we trust the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation (Ephesians 1:13 KJV). It's a done deal where we are concerned!

I.S.I.T.

1 Corinthians 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

1 Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

What is that mystery? Something to scoff at? Or does it include the very gospel by which we are saved today?

All those who are born of God's Spirit, and have the "hidden manna" in them, and have the Spirit of wisdom also speak the words of God in a mystery, and also understand many of the mysteries of the Kingdom as Jesus said. Mark 4:11 "And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:"

I can speak the word in a mystery as well, being given understanding by God into many of the symbolism, proverbs and parables. Take my OP about the scarlet worm being symbolic of sin for instance, many did not know that mystery, but the Lord revealed that to me by the Spirit. I will be sharing many more mysteries to come in the future, Lord willing of course. But that does not mean people who are without can receive them, or hear what the Spirit is saying in them, only those to whom it is given. :)

I.S.I.T.

You don't believe what the verses say. You want to so desperately to make them about man today (most likely because you are trusting in your work and not trusting His), but they are clearly not. Your first clue is who Hebrews is written TO. Anything? It's written to Hebrews! Secondly, addressing the content, you slide away from that too as it says it is impossible...read it and believe every word!

I do believe what they say, that's why I first posted them as a warning to those who think they cannot fall away from the faith despite ongoing wilful sin, like OSAS teaches. I made a thread with Jesus own words that prove that idea false. Jesus said he who sins is a servant of sin and a servant of sin abides not in the house forever. Does that sound like Eternal security for ongoing sinners who say they cannot fall? Hardly

And you to me are doing the opposite of what you accuse me of, because you are desperately trying not to make it about you, as if you are special and certain warnings in scripture do not apply to you, so in your mind you think you cannot fall, no way, no how. But the Gentiles are not given special treatment over the Jews, that would make God's judgment bias. You really need to rethink that boastful position because it is in error.

1 Corinthians 10:12
Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

Romans 2:9
Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
And Romans is written to Romans, and Galatians to Galatia,, and Corinthians to Corinth yada, yada, yada. LOL! None of it applies to us because it is not addressed to us personally. (I speak as a fool) LOL! :)

Galatians 3:29 "And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise."

I think heir is saying she's not an heir.

Oh well. :rip:

heir

TOL Subscriber
All those who are born of God's Spirit, and have the "hidden manna" in them, and have the Spirit of wisdom also speak the words of God in a mystery, and also understand many of the mysteries of the Kingdom as Jesus said. Mark 4:11 "And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:"

I can speak the word in a mystery as well, being given understanding by God into many of the symbolism, proverbs and parables. Take my OP about the scarlet worm being symbolic of sin for instance, many did not know that mystery, but the Lord revealed that to me by the Spirit. I will be sharing many more mysteries to come in the future, Lord willing of course. But that does not mean people who are without can receive them, or hear what the Spirit is saying in them, only those to whom it is given. :)
What is the mystery of 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory?

heir

TOL Subscriber
And Romans is written to Romans, and Galatians to Galatia,, and Corinthians to Corinth yada, yada, yada. LOL! None of it applies to us because it is not addressed to us personally. (I speak as a fool) LOL! :)
Romans is written to Gentiles by the apostle of the Gentiles (Romans 11:13 KJV) as are all of Paul's epistles.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Galatians 3:29 "And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise."

I think heir is saying she's not an heir.

Oh well. :rip:
We are not heirs like the Galatians in that salvation was sent to them as they were in the covenants of promise (Acts 13:26 KJV, Genesis 12:3 KJV). Rather, we are fellowheirs and of the same Body with them, but were in time past aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV. But now we are made nigh by the blood of Christ (Ephesians 2:13 KJV). For He is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; having abolished in His flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in Himself of twain one new man, so making peace(Ephesians 2:14-15 KJV). So, I will rest in peace! PTL for the mystery of the gospel!

Right Divider

Body part
Again you are arguing against 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Again not my own words, but the words of God. Not seeing your argument, unless you do not believe in what 1John 1:9 is saying????
Like sooooooo many, you do not even know who the WE in that verse refers to. You, like most of churchianity, assume too much and wrongly make a mess of it.