The New Rep System Is A Joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
we don't know how the system tabulates. like i said before, there were times before the reset when my rep went up even though i wasn't on here. can we explain that ? no because the system may be hours behind the keystrokes. does anyone think all rep is in real time ? i dunno -

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Could it be that others were giving Tam rep at the same time that you were?
That is the excuse always used to discredit claims that the system is rigged. No, others were not sending her rep simultaneously with mine.

I exchanged pm's with Knight in the first hours after the reset was done as I noticed the rapid acceleration of some members' rep power. Knight denied that there were any unfair advantages of some members over others. After a few pm's it became quite clear to me that Knight had no interest in finding out what is causing the inequities in the system. At that point I dropped the inquiries.

At this point I just accept the rep system for what it is. It is a tainted, unbalanced, class based hoax. My only option is to think less of TOL.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
That is the excuse always used to discredit claims that the system is rigged. No, others were not sending her rep simultaneously with mine.

I exchanged pm's with Knight in the first hours after the reset was done as I noticed the rapid acceleration of some members' rep power. Knight denied that there were any unfair advantages of some members over others. After a few pm's it became quite clear to me that Knight had no interest in finding out what is causing the inequities in the system. At that point I dropped the inquiries.

At this point I just accept the rep system for what it is. It is a tainted, unbalanced, class based hoax. My only option is to think less of TOL.

Hey, maybe you're attaining that rare and coveted state of Ataraxia. :thumb:

Arthur Brain

Why does it have to be 32, Arthur Brain?????????
And yes, several did rep me at the same time stamp of Eeset's rep.

What would you like me to do, Arthur Brain? Tell folks to stop repping me so you won't throw a hissy and accuse me of being underhanded?
Well, you can forget that, you sniveling wimp.

It wouldn't have to be 32, it was a number that might roughly correlate with how your rep power magically and exponentially increases within the space of a few seconds when any 'regular' user might happen to rep you "simultaneously"...as if 20 of such on occasion ever bloody happens. :rolleyes:

You know fine well that your rep score isn't through regular means but enjoy it all the same. SOOTS REP!

Those little rampages haven't been a secret in yonks and it's just sad to be quite honest.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I was lousy in Math.
We're better now. :noid:

yeah, steko i have repped you at least 10 times the last 4 days. i admit, there are certain users i rep nearly every time i see a recent post. call it bias, but it's my rep to give, it may be a form of loyalty. i appreciate people that appreciate me, it's simple. i rep newer folks and folks other people beat up on too. i spread it around, but i gravitate to certain personalities, like everybody does -

you are funny, unassuming and not overly confrontational. your sense of humor is what i enjoy, plus very good posts of faith and wise choices of scripture - now give me 2 sets of 6 reps

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Why does it have to be 32, Arthur Brain?????????
And yes, several did rep me at the same time stamp of Eeset's rep.

What would you like me to do, Arthur Brain? Tell folks to stop repping me so you won't throw a hissy and accuse me of being underhanded?
Well, you can forget that, you sniveling wimp.

He's not a sniveling wimp, Tam. He knows what he's talking about and you know that he does. It was posted publicly a couple years ago.

RevTestament

For Rev Testament and others - 'SOOTS' stands for 'Secret Order Of The Smack' and is a behind the scenes club with plenty of rep perks at least. It hasn't been 'secret' since Lighthouse made a huge faux pas in linking to it but there we go...

Well I missed that so thanks.
I assume they will be pos repping each other every day for every post possible, etc.
I don't have a tight circle of friends here at TOL cuz LDS Christians are bound to be "loners" here. I've even seen some remove their pos reps when they realized I am LDS....
So it's not always the content that counts. I'm not dumb - I know there are certain people who try to dissuade me from being here.
But I do like the general openness of TOL, and its dedication to letting people hash out the truth. It is probably the best site I have been to for discussion of general religious and Christian principles, so I have stayed. Other forums are too restrictive or dull as a doorknob or both... so I have to hand it to Knight... I generally like his style.

And as a general rule I really don't care too much about rep. My views aren't in the "generally accepted" category so I don't expect to be "popular." I do enjoy my time here tho. And there are some dedicated and bright people here whom I still learn from.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
yeah, steko i have repped you at least 10 times the last 4 days. i admit, there are certain users i rep nearly every time i see a recent post. call it bias, but it's my rep to give, it may be a form of loyalty. i appreciate people that appreciate me, it's simple. i rep newer folks and folks other people beat up on too. i spread it around, but i gravitate to certain personalities, like everybody does -

you are funny, unassuming and not overly confrontational. your sense of humor is what i enjoy, plus very good posts of faith and wise choices of scripture - now give me 2 sets of 6 reps

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Patrick Jane again."

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

At this point I just accept the rep system for what it is. It is a tainted, unbalanced, class based hoax.

PHP:
[U][YELLOW]My only option is to think less of TOL.[/YELLOW][/U]

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

actually i repped her twice around the time of your post - i repped everybody on the thread and Tam twice

Status
Not open for further replies.