The Clock Ticks (Ahmed Mohamed's clock bomb)

glorydaz

Then we have that his engineering teacher, told him not to show it to anyone else and explained what it resembled, yet he persisted to show it to other teachers.

Its not like a clock is a new invention either, nor like they cant be made quite easily not resembling bombs.

Call me suspicious...but what if the plan is to desensitize all of us? Have a bunch of people build innocent things that resemble bombs and then we'll stop being so suspicious and the real thing can be built and used while we're all turning our back looking the other way.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Call me suspicious...but what if the plan is to desensitize all of us? Have a bunch of people build innocent things that resemble bombs and then we'll stop being so suspicious and the real thing can be built and used while we're all turning our back looking the other way.

yep - i was thinking the same thing, i notice also that none of the objectors are objecting now that they have seen it either.

Doesnt look like just a clock to me either.

rexlunae

Heres a picture of it:

_85589586_16e23342-6ce7-4c4f-b176-88d94cf667b3.jpg

If nothing had been done, and it had been a bomb while being claimed to be only a clock, parents would own that school and a bunch of teachers would have been fired rightfully.

There's nothing in there that looks like a bomb. Nothing. Where are the explosives supposed to be?

Sitamun

Like I said Angel, a basic inspection shows that it is obviously not a bomb. You are also forgetting that many of us stated that we understand and even agree with the one teachers initial alarm. The kid did nothing wrong. Was he warned that he shouldn't show it to anyone else, but the fact that he did is not criminal. Was it ill advised? Probably, but he's a proud teen who was doing nothing wrong. Teens brag about their exploits and achievements all the time, especially the illegal ones, so why are there people so quick to vilify this kid?

Sitamun

And if it had been a bomb unchallenged? Are you going to claim that no kids have brought bombs to schools?
It is now a chance for our president to show wherein his sympathies lie. Isn't that special....

Oh my gosh! The presidents sympathies lie with a teen with a keen interest in technology and engineering! Oh noes!! The sky is falling! Next thing Sharia Law!

Let's read the story before flying off the handle.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Ironically , right-wing extremist Christians in America have caused far more death and destruction in America than Muslims living here, the overwhelming majority of whom are peaceful and law-abiding and not a threat to anyone anywhere .
Radical extremist Christians have murdered doctors, bombed women's health care facilities and gay bars among other things .
Dylann Root , who committed the senseless murders of several black people he did not even know , is a Christian .
Muslims in America are far more likely to be the VICTIMS of violent hate crimes than to engage in acts of terrorism against Christians or Jews . Any many have been .

PureX

Here's what I will say in defense of the authorities: if it were a bomb, the kid might have had a trigger mechanism hidden on his person. Which I'm sure is why they put him in hand cuffs until they could either make sure it was not a bomb, or they could search his person. Because he's a minor, searching his person becomes a little more problematic, and time consuming, because I suspect they would need a guardian present. So although the cuffs seem excessive, it was done for a reason.

Also, it's right that the teachers did not try to handle this on their own. They're just not trained for this sort of thing, and therefor, they could have increased the danger if it were real, by meddling.

I think where the authorities failed was in their reluctance to "stand down" once they saw that there was no bomb, and therefor no danger. Arresting and "investigating" the kid was stupid. And so are all these idiotic complaints about the president wanting to assuage the trauma to the kid by doing something special (and public) for him. Let's face it, we all know how cruel kids can be, and having them see this kid cuffed and treated like a criminal for being of Persian decent is an invitation for all kinds of abuse. Abuse that Obama may have mitigated by making the kid out to be something special, in public.

So hopefully the kid will be fine. No harm will have been done. And this will all blow over just as it should.