The New Rep System Is A Joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevTestament

At least my reps do something now.
Under the old system my reps weren't giving any points..........................................none
for the time being that seems to have changed in a big way.

Arthur Brain

Let's say you have 10 rep points. When you rep someone, it will give a low count (probably 1).
But then 50 people come along and rep you. Let's say they all only had 10 rep points, and could only give you 1 each.
Now you have 60 rep points. And now, when you rep someone, they get 5 rep points instead of 1.
50 more come and rep you, but they now give you more than 1 point because their rep score has also risen. You get 5 from each of them.
Now you have 310 rep points. And now, when you rep someone, they get 8 points. So their score grows, and they come back and rep you, thus giving you more points than they gave you before.

The higher your score is, the more rep points are given to those you rep.
And so on, and so on.

I have roughly 250 points and my rep power varies from two to three points. Will you please quit playing dumb on this and just be honest enough to acknowledge that your rep score couldn't possibly have come about through a fair and even handed use of regular rep? Otherwise I'll quite gladly and bluntly state that you're either no good at maths or being deliberately underhanded.

I'm well aware of the bias here but I had hoped that the rep reset didn't need to have "SOOTS" as a component. Naïve as I am I hoped it would have been an even playing field for regulars and newbs alike.

For Rev Testament and others - 'SOOTS' stands for 'Secret Order Of The Smack' and is a behind the scenes club with plenty of rep perks at least. It hasn't been 'secret' since Lighthouse made a huge faux pas in linking to it but there we go...

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Let's say you have 10 rep points. When you rep someone, it will give a low count (probably 1).
But then 50 people come along and rep you. Let's say they all only had 10 rep points, and could only give you 1 each.
Now you have 60 rep points. And now, when you rep someone, they get 5 rep points instead of 1.
50 more come and rep you, but they now give you more than 1 point because their rep score has also risen. You get 5 from each of them.
Now you have 310 rep points. And now, when you rep someone, they get 8 points. So their score grows, and they come back and rep you, thus giving you more points than they gave you before.

And so on, and so on.

it's like business or reproduction. it escalates and builds off itself i suppose. i know i'm not one of the cool kids yet - :rain:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
oh, yeah right. everybody pick on the leader.
I'll tell why I'm the leader.
Cause I was taking a long nap when the system started over.
I logged in after 6pm and already had a page full of rep. I don't know how many pages, because I couldn't scroll down.

And when I started responding to their reps by repping them, I was behind on passing them out because they had already boosted my rep before I responded.
And while I was waiting to get my next 60 to pass out, they were already repping me again, because they started before I did.

To make a long story short, they have given me more reps than I have given them because they started hours before I did.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
i can say this, i don't seek people to rep, iow, i don't go to old posts just to find people i like and rep them. i am an impulse shopper, i get rep happy and just start handin' 'em out -

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER

And so on, and so on.
I just sent you pos rep. Like magic your rep went from 2548 up to 2605. That is 57 points and my rep is only 166. When I send rep to AB his rep goes up by one or 2 points.

Don't play dumb. Clearly the rep system is rigged to multiply increases for certain members.

RevTestament

oh, yeah right. everybody pick on the leader. easy math if she has 50 good friends and folks that agree (even newer members) with a sway of 3 or even 2 - i have seen my reps today add 3 points to who i rep. so if 50 folks give her just a few reps per day, rep that could be 300 to 500 points per day -

well she did that in a matter of 15 min
must be the Chimney Sweep crew :D

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I just sent you pos rep. Like magic your rep went from 2548 up to 2605. That is 57 points and my rep is only 166. When I send rep to AB his rep goes up by one or 2 points.

Don't play dumb. Clearly the rep system is rigged to multiply increases for certain members.

Could it be that others were giving Tam rep at the same time that you were?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

i repped her and it went up 3. when you repped; 10 others could have repped her then also -

i have repped you several times in 3 or 4 days.prior to the reset also - just sayin' :D

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You are making the assumption that you are the only one that repped me at the time you did.

Arthur Brain

I made straight A's in math.
And I have done nothing underhanded. Nothing.
And I'm a bit disappointed that you think I have.
But you are certainly welcome to your poor opinion of me.

Well okay then, how do you account for the massive discrepancies in rep power if this were actually a level playing field at least in regards to an honest representation of rep, considering that without some "influence" there's no possible way your score could be anywhere near that high?

Or is that just another aspect of TOL bias in play? In which case enjoy your rep.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I made straight A's in math.
And I have done nothing underhanded. Nothing.
And I'm a bit disappointed that you think I have.
But you are certainly welcome to your poor opinion of me.

AB said,
you're either no good at maths or being deliberately underhanded.

wow, somebody is bitter - i was good at spellings, but never good at false accusations -

Tam, i know you're actually overhanded -
?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Uh, ok, there were another 32 users who happened to simultaneously rep you all at once...:rolleyes:
Why does it have to be 32, Arthur Brain?????????
And yes, several did rep me at the same time stamp of Eeset's rep.

What would you like me to do, Arthur Brain? Tell folks to stop repping me so you won't throw a hissy and accuse me of being underhanded?
Well, you can forget that, you sniveling wimp.

Status
Not open for further replies.