ECT The worm

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus speaks to save men, to teach them, and guide them moment by moment.

and comfort them.

Do you not hear His voice?

Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

Heb 3:15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

Sherman note.

LA

Those books were pertaining to the House of Israel.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus speaks to save men, to teach them, and guide them moment by moment.

and comfort them.

Do you not hear His voice?

Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

Heb 3:15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

Sherman note.

LA
Has the voice of this spirit you keep hearing tell you to obey a command that is not in written scripture?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Is this hard for you to follow?

1 Corinthians 1:14-16 I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius lest anyone should say that I had baptized in my own name. Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas. Besides, I do not know whether I baptized any other.

Obviously Paul subscribed to water immersion.

Right Divider

Body part
1 Corinthians 1:14-16 I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius lest anyone should say that I had baptized in my own name. Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas. Besides, I do not know whether I baptized any other.

So, ONCE AGAIN, you cannot understand that God gave Paul NEW revelation after that?

Why is Paul thanking God that he ONLY baptized these few people?

Also, where does he say that he dunked them?

Water baptism is part of Israel's priesthood, it has NO place in the body of Christ.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So, ONCE AGAIN, you cannot understand that God gave Paul NEW revelation after that?

Why is Paul thanking God that he ONLY baptized these few people?

Also, where does he say that he dunked them?

Water baptism is part of Israel's priesthood, it has NO place in the body of Christ.
Yeppers.

The 12 were sent to baptize. (Mat 28:19)
Paul was not. (1 Cor 1:17)

Things that differ are not the same.

Last edited:

Danoh

What Paul is relating there is based on an operating principle he is basing what he is saying on.

An operating principle your having failed to see; leads you to arrive at your off-base conclusion. Thus your assertion.

I'll put it this way. Within the world of schools of thought within any field out there, there ever arises the problem that men create out of their need to point back to genealogy as a means of puffing themselves up over others as being the ones who's geneology goes "all the way back to" so and so.

That is the issue Paul is dealing with.

The ever, "not wise" need of men to be "comparing themselves" (as better than) "among themselves."

As a result, were it not "I am of Apollos..I am of Paul..." it'd be "I am of so and so, who was of so and so...who was of Paul," or what have you...

Paul deals with that issue.

But he also relates that he was not sent to baptize; but to preach the gospel - also, that he was sent to - not with wisdom of words; less the Cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

The very wisdom of men in their own fool notions about this and that, that those whom Paul had been addressing there, were basing their foolish focus - on geneology - on.

The result being a rendering of none effect, the power of Cross of Christ to overcome such foolish distinctions between men.

For Christ sent Paul not to baptize; but to preach the gospel of Christ.

The distinction between the unclean and the clean that water baptism had once been one more aspect of Israel's God given rituals for a testimony to the world - back when He had been dealing with those kinds of issues through that nation - said distinction no longer the issue, given what God had sought to prove through such rituals - said distinction no longer being the issue - Paul was not sent to baptize.

A statement the Twelve could never have made as they had been sent to "go ye, therefore...baptizing..." back when the distinction between Israel and the Gentiles - between the clean and the unclean - had still been in force.

But NOW Christ had sent out an Apostle - get this odd, UNprophesied new development - an Apostle of the unclean in the uncircumcision of their flesh - Gentiles!

What did the carnal Corinthians do with it?

As Jews and Gentiles within their ranks?

The same old mess once more.

Because they were carnal in their focus.

So they did what the carnal in their focus do with such things despite their claims of standing in and for the truth.

They took offense at difference; looked down their noses at their own...as not of their own..."not so" they asserted, down their elitist noses "we are of so and so...you are not..."

The same old mess all over again...

This time, though...

This side of the Cross...

Making it of none effect in what really matters - their testimony before the world - due to their one sided duplicity.

Due to their insistence on the very opposite of why Christ sent Paul not to baptize - this side of the "no difference" that such claim, in word only.

Note the very operating principle Paul bases his assertions on, in the above, years earlier.

Note in the following, how that he was already operating from said operating principle, long before he wrote the following...

Galatians 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. 2:12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision. 2:13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation. 2:14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews? 2:15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. 2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.

Dietary restrictions also having once been, an outward means of distinguishing between the clean "in the flesh" (Israel; and therefore nigh unto God) and the unclean "in the flesh" (Gentile; and therefore, far off from, and without God in the world; but through Israel, back when Israel had been His witness).

Deuteronomy 4:5 Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the LORD my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it. 4:6 Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people. 4:7 For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the LORD our God is in all things that we call upon him for? 4:8 And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?

heir

TOL Subscriber
There is no separate gospel of grace. Salvation is from the Father to those he has given to his Son to work with and train.

The kingdom is his family.
The gospel of the kingdom is not the gospel of the grace of God. Why do you constantly try and make them the same when the gospel of the kingdom did NOT even include the elements of the gospel of the grace of God?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

"New" revelations mean nothing unless they can be verified by scripture.

Acts 17:11 These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica in that they received the word with all readiness and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.

Paul didn't expect anyone to take his word for it.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things, hold fast what is good.

What is good must be determined by scripture. Don't take Paul's word for it, check the scriptures.

For the Jews baptism was by immersion and this is the manner in which baptism is to be perceived.

Jesus set an example of baptism for those who are followers of Jesus.

heir

TOL Subscriber
John 1:17
For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
The Lord commanded the lost sheep of the house of Israel (Matthew 15:24 KJV) to keep of the law of Moses (Matthew 23:1-3 KJV). That is not salvation by grace through faith apart from the works of the law that Paul preached (Romans 11:6 KJV, Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV, Titus 3:4-7 KJV)!

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
I hope you guys don't think Paul was crucified for you, or that Paul is now the mediator of the New Testament. :confused:
Christ died for our sins, was buried and was raised again the third day for our justification (Romans 4:25 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). Paul, who could not be forgiven (Matthew 12:31-32 KJV) was the first and a pattern of something never before revealed and suffered for us, and filled up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in his flesh for Christ's body's sake, which is the church.

1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Colossians 1:24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

Colossians 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

Colossians 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Colossians 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Colossians 1:29 Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.