The Saving results of the Death of Christ !

Right Divider

Body part
Here's a place where they are wrong:
"Paul spends his whole ministry making all men see the fellowship of this mystery, and doesn’t give a single instruction about water baptism."

Paul instructed the Philippian jailer to be baptized.
Please quote the Bible and show were Paul "instructed water baptism". He did not.

This is a classic case of confirmation bias.

Acts 16:31-34 (AKJV/PCE)
(16:31) And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. (16:32) And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house. (16:33) And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed [their] stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway. (16:34) And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house.

Note what you cannot find in this passage:
  1. A command to be water baptized.
  2. A water baptism at all.
I seems far more likely that this was the Spirit baptism of 1 Cor 12:13

Note that Paul's instruction on how to "be saved" is simple and does not include a "water baptism command". Here it is:
(16:31) And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Hoping

Banned
Here's a place where they are wrong:
"Paul spends his whole ministry making all men see the fellowship of this mystery, and doesn’t give a single instruction about water baptism."

Paul instructed the Philippian jailer to be baptized.
All of Rom 6 is about water baptism too.
Besides, why go over something each and every one of them heard by word of mouth on the first day of their incorporation into Christ...by water baptism.
"For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ." (Gal 3:27)

Hoping

Banned
Please quote the Bible and show were Paul "instructed water baptism". He did not.

(16:31) And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. (16:32) And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house. (16:33) And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed [their] stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway. (16:34) And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house.

Note that Paul's instruction on how to "be saved" is simple and does not include a "water baptism command". Here it is:
(16:31) And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Why did Paul not mention that "they glorified God and spoke in tongues" like he mentions in Acts 19 with the twelve at Ephesus if it was "Spirit baptism"?

Hoping

Banned
A question that Hoping PROBABLY will not answer.....

What is the difference between the Kingdom of Israel and the Body of Christ?
The kingdom of Israel is a nation on a map, primarily the descendants of Israel/Jacob..

The body of Christ is the church and everybody in it. (Eph 3:6)
It is Christ Himself. (1 Cor 12:27)

Right Divider

Body part
Why did Paul not mention that "they glorified God and spoke in tongues" like he mentions in Acts 19 with the twelve at Ephesus if it was "Spirit baptism"?
You are showing extreme confirmation bias. Learn that Paul says that we in the body of Christ have ONE baptism... ONE is not more than ONE.

Here is the ONE baptism:

1Cor 12:13 (AKJV/PCE)
(12:13) For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether [we be] Jews or Gentiles, whether [we be] bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Right Divider

Body part
God showed that the worst kind of person can be converted and used by Him, in spite of Paul's sordid past persecuting the new church. (1 Cor 15:9)
Paul was the forerunner of all of us losers.
Indeed, Paul was the first member of the body of Christ per 1 Tim 1:16.
If that is true (which it is) then what about those that came before? Like Peter?

Right Divider

Body part
The kingdom of Israel is a nation on a map, primarily the descendants of Israel/Jacob..

The body of Christ is the church and everybody in it. (Eph 3:6)
It is Christ Himself. (1 Cor 12:27)
Yes, those are TWO different things. If you could rightly divide, you might start to understand this difference.

Hoping

Banned
You are showing extreme confirmation bias. Learn that Paul says that we in the body of Christ have ONE baptism... ONE is not more than ONE.

Here is the ONE baptism:

(12:13) For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether [we be] Jews or Gentiles, whether [we be] bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
That is indeed the "one" given by God to the truly repentant. (Acts 2:38)
Peter calls it "the gift of the Holy Ghost".

Right Divider

Body part
All of Rom 6 is about water baptism too.
FALSE. You are now lying and that is a sin.
Besides, why go over something each and every one of them heard by word of mouth on the first day of their incorporation into Christ...by water baptism.
"For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ." (Gal 3:27)
Being "baptized into Christ" is DRY. Here it is AGAIN:

Right Divider

Body part
That is indeed the "one" given by God to the truly repentant. (Acts 2:38)
Peter calls it "the gift of the Holy Ghost".
Acts 2 has nothing to do with the body of Christ. The body of Christ began with the calling of Paul.

Peter was preaching to ISRAEL in Acts 2.

Acts 2:22 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:22) Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

Hoping

Banned
Indeed, Paul was the first member of the body of Christ per 1 Tim 1:16.
Paul was the first of a pattern.
The pattern being "worst" to "first".
If that is true (which it is) then what about those that came before? Like Peter?
They weren't "bad enough" to impress the worst that they too could be converted.
A man didn't have to follow Jesus around for three years in order to have their past sins forgiven.
There is no "too evil to be converted" in Christianity.

Right Divider

Body part
Paul was the first of a pattern.
The pattern being "worst" to "first".
Yes, Paul is the FIRST member of the BODY OF CHRIST.
They weren't "bad enough" to impress the worst that they too could be converted.
A man didn't have to follow Jesus around for three years in order to have their past sins forgiven.
There is no "too evil to be converted" in Christianity.
What confused nonsense.

