The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I was, but apparently it was too hard for you to understand.

The video about the sun below the clouds is EASILY explained by GEOMETRY in the GLOBAL MODEL.

Clearly, geometry is not a strong point for you.

I don't need to be lucky, I'll just stick with the facts.

Give us that geometry then.

We still need observations.

The video with the sun in the clouds are pretty clear to me, and many others.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why not?

I'm just trying to understand your point of view. I'm trying to be civil and give you the benefit of the doubt. I want to have a conversation with you.

Do you think...

A. The clouds are much higher than we think?

Or...

B. The sun is less than 5 miles above the earth?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Did you look at the videos I just posted with the sun in the clouds?

--Dave

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I will reply to your post twice. First, you missed this from one of my previous posts. Your faith in our cosmology forefathers is not exactly Christian.

"According to most scholars, Newton was Arian, not holding to Trinitarianism. 'In Newton's eyes, worshipping Christ as God was idolatry, to him the fundamental sin'."--Wiki

Newton is said to have been anti Trinitarian. That means he denied the deity of Christ. There is nothing in Genesis or any where else in the Bible that presents a Copernican Universe. The globe earth begins with pagan Greeks. Newton, as with his predecessors, was attempting a synthesis of Greek cosmology with Biblical Revelation.

"Newton developed truly heretical ideas. Fascinated by the trinity, he was impassioned by the conflict between the orthodox, led by Athanasius in the fourth century, and the disciples of Arius. Arius believed that God was one, and that the trinity could not be. Newton, according to Richard Westfall, became convinced bit by bit “that a massive fraud had perverted the legacy of the early church.” Newton considered the worship of Christ, in place of God, to be idolatrous. But living in a completely orthodox Cambridge where his own master, Barrow, defended the trinity, Newton did not express his views publicly."--ISAAC NEWTON'S FREEMASONRY The Alchemy of Science and Mysticism

Belief in God is not the same thing as belief in the deity of Christ, Christianity is the latter not the former.

--Dave

I never claimed that Newton was a Christian, although my bet is that he was, even if his doctrine was in error. The point being that he didn't reject the Bible or its worldview as false nor did he consider biblical teaching to be in conflict with the nature of reality. And there certianly is no evidence that he made up his comsmology so as to perpetuate some overtly anti-biblical worldview. Which is a damn good thing for you because you couldn't disprove one single solitary scientific point that Newton ever made. Never mind disprove it, you couldn't offer a single sound argument against it! Not becuase you're stupid or anything like that but because as I am now turning blue in the face repeating, all of Newton's work is recorded very clearly and is readily available for anyone to review, test, replicate and confirm. Had his work been in contradiction to the Bible, he would have succeeded in falsifying it.

Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I have presented, and will continue to present, all the evidence for a flat stationary earth. Which you have not answered.
This is a lie, David. You ought to repent and apologize.

I am the one who, FOR MONTHS, not only responded to virutally every point made in the assinine videos you presented but defended your reputation that was being damaged for having even posted them!

I will go into scripture and see all the evidence for the same.

Let's see where your faith stands.

--Dave

David, you need to stop.
You are tacitly arguing against scripture! The Earth is not flat. If the Bible teaches that it is (which it doesn't) then the Bible is false. The Earth is not going to just magically flatten itself out because you think the Bible teaches that it isn't a sphere.

The conspiracies you see do not and cannot exist and more importantly, as I have personally posted on this very thread, there are several ways that you can personally and empirically verify that the Earth CANNOT be a flat disk. These points have been made and remade over and over again and they are all still right here in this thread for you to read, listen too and apply but for some reason you simply won't do it. For some reason you choose to ignore the clearly presented PROOF that has been laid right before your very eyes. If I believed in such things, I'd say you had a demon or something. You certainly are not acting like the intellectually honest man I've always thought you were and even had admired you for being. I urge you to stop. Just stop and THINK!

Clete

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Sun Sets IN the Clouds

--Dave

Dave can I ask you about this video?

The video reports to show the sun setting into the clouds therefore proving the sun cannot be 93 million miles away. Lets forget for a second about cameras and lenses and posterization and all the things that explain what's happening in the video.

Lets assume the video maker really has captured the sun setting into the clouds.

My question to you then is.... where is the sun setting to? Is the sun changing elevations?? I thought based on the flat earth model the sun was spinning around us at the same elevation parallel to the flat earth. And you have told me several times in great detail how the sun doesn't "set" but merely gets so far away we can't see it.

But now you post a video claiming the sun drops down into the clouds. So I want to know.... where is the sun going when it sets into the clouds? After all, just because the sun sets where I am it's not setting for everyone else. The folks who live to the west of me still see the sun directly over head. The folks west of me see a sun that has NOT set.

Can you explain to me how the sun could set (as in drop in elevation) in a flat earth model?

Last edited:

Derf

I don't create videos for flat earth or NASA. I watch both, and I have watched many, for many hours.

