The New Testament is Jewish

clefty

Invalid question. Don't know what you talking about!

It was promised that through Eve and her Seed restoration would come...through her line of descendants a heel would come to crush the head of the accuser...

Much had to occur before that crushing occurred to prove a complete need for divine intervention and yet to be fully tempted even as we are that heel had to be of flesh just as we are...if it were purely divine and only using Eve's line as a surrogate carrier that fully Divine heel could not represent us nor justifiably advocate for us...that Seed had to be of us...of Eve's descendants...thankfully additional covenants do NOT destroy the previous one...what was promised to Adam remains...

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
and they still wait for Him...well some do...some Zionist type feel they as a collective tribe are the messiah... is exactly what got poor Stephen stoned because they rejected the cornerstone...He actually became a stumbling block

what should have been you mean but even He mourned for them as they killed their own prophets and such...

Again... Moses was not a Jew...and the majority of Jews to not consider the NT theirs...please read about poor Stephen as to why not...

And oh yeah...remember how the Almighty One keeps repeating "My Word" and others claim all scripture was from Him?

Why you make them liars too with this "scripture is Jewish" nonsense...

I don't know how to help you with the things you are saying. Moses was of Levi.

As for the early church being entirely Jewish in its conception, we also have this.

Acts 1:5 NASB - for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now."

Acts 1:8 NASB - but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth."

Acts 2:4 NASB - And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit was giving them utterance.

Acts 2:17 NASB - 'AND IT SHALL BE IN THE LAST DAYS,' God says,'THAT I WILL POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT ON ALL MANKIND;AND YOUR SONS AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY,AND YOUR YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS,AND YOUR OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS;

Acts 2:18 NASB - EVEN ON MY BONDSLAVES, BOTH MEN AND WOMEN,I WILL IN THOSE DAYS POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT And they shall prophesy.

Acts 2:33 NASB - "Therefore having been exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He has poured forth this which you both see and hear.

Acts 2:38 NASB - Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 4:8 NASB - Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, "Rulers and elders of the people,

Acts 4:25 NASB - who by the Holy Spirit, through the mouth of our father David Your servant, said,'WHY DID THE GENTILES RAGE,AND THE PEOPLES DEVISE FUTILE THINGS?

Acts 4:31 NASB - And when they had prayed, the place where they had gathered together was shaken, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak the word of God with boldness.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I don't understand that question. The point is, Jesus was not a natural born jew. Joseph wasn't his father, and He's not from the egg of Mary. Are you going to tell me who fertilized Mary's ovary?
Read the genealogy in Matthew and in Luke. Jesus (Yeshua) was of the tribe of Judah, a descendant of David.

beloved57

Read the genealogy in Matthew and in Luke. Jesus (Yeshua) was of the tribe of Judah, a descendant of David.

I have read that before. Jesus is not the natural biological Son of Joseph, nor is He out from the natural biological egg of Mary !

Lilstu

I don't understand that question. The point is, Jesus was not a natural born jew. Joseph wasn't his father, and He's not from the egg of Mary. Are you going to tell me who fertilized Mary's ovary?

If you are correct, how could Jesus be a descendant of King David according to the flesh?

Lilstu

Jesus Christ did not have a natural father, Joseph wasn't his father, he never touched her, Jesus was born of a virgin. He was not a product of Mary's egg. He was put in her by the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ did come in the flesh. Adam was flesh and blood, did he have a natural mother and father ?

If God is the father of Jesus then Jesus is not a descendant of David, from the tribe of Judah. Therefore Jesus cannot be the Christ.

Israel was a patrilinear society. The lineage of a son was reckoned by the genealogy of his father.
Numbers 1:2
Take ye the sum of all the congregation of the children of Israel, after their families, by the house of their fathers, with the number of their names, every male by their polls;

clefty

I don't know how to help you with the things you are saying. Moses was of Levi.

Bingo! Not from Judah...hence it would be more appropriate to say the Torah is Levitical...we aren't really even sure who wrote Joshua Judges Ruth the Samuels Kings or Job etc...

But to claim it all as Jewish is also leaving out the main inspiration and contributor...or do you claim the Almighty One is of Judah too...

It would be akin to saying Noah Webster wrote the dictionary or the English language itself or that English was an American language.

As for the early church being entirely Jewish in its conception, we also have this.
I have no problem claiming the early church being entirely Jewish but only until Jews could run those idolators and blasphemers out...there was a reason they hid from the Jews...

Acts 1:5 NASB - for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now."
yes and look what they did to him for telling the truth...

Acts 1:8 NASB - but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth."
and largely rejected and persecuted by the Jews...those that believed were cut off as idolators and blasphemers...

Acts 2:4 NASB - And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit was giving them utterance.

Acts 2:17 NASB - 'AND IT SHALL BE IN THE LAST DAYS,' God says,'THAT I WILL POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT ON ALL MANKIND;AND YOUR SONS AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY,AND YOUR YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS,AND YOUR OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS;

Acts 2:18 NASB - EVEN ON MY BONDSLAVES, BOTH MEN AND WOMEN,I WILL IN THOSE DAYS POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT And they shall prophesy.

Acts 2:33 NASB - "Therefore having been exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He has poured forth this which you both see and hear.

Acts 2:38 NASB - Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 4:8 NASB - Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, "Rulers and elders of the people,

Acts 4:25 NASB - who by the Holy Spirit, through the mouth of our father David Your servant, said,'WHY DID THE GENTILES RAGE,AND THE PEOPLES DEVISE FUTILE THINGS?

