The New Testament is Jewish

Lilstu

lilstu
Says who ?

We have read the Gospel according to Matthew and the Gospel according to Luke.
So we know that Jesus was the offspring of a virgin birth.
But when one reads Paul's writings Paul does not seem to know about a virgin birth.

Galatians 4:4
But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law,

In Galatians Paul is doing his best to give Jesus "a buildup."
Had Paul known that Jesus was born of a virgin, Paul would have certainly used that to give Jesus a proper "build up."
But he just wrote.., born of a woman, signifying Jesus was born like any other human.

Paul doesn't seem to know anything about a virgin birth of Jesus.
Read what Paul says at Romans 1:1-3
Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)

3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

The word "seed" in verse three is "sperma" in Greek. I think you can figure out what Paul is saying.
Paul is saying Jesus had a father who was a male descendant of King David and who impregnated Mary with his "sperma."

clefty

2 Timothy 3:14-17 NASB - 14 You, however, continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them, 15 and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

Yes nice letter between believers but the correspondence between non believers about this new sect who worshipped One resurrected was not as warm and inviting I am sure.

Sadly the believers were run out of the tribe.

What is important is what the Bible says.

Romans 3:29 NASB - 29 Or is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also,
the chosen were under Roman occupation and the last thing they wanted to be reminded of was that they were not special, exclusive, or even saved. Being reminded that these crowding goyim were just as welcome to worship as with them as when they followed them in the desert was throwing salt into the wounds.

I am not English. I am a United States Citizen.
neither was Moses Jewish but yet a citizen of Israel.

They themselves were Jews.
jews divided on something wow...you mean like various sects vying for power and authority...see even Rome thought the new believers were a superstitious Jewish sect because they lived and taught like Jews however the difference was they believed the one God had another God and He died and was risen again...that was new and exciting but everything else was the same as Paul went to synagogue on sabbath and kept the festivals peter even kept kosher...so yes they were still worshipping as Jews but someone new and ultimately too different for the to remain as Jews...further changes came to make them look less Jewish and more European...
I don't know what you are talking about. I observe God's Law, the Law of the nation of Israel. We are also to observe the law of the nation in which we live. I am circumcised, and I observe Torah law even here in the United States of America. I have never been to Israel.
Paul says Gentiles replaced the disbelieving Jews which are no longer attached to the trunk and root

I don't know about your thoughts about grafting.
Paul's illustration not mine

No. They were reborn, or rather born a second time (their first birth being their birth into the world of their mother)
the world of being Jewish ethnic cultural Jews physically cut

this time of the Spirit of God, as Jews.
exactly wrong the second time born or reborn is in Him and there is no Jew or gentile you are spiritual Israel circumcised symbolically in the heart

Just as Gentiles were born again later, after the Spirit of God was poured out on the Jews. So, it is known that anyone can be born again. If you are born again by the Spirit of God the Spirit of God dwells in you you are saved.
yes you believe that God had a Son and He died and was raised...that is why we do the same symbolically

But Jews don't believe that...

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes nice letter between believers but the correspondence between non believers about this new sect who worshipped One resurrected was not as warm and inviting I am sure.
I don't know what you are speaking of. Do you have anything to substantiate your belief? Otherwise discard it.
Sadly the believers were run out of the tribe.
I don't know what you are talking about. I can not say that what you are saying is true.
the chosen were under Roman occupation and the last thing they wanted to be reminded of was that they were not special, exclusive, or even saved.
I don't know where you are getting this idea from. I don't know it from scripture.
Being reminded that these crowding goyim were just as welcome to worship as with them as when they followed them in the desert was throwing salt into the wounds.
Again, I have no clue what you are talking about. I have no idea where you are getting your ideas or why you think they are true.
neither was Moses Jewish but yet a citizen of Israel.
Those who are of Israel are Jewish.
jews divided on something wow...you mean like various sects vying for power and authority...see even Rome thought the new believers were a superstitious Jewish sect because they lived and taught like Jews however the difference was they believed the one God had another God and He died and was risen again...that was new and exciting but everything else was the same as Paul went to synagogue on sabbath and kept the festivals peter even kept kosher...so yes they were still worshipping as Jews but someone new and ultimately too different for the to remain as Jews...further changes came to make them look less Jewish and more European...
I believe you need help with your ideas. They are not true.
Paul says Gentiles replaced the disbelieving Jews which are no longer attached to the trunk and root
No, they were not replaced.
Paul's illustration not mine
Read what Paul wrote again.
the world of being Jewish ethnic cultural Jews physically cut
I don't know what you are saying.
exactly wrong the second time born or reborn is in Him and there is no Jew or gentile you are spiritual Israel circumcised symbolically in the heart
I don't believe there is a spiritual Israel.
yes you believe that God had a Son and He died and was raised...that is why we do the same symbolically

But Jews don't believe that...
You are wrong. Read the scriptures. God entrusted His word to the Jews. This is how you have the scriptures to read.

