ECT The worm

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
What you don't realize is that all Greeks were Gentiles, but not all Gentiles were Greeks.

Some Greeks were Jews.

Acts 17:17 NASB So he was reasoning in the synagogue with the Jews and the God-fearing Gentiles, and in the market place every day with those who happened to be present.

Right Divider

Body part
"New" revelations mean nothing unless they can be verified by scripture.

Acts 17:11 These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica in that they received the word with all readiness and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.

Paul didn't expect anyone to take his word for it.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things, hold fast what is good.

What is good must be determined by scripture. Don't take Paul's word for it, check the scriptures.

For the Jews baptism was by immersion and this is the manner in which baptism is to be perceived.

Jesus set an example of baptism for those who are followers of Jesus.
You could not possibly be more confused.
  • Paul wrote scripture
  • There are THIRTEEN books in the Bible that PAUL wrote
1Cor 14:37-38 (AKJV/PCE)
(14:37) If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. (14:38) But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant. (14:39).

So you choose to remain ignorant; so be it.

Water baptism was part of the Law. It was required that priests be cleansed. This water baptism was by SPRINKLING and not DUNKING. When blood was involved is lawful ceremonies, it was also sprinkled.
Num 8:5-7 (AKJV/PCE)
(8:5) ¶ And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, (8:6) Take the Levites from among the children of Israel, and cleanse them. (8:7) And thus shalt thou do unto them, to cleanse them: Sprinkle water of purifying upon them, and let them shave all their flesh, and let them wash their clothes, and [so] make themselves clean.

This is ALSO why Peter says:
1Pet 1:2 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:2) Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

It was always sprinkling and not dunking.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Rightly dividing does not mean ripping your bible in half in the middle of the book of Acts and casting aside the rest. Silly :)
Rightly dividing the word of truth means to separate out the gospel that is "the gospel of your salvation" (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) as mentioned in Ephesians 1:13, from other gospels in the Bible or you could be believing the wrong gospel that is not the gospel that is the power of God to save you.

For example, you could think that your gospel is that you need to be water baptized for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38 KJV), sell all that you have (Matthew 19:21 KJV, Acts 2:45 KJV), endure to the end to be saved (Matthew 24:13 KJV) wait for the times of refreshing that shall come from the presence of the Lord (the second coming) that your sins may be blotted out (Acts 3:19-21 KJV). But, that's not your gospel (good news)! It's not the gospel of YOUR salvation, the power of God to save you today!

The gospel that is the power of God to save man today is the gospel of Christ; how that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and was raised again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)! It is the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation that was given by revelation of Jesus Christ to the apostle Paul (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV).

We must also rightly divide the word of truth in Paul's epistles. For example, there was a time that certain Gentiles (called Greeks in a KJB) had ordinances to keep so as not to offend the Jews, but then in Paul's later epistles when writing to the alien gentile (who Paul was a prisoner of Jesus Christ for, people like you and me who in time past were without hope and without God in the world Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV), you can eat anything as the middle wall of partition was broken down between us (Ephesians 2:14-16 KJV). The handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, was taken out of the way, nailed to His cross (Colossians 2:14-16 KJV). This is also why it is that it wasn't until 2 Timothy that Paul wrote to rightly divide the word of truth.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
This is ALSO why Peter says:
1Pet 1:2 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:2) Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Where was the blood of Jesus sprinkled?

Hebrews 9:12 Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.

Jesus' blood was sprinkled in the heavenly Most Holy Place.

Right Divider

Body part
Where was the blood of Jesus sprinkled?

Hebrews 9:12 Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.

Jesus' blood was sprinkled in the heavenly Most Holy Place.
It's really great how you ignore the vast majority of the post so that you can fixate on YOUR opinion.

Get back to the WATER that is SPRINKLED!!!!

Then we can move on to other things.

P.S. Peter is talking about this:
Exod 24:8 (AKJV/PCE)
(24:8) And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled [it] on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which the LORD hath made with you concerning all these words.