Acts 4:31 NASB - And when they had prayed, the place where they had gathered together was shaken, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak the word of God with boldness.

Yes ok...again the early church was of the tribe but that is exactly why they were so persecuted...if they were merely Gentiles they would just be left alone or asked to leave but the fact that they attempted to believe the messiah HAD come and Risen from the dead AND continue on as Jews was too much for Jews and the believers were cut off from the tribe...despite the fact they continued to practice and act and live as Jews...gradually all that was changed and became much more pagan or European to appeal to the masses...

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Bingo! Not from Judah...hence it would be more appropriate to say the Torah is Levitical...we aren't really even sure who wrote Joshua Joshua Ruth the Samuels Kings or Job etc...
The Torah was given to God's people Israel.
But to claim it all as Jewish is also leaving out the main inspiration and contributor...or do you claim the Almighty One is of Judah too...
I don't know what you are saying. Sorry.
It would be akin to saying Noah Webster wrote the English language or English was an American language.
English is the language we speak here in the United States of America.
I have no problem claiming the early church being entirely Jewish but only until Jews could run those idolators and blasphemers out...there was a reason they hid from the Jews...
I don't know what you are saying. Those who obey God are not idolaters or blasphemers.
yes and look what they did to him for telling the truth...
I don't know what you are saying. I posted scriptures about the Holy Spirit and the early believers. That is, the early church in its conception was entirely Jewish. They were of Israel.
and largely rejected and persecuted by the Jews...those that believed were cut off as idolators and blasphemers...
The early believers were Jews, (being) of Israel.

clefty

The Torah was given to God's people Israel.
well that's a step away from "scripture is Jewish"...a huge step...and just because something is given to them does not exactly make it theirs...sabbath was made for man but also for animals and certainly we don't claim it is man's sabbath or that man instituted it...

Take for example Moses' Law...that is what we affectionately call them as if he came up with all those laws on his own...he didn't they are not his laws...

I don't know what you are saying. Sorry.
lol coy is cute... But it is simple...do you think God is Jewish?

English is the language we speak here in the United States of America.
lol...is it? The English would happily disagree...

I don't know what you are saying. Those who obey God are not idolaters or blasphemers.
to the Jews they were
I don't know what you are saying. I posted scriptures about the Holy Spirit and the early believers. That is, the early church in its conception was entirely Jewish. They were of Israel.
and especially spiritual isreal as temporal Israel ran them out...and was later run out itself...the unbelieving Jews are the branches broken off on the ground we Gentiles replaced...but now you want to graft with them too...

The early believers were Jews, (being) of Israel.
actually they died to their flesh and were reborn as something more than Jews...having not only the letter of the Law but also now the Spirit...

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The lineage of a son was reckoned by the genealogy of his father.

Nope, the father determined a son's inheritance. We are heirs of our Father along with Jesus Christ.

Ethnicity was determined by the mother's lineage so Timothy was circumcised to have credibility with Jews. They knew Timothy's father was Gentile.

Lilstu

Nope, the father determined a son's inheritance. We are heirs of our Father along with Jesus Christ.

Ethnicity was determined by the mother's lineage so Timothy was circumcised to have credibility with Jews. They knew Timothy's father was Gentile.

There is a lot of geneaology material in the Bible. Did you ever notice that it contains the father's names and rarely even mentions the mother?

beloved57

Mary wasnt Jesus real Mother, He wasnt from her egg. The scripture says He was out of the Holy Ghost Matt 1:18,20

Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
well that's a step away from "scripture is Jewish"...a huge step...and just because something is given to them does not exactly make it theirs...sabbath was made for man but also for animals and certainly we don't claim it is man's sabbath or that man instituted it...

2 Timothy 3:14-17 NASB - 14 You, however, continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them, 15 and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.
Take for example Moses' Law...that is what we affectionately call them as if he came up with all those laws on his own...he didn't they are not his laws...
The Law of Moses or the Mosaic Law or the Torah is God's Law.

lol coy is cute... But it is simple...do you think God is Jewish?
What is important is what the Bible says.

Romans 3:29 NASB - 29 Or is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also,
lol...is it? The English would happily disagree...
I am not English. I am a United States Citizen.
to the Jews they were
They themselves were Jews.
and especially spiritual isreal as temporal Israel ran them out...and was later run out itself...the unbelieving Jews are the branches broken off on the ground we Gentiles replaced...but now you want to graft with them too...
I don't know what you are talking about. I observe God's Law, the Law of the nation of Israel. We are also to observe the law of the nation in which we live. I am circumcised, and I observe Torah law even here in the United States of America. I have never been to Israel.

I don't know about your thoughts about grafting. Hmm....
actually they died to their flesh and were reborn as something more than Jews...having not only the letter of the Law but also now the Spirit...
No. They were reborn, or rather born a second time (their first birth being their birth into the world of their mother) this time of the Spirit of God, as Jews. Just as Gentiles were born again later, after the Spirit of God was poured out on the Jews. So, it is known that anyone can be born again. If you are born again by the Spirit of God the Spirit of God dwells in you you are saved.

beloved57

Actually the point I am making is that I thought what I was reading here was not in sync with Scripture.

This is in sync. Joseph wasnt Jesus biological father, and He did not come from Mary's egg ! He came from above ! Jn 8:23

And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.