God has given us His Torah.

Luke 24:44 NASB - 44 Now He said to them, "These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled."

Romans 3:1-2 NASB - 1 Then what advantage has the Jew? Or what is the benefit of circumcision? 2 Great in every respect. First of all, that they were entrusted with the oracles of God.

2 Timothy 3:14-17 NASB - 14 You, however, continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them, 15 and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Lol. Like the folks who worshipped a golden calf?
That is what you are pointing to. Do you remember the story and what God did about it? Do you know the history of God's people, the people of Israel? Do you understand, keep, and observe God's commands? God has forbidden idolatry.

Lilstu

It Gets Really Confusing

It Gets Really Confusing

This is in sync. Joseph wasnt Jesus biological father, and He did not come from Mary's egg ! He came from above ! Jn 8:23

And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

How do you reconcile these verses with your theology?
Acts 2:29-30
Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Do you believe what is written in the Hebrew Scriptures?
At 2Samuel 7:12 God promised David that the Messiah would come from the seed of David's bowels.
And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.

Can there be any doubt that the Messiah had to be a descendant of the Male genealogy of King David?

Acts 13:22-23 NIV) After removing Saul, he made David their king. He testified concerning him: 'I have found David son of Jesse a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do.' {23} "From this man's descendants God has brought to Israel the Savior Jesus, as he promised.

(Rev 22:16 NIV) "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

Romans 1:1-3 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, a called apostle, having been separated to the good news of God --
2 which He announced before through His prophets in holy writings --
3 concerning His Son, (who is come of the seed of David according to the flesh,

Greek word for seed is”Sperma”

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Why do you say these things? I have Christ as my Savior.

Because you're deceived and don't know what the Law or Gospel was and is. One cannot embrace Judaism and be a Christian, especially since it's "Jewish" Gnosticism after Biblical Judaism became extinct.

You're a Kabbalist and Talmudist.

Lilstu

Because you're deceived and don't know what the Law or Gospel was and is. One cannot embrace Judaism and be a Christian, especially since it's "Jewish" Gnosticism after Biblical Judaism became extinct.

What about all these Messianic Jews? They claim to be Jewish and also believers in Jesus.
I visited 2 congregations in New Jersey and I did not perceive anything fraudulent about their beliefs.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

I understand you are attacking me. But I am a Christian and I understand both the Law and the gospel. I converted to Judaism and am of Israel as a Jew, a convert. I am still a United States Citizen. I have never been to Israel. I observe Torah here in the United States. I don't even know what you mean by Jewish Gnosticism. Biblical Judaism maintains the belief that Yeshua is the Messiah, God's Son. This is in agreement with the Scriptures, God's word. Those who are Christians are of the body of Messiah, the body of Christ, the church. We are (of) both Jew and Gentile. Do you know about the new covenant given to the house of Israel and the house of Judah through Yeshua? It is God's law written on hearts and minds. The gospel maintains that we are saved by grace through faith and not of works. Salvation has always been by faith. We are justified by faith and not by the works of the Law. It is my understanding that if you are a believer from among the Gentiles you should know about the essentials you are to observe. See Acts 15 and the letter that was written there. Obedience is not foreign to the gospel. To observe Judaism or convert to Judaism and join with Israel is something you can do voluntarily. It is not forced. If you are of Israel you know of the covenant God made with the nation of Israel at Mount Sinai. God has given us His Torah. The people broke the covenant, and God promised a new covenant. See Jeremiah 31:31-34 NASB.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Romans 1:16-17 NASB - 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "BUT THE RIGHTEOUS man SHALL LIVE BY FAITH."

