ECT The worm

Right Divider

Body part
There is one Lord and one body, which is the church.
There is also one baptism.... without water.

Paul's letters were to and for the church, the body of Christ in which there are no ethnic differences.
Indeed, after the FALL of Israel... God created a church like that.

To have a relationship with the Father we must become part of the Father's firstborn son through the Father's firstborn Son.
Israel had a relationship with Christ and so does His body church. Why do try to limit what God can do?

I.S.I.T.

THIS witness of God is NOT talking about you....
His 2 witnesses are in me. :)

1 John 5:10 "He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son."

But perhaps you guys don't understand this "mystery". :)

I.S.I.T.

I guess you forgot that the risen ascended Christ (God) met Paul on the road to Damascus and gave Paul new information and a new gospel. It's ok, you're just another dummy -

A new gospel? Rofl. And you are calling others dummies? :)

2 Corinthians 3:6
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

How many "new testament" (singular) did Jesus confirm with and in his apostles and disciples? :)

Right Divider

Body part
His 2 witnesses are in me. :)

1 John 5:10 "He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son."

But perhaps you guys don't understand this "mystery". :)
:banana::dizzy::juggle::dog::deadhorse:

Just another one to add to the lengthy loonie list here on TOL.

Danoh

How is a person buried with Christ without water?

Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

An entire ocean of water could not accomplish that...

The above is a spiritual baptism the Spirit performs in the very moment the person believes that Christ died for their sins.

Ephesians 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved; ) 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

That is an actual identification with him - it is NOT "symbolic."

Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

This actual, spiritual identification into His death unto sin, as well as into His resurrection in newness of life with Him, is what the following is talking about...

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

heir

TOL Subscriber
I don't receive the testimony of men/women, the Testimony of God is greater. :)
vs.

1 Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

heir

TOL Subscriber
A new gospel? Rofl. And you are calling others dummies? :)
Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV, Galatians 1:11-12 KJV).

2 Corinthians 3:6
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

How many "new testament" (singular) did Jesus confirm with and in his apostles and disciples? :)

Paul wrote that we are able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit; for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. It's the ministration of the spirit.

2 Corinthians 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

2 Corinthians 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

2 Corinthians 3:8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

the ministration of righteousness

2 Corinthians 3:9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

2 Corinthians 3:10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.

2 Corinthians 3:11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

It's the righteousness of God WITHOUT THE LAW (which is by faith of Jesus Christ). The Lord while on earth taught the letter (Matthew 23:1-3 KJV) yet here we are in the but now:

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

And where is the righteousness of God revealed? That's right! It's revealed in the gospel of Christ!

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

the gospel of Christ:

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

You haven't once preached the gospel of Christ on this site as the power of God. I guess you are not an "able minister" as you are still in a natural state. Get saved and get on with it!

heir

TOL Subscriber
It was not original with Kennedy, but I have a question. Have you been buried with Christ?
Yes, I am. When I trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) I was baptized by one Spirit into one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV).

It is a baptism (identification) into Christ's death,

Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

It's a Spirit baptism into Christ,

Galatians 3:27 KJV For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

It is the one baptism of Ephesians 4 that we are to endevour to keep.

Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, 2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; 3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

I.S.I.T.

Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV, Galatians 1:11-12 KJV).

Paul wrote that we are able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit; for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. It's the ministration of the spirit.

2 Corinthians 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

2 Corinthians 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

2 Corinthians 3:8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

the ministration of righteousness

2 Corinthians 3:9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

2 Corinthians 3:10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.

2 Corinthians 3:11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

It's the righteousness of God WITHOUT THE LAW (which is by faith of Jesus Christ). The Lord while on earth taught the letter (Matthew 23:1-3 KJV) yet here we are in the but now:

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

And where is the righteousness of God revealed? That's right! It's revealed in the gospel of Christ!

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

the gospel of Christ:

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

You haven't once preached the gospel of Christ on this site as the power of God. I guess you are not an "able minister" as you are still in a natural state. Get saved and get on with it!

Funny, I have been telling you all along it was the gospel of Jesus Christ that Paul and the other apostles and disciples preached, even provided scripture to confirm it, but you guys think Paul was preaching a different "New Testament" (not testaments plural) which they all received from Jesus Christ. So you see, it is not "Paul's secret mystery gospel", just the gospel of Jesus Christ, Paul confessed the same many times, which I already showed by scripture.

You guys really crack me! LOL :)

Right Divider

Body part
How is a person buried with Christ without water?
Nobody gets buried in water.

These are called "figures of speech". You really should learn about them. Our languages make extensive use of them.

Without understand these, it's no wonder people make such a mess of trying to understand the Bible.

The "burial" takes please when we identify ourselves with HIS death, burial and resurrection.

I.S.I.T.

:chuckle:
In Post #60 I gave several scriptural proofs that Paul taught the same gospel of Jesus Christ. But I didn't post every proof in scripture, as I figured those would be enough, but I guess for the hardheaded, even multitudes of scriptural proof will never be "enough". :)

SaulToPaul 2

In Post #60 I gave several scriptural proofs that Paul taught the same gospel of Jesus Christ. But I didn't post every proof in scripture, as I figured those would be enough, but I guess for the hardheaded, even multitudes of scriptural proof will never be "enough". :)

Why didn't the twelve know the LORD was going to die and rise again?
They had been preaching the "gospel" for 3 years and still did not know.

1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV). This gospel cannot be the one they preached.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
It is the one baptism of Ephesians 4 that we are to endevour to keep.

Is this that baptism?

Acts 19:1-7 And it happened, while Apollos was at Corinth, that Paul, having passed through the upper regions, came to Ephesus. And finding some disciples he said to them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?”

So they said to him, “We have not so much as heard whether there is a Holy Spirit.”

And he said to them, “Into what then were you baptized?”

So they said, “Into John’s baptism.”

Then Paul said, “John indeed baptized with a baptism of repentance, saying to the people that they should believe on Him who would come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.”

When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid hands on them, the Holy Spirit came upon them, and they spoke with tongues and prophesied. Now the men were about twelve in all.