ECT The worm

Right Divider

Body part
I just showed you they preached it after the New Testament was put into force, just as Paul did. If you want to ignore the words of Jesus in the 4 gospels, and all His words spoken through all his other apostles and disciples, then that is your choice. A very bad choice in my opinion, but many were forecast to be deceived by many false teachers, so it is no surprise to me in the least. :)
So what were they preaching as the gospel of the kingdom for 3 years and not knowing ALL THAT TIME that Christ would die?

Danoh

This question is always a good test for how honest someone is:

Luke 18 says clearly they did not even know about the dbr of the LORD.
Yet they preached "the gospel" for 3 years before Luke 18.
How could "the gospel" they preached be this gospel? 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV)

This separates the honest from the dishonest.

Or the improperly informed, from the properly informed.

I doubt all are simply being dishonest.

Danoh

Many do not know Luke 18 is in their Bible. I didn't, for the longest time.
But when shown it, and confronted with it, how do we deal with it? With honesty, or dishonesty?

Things are not always that simple...

Depends on the level of blindness one's notions upon notions have resulted in over time...

Thus, what often appears a refusal can often be nothing more than not enough debris has been removed out of the way.

One just never knows; one can only plant...

And plant...

And plant...

And conclusions that a dishonesty is behind the resistence, while at times that does turn out having been the case, at other times it can turn that no, actually; not enough debris had yet been removed.

We just never know.

Take it from this Mensa candidate, lol

heir

TOL Subscriber
So you see, it is not "Paul's secret mystery gospel", just the gospel of Jesus Christ, Paul confessed the same many times, which I already showed by scripture.
Paul could not even have been forgiven (Matthew 12:31-32 KJV) under the preaching in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John where the "gospel of Jesus Christ" had it's beginning (Mark 1:1 KJV). The "gospel of your salvation" was a mystery at that time. Satan thought he had the victory at the Lord being put to death. If he had known that when Christ would die it was "for our sins", he never would have crucified the Lord of glory (1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV). You need to get your good news right. The gospel that is the power of God today is the preaching of the cross (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV/the gospel of Christ (Romans 1:16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
In Post #60 I gave several scriptural proofs that Paul taught the same gospel of Jesus Christ. But I didn't post every proof in scripture, as I figured those would be enough, but I guess for the hardheaded, even multitudes of scriptural proof will never be "enough". :)
Let's take a look and see if what Peter preached at Pentecost is the same that Paul preached to us in Romans through Philemon. We'll let the scriptures show you if they were the same.

At Pentecost (a Jewish holy day) Peter preached:

Acts 2:38 KJV Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Paul preached:

1 Corinthians 15:3 KJV For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Peter preached that Jesus Christ was raised from the dead to sit on David’s throne:

Acts 2:30 KJV Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Paul preached that Jesus Christ was delivered for our offences and raised again for our justification:

Romans 4:25 KJV Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Peter preached the blotting out of sins at the second coming of the Lord

Acts 3:19-20 KJV Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

Paul writes that we have NOW received the atonement:

Romans 5:11 KJV And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Peter said it was spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began:

Acts 3:21 KJV Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Paul says it was a secret since the world began

Romans 16:25 KJV Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Peter said to Cornelius:

Acts 10:35 KJV But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Paul writes:

Titus 3:5 KJV Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Was that enough for your hard head?

heir

TOL Subscriber
The water baptism is the baptism of repentance that is done by man, the baptism of the Holy Spirit is the One baptism mentioned in scripture that brings us into the body of Christ.
There is not a "baptism of the Holy Spirit" to be found in the scriptures.
H20 baptism does not save, but why would one ignore the instructions of the Lord and leave water baptism undone?
Where were we ever commanded to be water baptized?
Jesus got wet, as it was done to fulfill all righteousness.
That was a one of a kind baptism
I would advise all that come to Christ to be baptized in water as well.
How do all "come to Christ" and why should we be water baptized?

I.S.I.T.

There is not a "baptism of the Holy Spirit" to be found in the scriptures.

Just gotta know where to look....

Matthew 3:11
I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Mark 1:8
I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

Luke 3:16
John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

John 1:33
And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

Acts 1:5
For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

Acts 11:16
Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Just gotta know where to look....

Matthew 3:11
I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Mark 1:8
I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

Luke 3:16
John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

John 1:33
And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
None of those say " baptism of the Holy Ghost". That's a made up Pentecost wannabe term.

heir

TOL Subscriber

Who was the baptizer in the above?

Who was the baptizer in the above?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The one baptism is by one Spirit and I already showed you what it is. The Holy Spirit is the baptizer, not man, not by water, not even by the Lord Jesus Christ.

The Holy Spirit baptizes and he does so through his people. The next step after baptism is to receive the Holy spirit through the laying on of hands.

Have you received the Holy Spirit through the laying on of hands?