Lilstu

I understand you are attacking me. But I am a Christian and I understand both the Law and the gospel. I converted to Judaism and am of Israel as a Jew, a convert. I am still a United States Citizen. I have never been to Israel. I observe Torah here in the United States. I don't even know what you mean by Jewish Gnosticism. Biblical Judaism maintains the belief that Yeshua is the Messiah, God's Son. This is in agreement with the Scriptures, God's word. Those who are Christians are of the body of Messiah, the body of Christ, the church. We are (of) both Jew and Gentile. Do you know about the new covenant given to the house of Israel and the house of Judah through Yeshua? It is God's law written on hearts and minds. The gospel maintains that we are saved by grace through faith and not of works. Salvation has always been by faith. We are justified by faith and not by the works of the Law. It is my understanding that if you are a believer from among the Gentiles you should know about the essentials you are to observe. See Acts 15 and the letter that was written there. Obedience is not foreign to the gospel. To observe Judaism or convert to Judaism and join with Israel is something you can do voluntarily. It is not forced. If you are of Israel you know of the covenant God made with the nation of Israel at Mount Sinai. God has given us His Torah. The people broke the covenant, and God promised a new covenant. See Jeremiah 31:31-34 NASB.

I do not see any offense with your religious beliefs.
I visited Israel a few years ago and it was a wonderful experience.
I spent 2 weeks in Israel. I was in Jerusalem and also went up to the Galilee area and also down to the dead sea. I climbed up to the top of Masada

clefty

Those who are of Israel are Jewish.
some of them are but Moses is a Levite...there are still 10 others tribes to name...yours destroyed them by taxing them to worship at the temple causing a civil war and the ultimate downfall of Israel...post Babylon your supremacy ran unchecked
as expected the conspiracy having been found in yours a long time ago...

No, they were not replaced.
wow really?...take it up with Paul who wrote "Branches were broken off so that I (goys) might be grafted in. Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith."

Pity you would rather call Paul a liar and graft to those broken off branches than the trunk and root...

I don't believe there is a spiritual Israel.
already noted...Zionists actually can't believe in it...

and so much for that everlasting life to whosever shall believe in Him...guess He was lying too...apparently its just for Jews...

God entrusted His word to the jews
to all of Israel not just one tribe...and those traveling with them ...but Moses first actually...the Levite...and well Israel failed and how...and was utterly destroyed yet now we have those who are not but claim they are...

And they deny He was God, messiah or risen from the dead...and you grafted on to that

God has given us His Torah.
He also used a donkey...

Last edited:

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I understand you are attacking me.

I'm not attacking you. I'm loving you enough to tell you the truth and expose your deception.

But I am a Christian and I understand both the Law and the gospel.

I can assure you that you don't understand either, else you wouldn't refer to the words of the (Mosaic) covenant as commandments.

I converted to Judaism and am of Israel as a Jew, a convert.

A "Jew" is one inwardly, by circumcision of the heart.

I am still a United States Citizen. I have never been to Israel. I observe Torah here in the United States. I don't even know what you mean by Jewish Gnosticism.

I know you don't. That's the problem. You're deceived in your ignorance.

Biblical Judaism maintains the belief that Yeshua is the Messiah, God's Son.

Biblical Judaism was a very intricate system of orthodoxy and orthopraxy according to covenants. It's impossible for that system to exist now.

This is in agreement with the Scriptures, God's word.

That's not even deep enough to be shallow.

Those who are Christians are of the body of Messiah, the body of Christ, the church.

Yes, but not at all in the context you're applying it.

We are (of) both Jew and Gentile. Do you know about the new covenant given to the house of Israel and the house of Judah through Yeshua? It is God's law written on hearts and minds. The gospel maintains that we are saved by grace through faith and not of works. Salvation has always been by faith. We are justified by faith and not by the works of the Law. It is my understanding that if you are a believer from among the Gentiles you should know about the essentials you are to observe. See Acts 15 and the letter that was written there. Obedience is not foreign to the gospel. To observe Judaism or convert to Judaism and join with Israel is something you can do voluntarily. It is not forced. If you are of Israel you know of the covenant God made with the nation of Israel at Mount Sinai. God has given us His Torah. The people broke the covenant, and God promised a new covenant. See Jeremiah 31:31-34 NASB.

And you are not adhering to the new covenant, and the old is fulfilled in Christ. There is no more handwriting of ordinances. And you can't and won't fulfill them anyway.

You are deceived in your ignorance. I know it won't deter you for me to say that; but I want you to be accountable for it and I no longer am.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
What about all these Messianic Jews? They claim to be Jewish and also believers in Jesus.
I visited 2 congregations in New Jersey and I did not perceive anything fraudulent about their beliefs.

But you're not much of a standard for discerning since you're a Judaizer.