The Clock Ticks (Ahmed Mohamed's clock bomb)

Jose Fly

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/irv...med-didnt-have-a-bomb-when-they-arrested-him/

I think these keystone kops just wanted to save face, look tough, and act stupid.

As usual.

They thought he made a fake bomb to scare people. All they had to do was ask around the school a bit and after students and faculty told them "He makes and tinkers with electronic things all the time" and the kid told them "I made it because I like engineering", they could have patted him on the back and encouraged him to follow his passion and go into engineering.

But remember, this is Texas.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Excellent article on this, that makes you :think:

Ahmed Mohamed and the ‘Islamophobia’ Clock

Especially this part:

The New York Daily News reported this Wednesday about Ahmed Mohamed’s father, Mohamed ElHassan Mohamed:

One of the earliest instances of the standout citizen making national news was in 2011, when he sensationally stood up to an anti-Islamic pastor and defended the Koran as its defense attorney. That mock trial at a Florida church ended with the book’s burning, to ElHassan’s claimed shock. In an interview with the Washington Post at the time, the devoted Muslim said he’d take on Rev. Terry Jones’ challenge because the holy book teaches that Muslims should engage in peaceful dialogue with Christians.

Also in 2011, ElHassan debated Robert Spencer on the question of “Does Islam Respect Human Rights?” Clearly, he was trying to score a victory against a famous “Islamophobe” and thus win a name for himself. ElHassan has been looking for publicity and chances to fight against “Islamophobia” for a considerable period. Now he has seized it, going so far as to claim his son was “tortured” by school and law enforcement officials.

He finally has the cause he has been seeking for so long. School officials were being prudent, protecting the children. Irving, Texas has had its share of jihad and sharia. Two Muslim sisters, Amina and Sarah Said, were honor murdered by their father, execution-style, in Irving several years ago. He is still at large. And Irving, Texas is only half an hour from Garland, Texas – the site of a jihad shooting on a free speech event last May. And the news is regularly riddled with stories of young Muslims, all lovely, sweet achievers, who suddenly — go jihad.

This story is pure agitprop most fatal. “If you see something, say something” is now racism. And for destroying this simple principle of self-protection, young Ahmed Mohamed is a media star. Not only has Barack Obama invited him to the White House, but NASA has also invited Ahmed to meet with them, as has Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook. The whole thing has clearly been a setup, and its effect will be to make Americans less safe. If you ever see a Muslim with a suspicious object, remember the lesson of Ahmed Mohamed: to say something would be “racism.” That could end up being the epitaph of America and the free world.

Sitamun

Excellent article on this, that makes you :think:

Ahmed Mohamed and the ‘Islamophobia’ Clock

Especially this part:

Please tell me just how the fact that his father defending his holy book against those who wished (and did) burn it equate to this is being plot to pull the islamophobia card?

Until any actual evidence comes to light, this is just a family proud of their religion, heritage, and ability. Sound pretty American actually doesn't it?

bybee

They thought he made a fake bomb to scare people. All they had to do was ask around the school a bit and after students and faculty told them "He makes and tinkers with electronic things all the time" and the kid told them "I made it because I like engineering", they could have patted him on the back and encouraged him to follow his passion and go into engineering.

But remember, this is Texas.

They could have, but, perhaps there is a Mullah already patting him on the back? Time will tell....

glorydaz

There's nothing in there that looks like a bomb. Nothing. Where are the explosives supposed to be?

I would immediately think "bomb". It doesn't look like anything I've ever seen and I haven't seen a bomb. I do know they have weird stuff and wires.

rexlunae

I would immediately think "bomb". It doesn't look like anything I've ever seen and I haven't seen a bomb. I do know they have weird stuff and wires.

You should pry open a cell phone sometime. But be warned, you might be tempted to turn yourself in for an attempted terrorist hoax. There's circuit boards and wires and "weird stuff" in there.

fool's point was a good one. None of the authorities that dealt with this situation actually thought it was a bomb, as demonstrated by their behavior. They had him arrested for, supposedly, attempting to make people think it was a bomb, despite the fact that he never presented it as a bomb, and no one actually thought it was a bomb.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
this is a false positive
a deliberate plant
to embarrass our heightened suspicions about islam
we have already seen many of these
and
we will see many more
when are we going to really investigate them?
what do we know about the family?
who put him up to this?
wake up
he didn't do this on his own

mohamed elhassen mohamed
is
a long time muslim activist
is the father of the bomb clock boy
it is a deliberate hoax to embarrass us

Selaphiel

mohamed elhassen mohamed
is
a long time muslim activist
is the father of the bomb clock boy
it is a deliberate hoax to embarrass us

A lot of people here are really climbing deep down into the nutjob conspiracy hole when it comes to Muslims and Islam these days.

He is an activist? Is that suddenly some inherently negative thing? Activist for what? What is the problematic thing he has been an activist for?

From what I can see. He has run for president in Sudan twice. A democratic election candidate. Can't say that I see the problem.

He also wanted to defend the Quran from that idiot Terry Jones, defend it on Sufi grounds as well, because he believed that Muslims should enter in peaceful dialogue with Christians.

There is literally NO evidence that this was a ploy for anything. Arresting a child for something you know isn't a bomb is unnecessary and idiotic behavior by the police. If a circuit board and wire constitutes a bomb, then that is a problematic definition. Seems to me that the essential element called explosives is missing. I have a feeling this kid would not have been arrested if he was not a Muslim, so this is probably another case of ethnic profiling.

Chrysostom said:
just google it

Convincing argument.

That is like saying nothing but "Go to the library and you will see that I am right!". Argue your own case.

Chrysostom said:

Likewise. Maybe get some friends that are Muslims instead of relying on hearsay and carricatures from dubious media.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Yup!
But I would rather be safe than sorry when it comes to protecting our children.
If this "Islamic" family were truly people of goodwill they would understand our concerns be gracious about the incident.

Oh give me a break.

They should feel "gracious" about their son being singled out and picked on by meat-headed over reactionary bureaucrats? "Thank you sir may I have another" comes to mind. Let's all be "grateful" and show "goodwill" next time some cops and know-nothings pick on us. They might not even leave us dead!:bow:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Oh give me a break.

They should feel "gracious" about their son being singled out and picked on by meat-headed over reactionary bureaucrats? "Thank you sir may I have another" comes to mind. Let's all be "grateful" and show "goodwill" next time some cops and know-nothings pick on us. They might not even leave us dead!:bow:

sounds like you don't have any children

maybe that is a good thing

bybee

Oh give me a break.

Being gracious is not the same as caving in.
You are such an over reacting jerk when it comes to any topic wherein your strong opinions are challenged.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Being gracious is not the same as caving in.
You are such an over reacting jerk when it comes to any topic wherein your strong opinions are challenged.

The kid brought a clock in to school.

They looked at him, decided he didn't look "normal," and called the cops. Who then proceeded to arrest him even though they admitted they knew he didn't have a bomb.

The bureaucrats involved in this debacle were trying to save face rather than do the right thing.

I thought a lot of TOLers hated "big government" when it intruded on our lives and bullied the little guy. In this case, a kid.