I do far more than anyone see's. You may see a video as fraud where someone else may not. NASA, in my opinion, has presented both authentic and fraudulent video, as have flat earth folk.

A pattern will eventually arise, consistencies and inconsistencies will become evident.

The truth is the earth is flat or it's not, it's a globe or it's not. The mystery exists because we are told one thing while we normally experience the other.

--Dave

A video is either a fraud or not--my opinion and yours notwithstanding. If you are really looking to find truth, then you need to reject videos that are frauds. I've shown at least two examples of fraudulent artwork from you. Whether you made the videos or pictures or not, because you have presented them as evidence for your model, they are your responsibility. If you refuse to acknowledge the frauds that are pointed out to you, then you make a great case for ALL of your evidence to be fraudulent--that's the pattern that is emerging. To gain your credibility back, you need to acknowledge fraud where it exists.

If you really want to offer the flat earth model as a viable model, you need to get rid of the fraudulent presentations and see what's left. Be honest about it. Hiding behind fraudulent evidence is a lie, and as a Christian, you should not be bearing false witness in this matter.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
A video is either a fraud or not--my opinion and yours notwithstanding. If you are really looking to find truth, then you need to reject videos that are frauds. I've shown at least two examples of fraudulent artwork from you. Whether you made the videos or pictures or not, because you have presented them as evidence for your model, they are your responsibility. If you refuse to acknowledge the frauds that are pointed out to you, then you make a great case for ALL of your evidence to be fraudulent--that's the pattern that is emerging. To gain your credibility back, you need to acknowledge fraud where it exists.

If you really want to offer the flat earth model as a viable model, you need to get rid of the fraudulent presentations and see what's left. Be honest about it. Hiding behind fraudulent evidence is a lie, and as a Christian, you should not be bearing false witness in this matter.

Let everyone decide for themselves what they think is a fraud or not.

You make your case and I'll make mine.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave can I ask you about this video?

The video reports to show the sun setting into the clouds therefore proving the sun cannot be 93 million miles away. Lets forget for a second about cameras and lenses and posterization and all the things that explain what's happening in the video.

Lets assume the video maker really has captured the sun setting into the clouds.

My question to you then is.... where is the sun setting to? Is the sun changing elevations?? I thought based on the flat earth model the sun was spinning around us at the same elevation parallel to the flat earth. And you have told me several times in great detail how the sun doesn't "set" but merely gets so far away we can't see it.

But now you post a video claiming the sun drops down into the clouds. So I want to know.... where is the sun going when it sets into the clouds? After all, just because the sun sets where I am it's not setting for everyone else. The folks who live to the west of me still see the sun directly over head. The folks west of me see a sun that has NOT set.

Can you explain to me how the sun could set (as in drop in elevation) in a flat earth model?

I didn't say, nor did the video say, that the sun "dropped down" into the clouds.

We look at these videos and try to determine if they are authentic.

Put down your reasons for why they are fake, if that's what you think

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Previously refuted. All counter arguments ignored.

The video is a good presentation of a flat earth perspective. Counter arguments have been made and it's up to others to decide which arguments make more sense.

--Dave

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I didn't say, nor did the video say, that the sun "dropped down" into the clouds.

We look at these videos and try to determine if they are authentic.

Put down your reasons for why they are fake, if that's what you think

--Dave
Dave I linked to the wrong post of yours. I apologize.

The post I meant to discuss was....

Sun Sets IN the Clouds

--Dave
The narrator states....

"The sun obviously and clearly sets into the clouds."

And also you titled the post... "Sun Sets IN the Clouds"

So what is happening here?

Is the sun dropping in altitude through the clouds? (i.e., setting)

Or are you asserting the clouds are rising up over the sun?

It has to be one or the other.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
The video is a good presentation of a flat earth perspective. Counter arguments have been made and it's up to others to decide which arguments make more sense.

--Dave

Well, there's a comment I can agree with.

But that wasn't my point.

The point was that you've accused me of not answering your arguments. The fact is that I have done so and you have completely ignored the counter-arguments and now repost a refuted video as though no counter argument was ever made at all!

Why are you unwilling to debate the subjects that you bring up?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
What's interesting is that the thumbnail for that video looks remarkably similar to the experiment I described earlier.

The flaw in the FE argument concerning crepuscular rays is revealed if you look at the shadows of clouds from above. The shadows of the clouds fall straight down just as is depicted in the right-hand image in the video thumbnail. The "rays" do not converge any more than railroad tracks converge. It is an optical illusion caused by the distances involved. If the cloud and the shadow it casts are both a mile across but the cloud is much further away from you, then the shadow is going to seem to shrink as it gets further away just as the distance between two rail road rails seem to get closer together as they get further away. The effect is entirely due to perspective.

View attachment 25830

View attachment 25831

And here's the important point. The people who promote these ideas know that what they are saying is B.S. They are intentionally lying and laughing at the fool idiots that take their videos seriously as though crepuscular rays haven't been explained for centuries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.