ECT The worm

I.S.I.T.

:chuckle:

Read through the law

1 Timothy 1:9
Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

Galatians 5:22-23

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
What difference does that make? It is the gospel that was to be preached in all the world to every one, not just a gospel, or a different gospel, but "the gospel". Also notice what Jesus said about those who do not believe "the gospel"= the gospel of Jesus Christ.

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel[/B] to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Sounds pretty important to believe "the gospel" of Jesus Christ don't it? :)

Yup.

Matthew 7

24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

28And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:

29For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

I.S.I.T.

You are getting ahead.
ISIT needs to admit he's a sinner before he can trust the LORD.

I do trust in God, that's why I am no longer a sinner,...past tense sinner, present day saint. :)

1 Corinthians 6:9-11

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I am sealed by the Holy Spirit and saved by grace through faith, and yes I know the words of God frontwards and backwards. But the difference between your MAD group and me is I do not ignore other parts of scripture, especially Jesus'own words
You don't DO any of it, nor were you commanded to as the Lord was not even sent to us at that time (Matthew 15:24 KJV) nor were the 12 (Matthew 10:5-6 KJV).

Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Luke 18:22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

They must lose their life to find it, lose it to gain their soul (Matthew 16:24-26 KJV) as they will only become children of God, being of the resurrection (Luke 20:27-36 KJV). IOW, endure to the end to be saved (Mark 13:13 KJV)/overcomers (Revelation 2:10-11 KJV, Revelation 12:10 KJV).

That's not anyone saved by grace through faith in the dispensation of the grace of God!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yes, I have already confessed to believing every word of God, and believing in the gospel of Jesus Christ, which Paul also taught.
"every word of God" is not what Paul writes is the power of God. And can you tell me why you believe the gospel of Jesus Christ is the gospel of your salvation when the Lord hadn't even died at the preaching of "the gospel of Jesus Christ" (Mark 1:1 KJV)?

heir

TOL Subscriber
So if you do not believe I am saved by faith in Jesus Christ by everything I have already confessed to numerous times now then it is no skin off my back. My salvation is not based on what you think of me, so I find the constant line of questioning rather odd and even a bit like the inquisitions of old. :)

You said you were saved by grace through faith and now you are showing that you believe you have to DO some things. Which is it as grace is no more of works?

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

heir

TOL Subscriber
What difference does that make? It is the gospel that was to be preached in all the world to every one, not just a gospel, or a different gospel, but "the gospel". Also notice what Jesus said about those who do not believe "the gospel"= the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Mark 16:15-16

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel[/B] to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Sounds pretty important to believe "the gospel" of Jesus Christ don't it? :)
That's not the gospel of your salvation. That gospel told them and will tell them (future) to do something. Whereas the gospel of our salvation is what Christ did for us!

Their salvation was dependent upon them doing something by faith (James 2:18 KJV):

Repent, and believe the gospel (Mark 1:4 KJV) by baptism of repentance for the remission of sins (Mark 1:4 KJV, Mark 16:16 KJV, Acts 2:38 KJV), keep the commandments (John 14:15 KJV, Matthew 23:2-3 KJV, John 15:5-10 KJV), endure to the end to be saved (Matthew 10:22 KJV), go through the trial of their faith (1 Peter 1:7 KJV), receiving the end of their faith, even the salvation of their souls (1 Peter 1:9 KJV). That salvation is of the grace that "should" come unto them (Acts 15:11 KJV, 1 Peter 1:10 KJV). They look forward that their sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord (which is at what many refer to as the second coming of the Lord (Acts 3:19-21 KJV).

That is not the righteousness of God without the law by the faith of Jesus Christ that is unto all and upon all them that believe in the but now (Romans 3:21-22 KJV). To be saved today is to trust the Lord believing the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) which is where the righteousness of God is revealed (Romans 1:16-17 KJV). Those who have trusted the Lord today having believed the gospel of Christ "are saved" presently (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:2 KJV,Ephesians 2:5 KJV, Ephesians 2:8 KJV). We get saved not by works of righteousness which we have done (Romans 4:4-5 KJV, Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV, Titus 3:4-7 KJV). We are baptized BY one Spirit into one Body (not by water for the remission of sins 1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV). We have now received the atonement (Romans 5:11 KJV).

