ECT The core of the argument between Christians and MAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I think that is factually incorrect... He preached the Gospel and baptized Cornelius and his party after they began speaking in foreign languages...

You cannot show where Peter preached the gospel of Christ to Corne. Give it a go from the text in Acts 10. It's not there.

heir

TOL Subscriber
BINGO! :patrol:
1Ti 1:16 KJV Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.
Amen, amen, amen!
:up:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Absolutely, yes.
:nono:

Information of the Covenants (promises) of God, that center around Messiah, from Genesis to the Incarnation (fulfillment) of Jesus Christ.

IOW's, the content of the O.T. prophecies, all of which were fulfilled by Jesus, and recorded in the gospel accounts.
IOW, anything except the gospel that is the power of God to save them

heir

TOL Subscriber
And he went and conferred with "men of repute" in Jerusalem, lest he had walked in vain, remember?

Galatians 2:6 But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:

And they affirmed from THEIR Gospel, as you call it, the Gospel of Paul, and this because they are the SAME Gospel...
made up

Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

musterion

Yes, but as was mentioned Peter preaching to Cornelius was after the DBR.

Absolutely right. But Peter had not set out to preach Christ's DBR for Cornelius' sins -- that which Paul called "my Gospel."

Peter did not know that message was to become the Gospel for the whole world, Jew and Gentile alike without distinction. Rather, Peter wasn't even done preaching (Acts 10:44) and so hadn't even gotten to (what he thought was) his point yet when the Gentiles suddenly spoke in tongues. He DID reference the DBR as he was getting to his main point, but when the Gentiles heard it, they believed it and that's the exact moment they were saved. That is the only explanation why the believing Jews with Peter, and presumably Peter himself, were astonished (Acts 10:45): they were not expecting it to happen...odd reaction for Spirit-indwelt apostles who presumably preached Paul's Gospel before Paul did, wouldn't you say?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Absolutely right. But Peter had not set out to preach Christ's DBR for Cornelius' sins -- that which Paul called "my Gospel."
Peter did not preach the gospel of Christ

Acts 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Acts 10:36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)

Acts 10:37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;

Acts 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Acts 10:39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:

Acts 10:40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly;

Acts 10:41 Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.

Acts 10:42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.

Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Acts 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

Acts 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

Acts 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

Acts 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

It's not there!

musterion

So, dear sister, what did Cornelius hear and believe that caused him to speak in tongues before Peter even got to the content of his Pentecost sermon, which had to be where he was heading?

(Let's show them that MADs aren't afraid of public discussion among ourselves, unlike Calvinists, Pentecostals, etc).

heir

TOL Subscriber
So, dear sister, what did Cornelius hear and believe that caused him to speak in tongues before Peter even got to the content of his Pentecost sermon, which had to be where he was heading?
For starters Peter preached,

Acts 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

which is contrary to what Paul preached

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Peter preached the gospel of the kingdom:

Acts 10:36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)

Acts 10:37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;

Acts 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Peter delivers the murder indictment, but that God raised Christ up just as he preached in Acts 2 and 3

Acts 10:39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:

Acts 10:40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly;

Acts 10:41 Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.

And it's all about the name (Matthew 16:15-18 KJV, the book of John) and please notice that through His name whosoever believeth on Him shall receive remission of sins. That is consistent with the gospel of the kingdom.

Acts 10:42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.

Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Peter's usual order of business was to deliver a murder indictment and preach a baptism of repentance for the remission of sins and in so doing they shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. (Acts 2:36-38 KJV), but before he could finish his usual, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

Acts 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

Acts 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

They were astonished at what happens because it was out of order, but what does Peter do? He continues to preach what he knows and that's water baptism in the name of the Lord!

Acts 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

Acts 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Corne and his house heard what Peter preached, but there is no gospel of Christ to be believed there!

john w

Hall of Fame
You are pretty brave when facing your keyboard, John...
A genuine bully no less...
But your juvenile blusterings will not help you...

You have yet to establish ANY doctrine of Paul that contradicts ANY doctrine of Peter...

Until you do so, you are shooting blanks in your darkness...

And you CAN'T do so, CAN YOU???

All you can do is get REALLY REALLY MAD???

And this, mind you, when Paul your God actually TELLS YOU to SET ASIDE ALL ANGER...

You DO remember the passage, yes?

You forgot the one about blessing those who revile you, didn't you?

Are you gonna pull a Kerry and tell us all about how you served bravely under fire in Vietnam too?

You are a piece of work, you snarly little bitey Thaaang...

I hope you wiped up after yourself following your little explurgence of hatefulness you vomited forth above...

Really!

A.

Thanks for the continued psycho babble, and emotional blubberings, Maharishi. Put your bong down.

And that "accusation of hate" spam of yours "gets to me" every time, as I'm stunned, every time I see it. TOL has never seen such brilliance before......

Arsenios

Hiya Arsenios :)

Hello, Friend...

While this is not addressed to me, I'd like to say that I am of the opinion that that which is truly within a person comes through more clearly in an anonymous format an online forum provides that would not be so readily seen in 3D life.