Peter and the eleven were to and for the nation of Israel. Christ's earthly ministry was to and for the nation of Israel.

Rom 15:8 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:8) Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises [made] unto the fathers:

God made a change after Israel rejected their King. God introduced a new plan that He had hidden since the world began.

Rom 16:25 (AKJV/PCE)
(16:25) Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

You need to get with God's program.

Hoping

Banned
FALSE. You are now lying and that is a sin.
If Rom 6 is about the gift of the Holy Ghost, has it allowed you to live without sin?
"Freed from sin", (Rom 6:7), "freed from sin", (Rom 6:18), "free from sin", (Rom 6:22).
Water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of my past sins has allowed me to be free from sinning.
Thanks be to God.
Being "baptized into Christ" is DRY. Here it is AGAIN:
That verse read with 1 Cor 6:11 in mind completes the "picture".
"And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God." (1 Cor 6:11)
Everything done "in the name of the Lord Jesus": just as Peter admonished for Acts 2:38's water baptism..."AND by the Spirit of our God".
The Spirit, the blood, and water "agree in one", as per 1 John 5:8.

Hoping

Banned
Yes, Paul is the FIRST member of the BODY OF CHRIST.
I think Jesus was the first member of "the body of Jesus".
What confused nonsense.
Pray that your confusion ends, as God answers the prayers of the pure.
Peter and the eleven were to and for the nation of Israel. Christ's earthly ministry was to and for the nation of Israel.
Didn't all the apostles die in Gentile lands?
Were they just looking for synagogues to preach in while they were killed in India, Libya, Rome, and elsewhere?
Peter was definitely in Samaria with John, and at Antioch.
You make it sound like they never left town.
Rom 15:8 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:8) Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises [made] unto the fathers:
Yep, Jesus didn't teach after He went back to heaven.
God made a change after Israel rejected their King. God introduced a new plan that He had hidden since the world began.
Rom 16:25 (AKJV/PCE)
(16:25) Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
You need to get with God's program.
After Peter's dealings with Cornelius, all the apostles knew the Gentiles were part of their ministry.

Right Divider

Body part
If Rom 6 is about the gift of the Holy Ghost, has it allowed you to live without sin?
"Freed from sin", (Rom 6:7), "freed from sin", (Rom 6:18), "free from sin", (Rom 6:22).
Water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of my past sins has allowed me to be free from sinning.
Thanks be to God.
Lying is a sin and you continue to do that.
There is no water in Romans 6. You see it there because of your false doctrines.

Hint: Free from sin does NOT means completely sinless. Only Christ is completely sinless.
That verse read with 1 Cor 6:11 in mind completes the "picture".
"And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God." (1 Cor 6:11)
This "washing" is symbolic and does NOT include any water. You have water on the brain.
Everything done "in the name of the Lord Jesus": just as Peter admonished for Acts 2:38's water baptism..."AND by the Spirit of our God".
The Spirit, the blood, and water "agree in one", as per 1 John 5:8.
Peter is not your apostle, Paul is. You are Hopeless.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
That simply shows how totally confused you are.
Pray that your confusion ends, as God answers the prayers of the pure.
Continuing with your false doctrines.
Didn't all the apostles die in Gentile lands?
That is irrelevant. There were Jews scattered into all nations.
Were they just looking for synagogues to preach in while they were killed in India, Libya, Rome, and elsewhere?
I take it that you are going to questionable texts for these ideas. Stick with the Bible.
Peter was definitely in Samaria with John, and at Antioch.
So what? They were still of the TWELVE apostles that will sit on TWELVE thrones judging the TWELVE tribes of Israel.
You make it sound like they never left town.
No, I don't. You read into things what you want.
Yep, Jesus didn't teach after He went back to heaven.
Jesus returned to call the apostle Paul. Jesus gave Paul a abundance of revelation (i.e., new info).
After Peter's dealings with Cornelius, all the apostles knew the Gentiles were part of their ministry.
Not in the SAME way. Peter did NOT preach the gospel of the grace of God to Cornelius. He preached the gospel of the kingdom.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Paul never calls the body of believers "the body of Jesus". The only times that "the body of Jesus" is used refers to His literal physical body.

Paul tries to teach you not to know Christ "after the flesh", but you don't listen.

2Cor 5:16 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:16) Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we [him] no more.

Last edited:

Derf

Do you think the jailer just asked to be baptized, or did Paul instruct him in It? It was obviously a water baptism, because he had just finished washing their stripes.
Nor can you show that it was anything other than water baptism.

I agree it isn't necessary for salvation, but that shows that it was indeed just a water baptism, else it WOULD be necessary for salvation, as being baptized in the Spirit is exactly what you said is required. You've proven yourself wrong, my friend.

Derf

Here is the ONE baptism:

Which is an obvious reference to something they had partaken in physically, which symbolized the spiritual.