The cigar lounge

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am very fond of the McClelland and the Smoker's Haven
Blender by J. F. Germain & Son. Highly recommended!

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I dabbled with snoking an ivory pipe for a time, but there was just too much maintenance involved.

AMR

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
If you like the "965" then you will really like "Frog Morton" or "Frog Morton On The Town", I really love flake style blends and I, like you, tend to stay away from tobaccos that are to aromatic, I find them too bitey on the tongue.

Cool, I googled it, McClelland right? I want to try several, I'll add that to the list. :) Never tried flake, would be interesting.

My bro had a sample pack from his brother-in-law as a gift. (frogmorton reminded me of lord of the rings, its a town in the shire, at least in the mmorpg :) ) The blends in the sample pack were named after lord of the rings book chapters. One was "shortcut to mushrooms" and another was "ruins of isengard", he said they are good.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
I dabbled with snoking an ivory pipe for a time, but there was just too much maintenance involved.

AMR

One reason I like corncobs is they don't need rested and they don't "ghost" much, meaning they don't hold onto the tastes of different blends you've had in them in the past. Same with clays.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
One reason I like corncobs is they don't need rested and they don't "ghost" much, meaning they don't hold onto the tastes of different blends you've had in them in the past. Same with clays.

I know what you are saying, but I actually enjoy the "ghost" experience.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
I know what you are saying, but I actually enjoy the "ghost" experience.

It can be nice actually, I agree. Unless you got some bad stuff in there prior. (I think it was captain black "cherry" I tried that tasted like spraying a chemical bathroom freshener in my mouth, :) was horrible)

I like to get a more straight taste of a blend especially when I first try it out though, but yeah a ghosted briar with a good taste stuck in it is a good thing. :)

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It can be nice actually, I agree. Unless you got some bad stuff in there prior. (I think it was captain black "cherry" I tried that tasted like spraying a chemical bathroom freshener in my mouth, :) was horrible)

I like to get a more straight taste of a blend especially when I first try it out though, but yeah a ghosted briar with a good taste stuck in it is a good thing. :)

Cherry....ICK! I see what you mean!

GuySmiley

I started smoking pipes last year after a trip to Knight's house for cigars, I was inspired.

I've been trying tobaccos and the few I've settled on liking so far are 'Shortcut to Mushrooms' and 'Ruins of Isengard'. They are from a series of Lord of the Rings named tobaccos by a brand named Just For Him. Yes its a gimmic, but these two are really good. Very earthy, absolutely no bite, I tend to smoke fast I think and these two give me no problems. My brother in law got me a few of the Lord of the Rings series tobaccos, because Im a nerd that way, and those two were good, and the others were really bad :)

I also like a brand named Boswells, they have two I like, Pensylvania Dutch Treat, a cherry aromatic with 'less' bite. The other is 'No Bite Delite' and as the name says, its an aromatic with no bite at all. It tastes like tootsie rolls in a tobacoo-y way, no kidding.

I dont have any pipes worth mention but for Christmas I got a meerschaum, so I've just gotten started to color that!

genuineoriginal

El Gigante: 18-foot cigar worth $185,000 sold by Westchase dealer
more-on-the-el-gigante-cigar-04992

The cigar, nearly 19 feet long and more than 3 feet wide, came in its own carrying case, a 900 pound round wooden crate that looks like an old steam locomotive
;)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We finally have our first Cigar Sampler available.

It's a cool sampler that feature only new and talked about cigars. Check it our here.