ECT The core of the argument between Christians and MAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

heir

TOL Subscriber
See the longer post I did explaining this...

Paul went to them in need of their "Right Hands of Communion"...

And he RECEIVED it from them...

That is why God sent him there "by revelation"...

The reasons for Paul going up to Jerusalem:

Paul went up by revelation; meaning he was told to go. He was told to go to "communicate unto them that gospel" (notice it does not say your made up "one gospel", but "that gospel") that he preached among the Gentiles and that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage.

Those "men of reputation" (as they say)/those who "seemed to be somewhat" added nothing to Paul, but contrariwise, Paul added to them for it was THEN when they saw/ it was THEN that they perceived the grace that was given unto Paul and not a moment before!

Believe the KJB!

Galatians 2:1 Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also.

Galatians 2:2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.

Galatians 2:3 But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised:

Galatians 2:4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:

Galatians 2:5 To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.

Galatians 2:6 But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:

Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

Galatians 2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

Galatians 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

Status
Not open for further replies.