That is indeed my worst fear for them...

On the one hand, they are convinced, one with another, enough to create this site as their witness to the Lord, that they have figured out the Truth after all these years, 2000 of them, that no one else got right, and this "truth" of theirs is their treasury, and they love it and guard it... And they are protecting their treasury by attacking personally the persons who approach who do not conform themselves to it... They have demonized the persons of those who hold a differing understanding, and they attack with very little restraint... They remind me of Iron Mike Tyson, the rapist and ex-boxing champion, picking a fight with anyone... He would say anything to get them to fight, including lurid descriptions of conjugal relations with their children, and worse... And all Mike wanted was for someone to give him a good fight... And what he said helped him to get it... Lennox Lewis, of course, gave him "the whipping he so eloquently longed to receive", as the British fighter stated the matter... But for Mike, he just wanted a result, and whatever he said that might help attain it was justified...

Much that is similar happens here... Patrick Jane has been acting as a mediator - And would not have us judge long term posters by their on line words and behavior - Citing a RECORD that is being established here, and urging us to address issues, and not the persons of the long time MAD posters who are attacking people willy nilly and viciously all over the boards here...

But it is this behavior that IS the issue... Because it IS demonic... John W knows it is demonic, and he is its most vicious practitioner... GM is perhaps its most passive aggressive practitioner... But the practice, and its gentle defense at the hands of Patrick Jane, is clearly born of a culture of spiritual violence which pervades and runs and self-justifies on this board... There IS, within it, an ethical line of self rule that has been drawn... I found it with John W, in a rebuke that he was forced to honor, by giving me his blessing... I can't imagine how much it grieved him, and his action of blessing me constituted his confession and apology - He himself never said: "Forgive me, I was wrong to refuse to bless you, and you convicted me with Paul's very words: 'Being reviled, we bless...', so Bless You my brother..." He was not capable of those words, for he does not have the Spirit of those words controlling him... Demons do not do humble very well, but it is the foundation of the Godly... "Be as I am, for I am meek and lowly of soul..." [Christ's words...]

So they commit this violent and personal and spiritual attack on their "enemies" and then have folks like PJ to soften its impact, and still others who man the nets to catch the pieces of the souls of their victims as they fall into outrage, anger and despair, and then seek to "re-educate" them in the true gospel of Paul...

And it is all sick, sick, and sicker...

I PRAY that you are wrong, my Beloved Friend...

Please God, let her be wrong...

Let their evil behaviors on line NOT be who they truly are in their inward parts... And give them repentance from their culture of spiritual violence demonically engendered...

God Bless you.

And you as well...

Arsenios

john w

Hall of Fame
Don't let little Johnny (Brian Williams) W get to you.

Johnny's Exhibit A for what happens to a MADist after years of trying to defend the false teachings of MAD.

"Little Johnny?"

Like "Joan Rivers" Mrs. Craigie? Tell her to lose the dyed hair, and all the plastic surgery.

So there.

Sodomite, fat Craigie weighs in once more, since I hurt his feelings a while back.

And, of course, he spams that Brian Williams stumper, thinking it's so cute, even though fat, wimpy Craigie is unemployed, like Brian Williams.

Hey, sodomite Craigie! Why have you not admitted, that you are unemployed, sponging off your wife, infidel, and a habitual liar? Want to see your own quotes, sweetie?

I thought so. Wimp.

john w

Hall of Fame
THAT Brian Williams I know (about, at least)...

The rest of the haters have johnw at their head...

He has serious demonic anger issues...

I hope he is not old...

Arsenios

Wise words, from the Oprah junkie, Maharishi.

Weighty, old man.

Right Divider

Body part
It doesn't say "the dispensation of the gospel", it says "the dispensation of the grace of God".
Read the WHOLE Bible and you get your answers.

Paul says a dispensation of the gospel was given to him AND he also says that it is the gospel of the grace of God.

Not rocket surgery here.

Keep reading Ephesians 3

(Eph 3:5) which was not made known to the sons of men in other generations as it has now been revealed to his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit.

Notice it doesn't say "it has now been revealed to only Paul...."
WOW. Another real stumper there. It was revealed to Paul FIRST. He didn't KEEP it a SECRET.

It's "the gospel" in most modern translations

(Gal 2:2 NIV) I went in response to a revelation and, meeting privately with those esteemed as leaders, I presented to them the gospel that I preach among the Gentiles. I wanted to be sure I was not running and had not been running my race in vain.
Well the definite article is MISSING here, so it does NOT say THE gospel. But I like your tactic. If it doesn't say what you want, try another translation until you find one that you like.

You guys are so desperate, the only way you can defend your MAD is by using 400 year old English.
So you think that you're a better Hebrew and Greek scholar than the KJB translators?

No, Paul wasn't self centered, he only used the phrase "my gospel" three times in the KJB, which is ONE TIME more than he used the phrase "my Lord" in the KJB.
That's just silly. Go back to the Bible and learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.