The cigar lounge

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And Mrs M picked up a bottle of Disaronno. It is a little bit sweet, but that will compliment the Oliva Serie V today. I might go that route since I haven't before.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So when I was in the Liquor isle, I saw Mojito drink mix. Just add rum. I was wondering if it was any good compared to making it from scratch.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
So when I was in the Liquor isle, I saw Mojito drink mix. Just add rum. I was wondering if it was any good compared to making it from scratch.
That's probably dependent upon the brand, also what rum you add, and how much.

I got some Bacardi Mojito mix once, added Bacardi 151°; the large bottle.

No, you may not see the video.:eek:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No.... don't do it!!!! YUCK!!!

Mojito mixes cannot create anything near what a Mojito tastes like. There is clearly something lost in translation. A Mojito mix will taste kinda like a minty drink, maybe like a mouth wash made with rum. They are awful.

A true Mojito is more of a sweet rum cocktail with just a subtle hint of lime and mint.

Here is the easiest and best mojito recipe.

Adam

Hall of Fame
I had my first cigar this year. yorzhik introduced me. I don't remember the name of it but it was a budget brand.

Adam

Hall of Fame
And Mrs M picked up a bottle of Disaronno. It is a little bit sweet, but that will compliment the Oliva Serie V today. I might go that route since I haven't before.

I don't like sweet drinks. Scotch and whiskey must be served straight up.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I had my first cigar this year. yorzhik introduced me. I don't remember the name of it but it was a budget brand.
Ahhh... no.

We can't say you've been introduced to a cigar until you try at least a decent one, if not a good one.

I'd be willing to invest in decent cigars if you are willing to try one at the next grill out.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame

Cool Adam ( :wave: been a while... ) cheap doesnt necessarily mean terrible, its sort of a fun mission of mine to try out cheap cigars and find the not-so-bad ones, but have yorzhik hook you up with a good one too, you'll probably see a big difference :)

and, I've been losing a lot of weight for the last 6-7 months, and been pretty strict with my drinking, like you said, mostly straight good quality whiskey for me these days also. (and not very much)

Adam

Hall of Fame
yorzhik was going to post these but I figured I'd beat him to it. yorzhik, Delmar and families joined us for our New Year's party last night at our house. I experienced my first true cigar.

I don't remember the name, yorzhik will have to tell you. EDIT: I just remembered the name, Romeo and Juliet

Also, if you're wondering who's who, I'm the good looking one.

okiH5l.jpg

6YBbEl.jpg

dqougl.jpg

hhZ4Yl.jpg

c9TBYl.jpg

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
yorzhik was going to post these but I figured I'd beat him to it. yorzhik, Delmar and families joined us for our New Year's party last night at our house. I experienced my first true cigar.

I don't remember the name, yorzhik will have to tell you.

Looks like fun guy's, I wish I could have been there to enjoy a cigar & a beverage with all. Happy New Year to you all. :cheers::cigar:

Adam

Hall of Fame
Nice!, I am more of a Jamison 12yr man, just have never found a taste for bourbon...I'll keep trying it though. :D
Jameson's good, haven't had it in years though.

My favorite of the mid-priced bourbons is Woodford Reserve.

My favorite single malt scotch is Glendronach

My favorite beer is the Long Hammer IPA from Red Hook.

I'm not much of a wine drinker.