Things that are different are not the same!

Danoh

I never really encountered it much until I came here, seems to be a lot of you MAD people here. I believe someone earlier thought it should be called a cult, what is the difference between a cult and a sect?

Depends on where one is looking at a thing from.

And that often differs with where one only thinks one is looking at a thing from.

What is MAD?

For that matter - which MAD?

For as within all the other Major schools of thought within The Faith – the Reformed; Historicist; Preterist; Futurist; and Dispensational – each are now comprised of various sub-schools of thought within their Major school – each holding to different; key understandings in some areas.

And then there are various individuals who hold to all sorts of understandings they each arrive at on their own; whether sound or not.

As for the where the actual definition of “a cult” is within any of all that?

Again, it depends on where one is actually looking at things from; in contrast where one only thinks one is looking at things from.

Truth be told, when one looks at the marks of a cult both through assertions and behavior, one sees a bit of a different picture, than one is able to when looking for “a cult” in accordance to some ready-made, looked up in a dictionary definition.

What one finds, is either individuals, and or cliques of individuals within any of the above Major schools and sub-schools, who are “cult-like” - not only in their assertions to (more like against), but also in their behavior against, anyone they conclude is not on their same page of “right.”

Some are lone individuals.

Others end up a part of a club, or clique.

Just as in every area of life from as far back as pre-school; into kindergarten; throughout elementary; junior and high school, college, the work place; and so on.

Every Major school and its’ various sub-schools encounter such individuals and or clubs within their ranks.

Some end up their leaders; some their enablers, and the rest; their followers.

And there is no pointing out to such their error.

To do so is to behold their duplicity reveal itself once more, as they conclude one their enemy.

We all read of all this throughout the Scripture.

The exception being that the “cult like” individual, unable to see a description of his one-sided duplicity - due to his well-entrenched one-sided duplicity - is only able to conclude he or she is not who said passages is describing.

Matthew 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. 23:28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity. 23:29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, 23:30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. 23:31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. 23:32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

1 Corinthians 11:17 Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse. 11:18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it. 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

The folllowing still applies to this very day...

Galatians 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 5:15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Their continued failure, the obvious, but to such and or their clique's cult-like duplicity...

Galatians 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

For that is the real problem such a "cultist" is entrenched in - good ol 1st Century legalism.

All schools of thought have some within their ranks; Baptist; MAD; Pentecostal; you name the school.

Individuals; cliques; leaders; enablers; and their followers...

heir

TOL Subscriber
Ask not what Christ can do for you, ask what you can do for Christ.
:doh: Borrowing and changing a quote from Kennedy is not salvation nor is it the gospel of our salvation. Our salvation is not what Christ can do for us, but why Christ died for us. Our salvation is not asking for anything, but trusting Him believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV as the means by which we are saved/the power of God (Romans 1:16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
Sure it is, Jesus said so....Mark 16:15-16 ....it's called the gospel of Jesus Christ, learn of it. :)
There is more than one gospel in the Bible and that's not it. You need to trust the Lord believing the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) and then study to shew thyself approved unto God rightly dividing it (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV). I'd be more than happy to show you how.

Danoh

Ask not what Christ can do for you, ask what you can do for Christ.

Yep. And as Paul might have said "...this witness is true..."

And boy what the answer to such a question turned out to be!

Acts 9:6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Hi and you then believe , you have to be BAPTIZED as Mark 16:16, is that not right ?

dan p
Yep. Out one side of his mouth he says that he is saved by grace through faith (although he believes he can lose it) and then out the other side of his mouth, he believes baptism saves him (not to mention keeping the commandments). He's trying to enter the kingdom of heaven, but it's not the offer by the cross to us.