Danoh

Rightly dividing the word of truth means to separate out the gospel that is "the gospel of your salvation" (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) as mentioned in Ephesians 1:13, from other gospels in the Bible or you could be believing the wrong gospel that is not the gospel that is the power of God to save you.

For example, you could think that your gospel is that you need to be water baptized for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38 KJV), sell all that you have (Matthew 19:21 KJV, Acts 2:45 KJV), endure to the end to be saved (Matthew 24:13 KJV) wait for the times of refreshing that shall come from the presence of the Lord (the second coming) that your sins may be blotted out (Acts 3:19-21 KJV). But, that's not your gospel (good news)! It's not the gospel of YOUR salvation, the power of God to save you today!

The gospel that is the power of God to save man today is the gospel of Christ; how that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and was raised again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)! It is the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation that was given by revelation of Jesus Christ to the apostle Paul (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV).

We must also rightly divide the word of truth in Paul's epistles. For example, there was a time that certain Gentiles (called Greeks in a KJB) had ordinances to keep so as not to offend the Jews, but then in Paul's later epistles when writing to the alien gentile (who Paul was a prisoner of Jesus Christ for, people like you and me who in time past were without hope and without God in the world Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV), you can eat anything as the middle wall of partition was broken down between us (Ephesians 2:14-16 KJV). The handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, was taken out of the way, nailed to His cross (Colossians 2:14-16 KJV). This is also why it is that it wasn't until 2 Timothy that Paul wrote to rightly divide the word of truth.

You ALMOST 28ers :chuckle:

Right Divider

Body part
The Father's only son is Israel through Abraham. Jesus is one of those sons.

Galatians 3:29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise.

Are you an heir?
Your denial of Christ's divinity is probably one of the main reasons that you reject truth.

John 1:18 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:18) No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared [him].

John 3:16 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:16) ¶ For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:18 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:18) ¶ He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Jesus is the ONLY begotten Son of God.

Isa 43:11 (AKJV/PCE)
(43:11) I, [even] I, [am] the LORD; and beside me [there is] no saviour.

Isa 43:14-15 (AKJV/PCE)
(43:14) ¶ Thus saith the LORD, your redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; For your sake I have sent to Babylon, and have brought down all their nobles, and the Chaldeans, whose cry [is] in the ships. (43:15) I [am] the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King.

Isa 49:26 (AKJV/PCE)
(49:26) And I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine: and all flesh shall know that I the LORD [am] thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.

Isa 60:16 (AKJV/PCE)
(60:16) Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the LORD [am] thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.

Hos 13:4 (AKJV/PCE)
(13:4) Yet I [am] the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for [there is] no saviour beside me.

Ps 89:18 (AKJV/PCE)
(89:18) For the LORD [is] our defence; and the Holy One of Israel [is] our king.

Who is the Savior and the Redeemer and the King of Israel?

Right Divider

Body part
True, Jesus' mom is the only woman the Father caused to become pregnant.
There you go AGAIN.... Don't IGNORE the rest of the POST!

Isa 43:11
(AKJV/PCE)
(43:11) I, [even] I, [am] the LORD; and beside me [there is] no saviour.

Isa 43:14-15 (AKJV/PCE)
(43:14) ¶ Thus saith the LORD, your redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; For your sake I have sent to Babylon, and have brought down all their nobles, and the Chaldeans, whose cry [is] in the ships. (43:15) I [am] the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King.

Isa 49:26 (AKJV/PCE)
(49:26) And I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine: and all flesh shall know that I the LORD [am] thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.

Isa 60:16 (AKJV/PCE)
(60:16) Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the LORD [am] thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.

Hos 13:4 (AKJV/PCE)
(13:4) Yet I [am] the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for [there is] no saviour beside me.

Ps 89:18 (AKJV/PCE)
(89:18) For the LORD [is] our defence; and the Holy One of Israel [is] our king.

Who is the Savior and the Redeemer and the King of Israel?