ECT The worm

Right Divider

Body part
John 20:1-9 (AKJV/PCE)
(20:1) The first [day] of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre. (20:2) Then she runneth, and cometh to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and saith unto them, They have taken away the Lord out of the sepulchre, and we know not where they have laid him. (20:3) Peter therefore went forth, and that other disciple, and came to the sepulchre. (20:4) So they ran both together: and the other disciple did outrun Peter, and came first to the sepulchre. (20:5) And he stooping down, [and looking in], saw the linen clothes lying; yet went he not in. (20:6) Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie, (20:7) And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself. (20:8) Then went in also that other disciple, which came first to the sepulchre, and he saw, and believed. (20:9) For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.

How were THEY preaching the gospel that INCLUDES the death, burial AND resurrection?

Right Divider

Body part
Is this that baptism?

Acts 19:1-7 And it happened, while Apollos was at Corinth, that Paul, having passed through the upper regions, came to Ephesus. And finding some disciples he said to them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?”

So they said to him, “We have not so much as heard whether there is a Holy Spirit.”

And he said to them, “Into what then were you baptized?”

So they said, “Into John’s baptism.”

Then Paul said, “John indeed baptized with a baptism of repentance, saying to the people that they should believe on Him who would come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.”

When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid hands on them, the Holy Spirit came upon them, and they spoke with tongues and prophesied. Now the men were about twelve in all.
They were NOT "rebaptized".

Read it properly with understanding.....

Acts 19:4-6 (AKJV/PCE)
(19:4) Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. (19:5) When they heard [this], they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. (19:6)
And when Paul had laid [his] hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

What Paul told THEM is in YELLOW. The THEY in verse 5 refers to "the people" that heard John. What THEY with Paul did that day comes after the AND in verse 6. It's really not rocket surgery.

Right Divider

Body part
Someone did.

Acts 10:47 "Can anyone forbid water that these should not be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?"
Where does it say "buried" there?

Why did they receive the Holy Spirit BEFORE they were baptized with water?

In Acts 10 Peter was NOT preaching the gospel of the grace of God. He was preaching the gospel of the kingdom, which INCLUDED water baptism.

It ain't rocket surgery.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Why did they receive the Holy Spirit BEFORE they were baptized with water?

To demonstrate the point that God does not show partiality with regard to his kingdom.

In Christ there is no racism or ethnicity, all are welcome.

Are you in God's kingdom?

Danoh

Why didn't the twelve know the LORD was going to die and rise again?
They had been preaching the "gospel" for 3 years and still did not know.

1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV). This gospel cannot be the one they preached.

Because it was hid from them by their own hand in their failure to simply take Him at His Word.

Instead, they would attempt to "reason among themselves what this should mean..."

Right Divider

Body part
To demonstrate the point that God does not show partiality with regard to his kingdom.
Why did THEY receive the Holy Spirit PRIOR to water baptism when everyone else received it AFTER?

In Christ there is no racism or ethnicity, all are welcome.
In the kingdom of heaven, Israel has priority, but all get blessed (Isaiah 60, Genesis 12:1-3).

Are you in God's kingdom?
Indeed I am, but not in the "thy kingdom come" on the earth. I'm in His body which is seated in heaven with the risen and ascended Lord Jesus Christ (Eph 2:6).

SaulToPaul 2

Because it was hid from them by their own hand in their failure to simply take Him at His Word.

Instead, they would attempt to "reason among themselves what this should mean..."

Luke 18
34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

Did they go deaf, too?

I.S.I.T.

Why didn't the twelve know the LORD was going to die and rise again?
They had been preaching the "gospel" for 3 years and still did not know.

1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV). This gospel cannot be the one they preached.

When was the New Testament put into force and given strength? And when were the apostles empowered from on High to preach it to the world?

Hebrews 9:16-17

16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth."

Acts 1:8-9

8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight."

The death of Jesus was needful to bring it into force,and strength. :)

Danoh

Luke 18
34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

Did they go deaf, too?

Lol; gotta love ya, brother.

I tell ya bro, it was by their own doing. All they had to do was ask Him.

But they tended to go off into the wisdom (focus) of this world.

Luke 9:43 And they were all amazed at the mighty power of God. But while they wondered every one at all things which Jesus did, he said unto his disciples, 9:44 Let these sayings sink down into your ears: for the Son of man shall be delivered into the hands of men. 9:45 But they understood not this saying, and it was hid from them, that they perceived it not: and they feared to ask him of that saying. 9:46 Then there arose a reasoning among them, which of them should be greatest.

See their reasoning of men, at times?

The result?

Matthew 16:6 Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees. 16:7 And they reasoned among themselves, saying, It is because we have taken no bread. 16:8 Which when Jesus perceived, he said unto them, O ye of little faith, why reason ye among yourselves, because ye have brought no bread? 16:9 Do ye not yet understand, neither remember the five loaves of the five thousand, and how many baskets ye took up? 16:10 Neither the seven loaves of the four thousand, and how many baskets ye took up? 16:11 How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees? 16:12 Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Sort of like how when some on here right off erroneously reason within themselves that some of my words at times are because I am upset :chuckle:

Luke 24:15 And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them. 24:16 But their eyes were holden that they should not know him. 24:17 And he said unto them, What manner of communications are these that ye have one to another, as ye walk, and are sad? 24:18 And the one of them, whose name was Cleopas, answering said unto him, Art thou only a stranger in Jerusalem, and hast not known the things which are come to pass there in these days? 24:19 And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people: 24:20 And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death, and have crucified him. 24:21 But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.

24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

See this here...

Luke 18:34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

That is this here...

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

They had their moments of not being spiritual. Which simply refers to not only to relying on the Word over one's own reasoning, but to taking the Word at its Word.

To believing a thing through the Word.

This here...

When in doubt...

Psalms 27:12 Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.

Hang in their by simply taking Him at His Word...

Psalm 27:13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.

The result?

27:14 Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

SaulToPaul 2

When was the New Testament put into force and given strength? And when were the apostles empowered from on High to preach it to the world?

Hebrews 9:16-17

16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth."

Acts 1:8-9

8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight."

The death of Jesus was needful to bring it into force,and strength. :)

They preached the "gospel" for 3 years before Luke 18.
Do you get that?

I.S.I.T.

They preached the "gospel" for 3 years before Luke 18.
Do you get that?
You are living in the time after Christ was crucified, and the New testament was brought into force and preached by the holy apostles and disciples of the Lord. Do you get that? :)

I.S.I.T.

How did they preach 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV) before they knew the LORD would die and rise again?
I just showed you they preached it after the New Testament was put into force, just as Paul did. If you want to ignore the words of Jesus in the 4 gospels, and all His words spoken through all his other apostles and disciples, then that is your choice. A very bad choice in my opinion, but many were forecast to be deceived by many false teachers, so it is no surprise to me in the least. :)

SaulToPaul 2

I just showed you they preached it after the New Testament was put into force, just as Paul did. If you want to ignore the words of Jesus in the 4 gospels, and the His words spoken through all his other apostles and disciples, then that is your choice. A very bad choice in my opinion, but many were forecast to be deceived by many false teachers, so it is no surprise to me in the least. :)

How did they preach it BEFORE they knew it?

They preached the "gospel" for 3 years before they even knew it.

SaulToPaul 2

This question is always a good test for how honest someone is:

Luke 18 says clearly they did not even know about the dbr of the LORD.
Yet they preached "the gospel" for 3 years before Luke 18.
How could "the gospel" they preached be this gospel? 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV)

This separates the honest from the dishonest.