The cigar lounge

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Knight, good call on the Nica Libre's. I tried my first one this evening it is a very tasty cigar, the price is reasonable too. The torpedo they sent with this sampler looks like a treat.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Smoked a Padron 1964 this afternoon. Was a wee bit unhappy with the draw, as I had to re-light it twice while smoking it. Paid $13.95 for the item, too. Once I made my way past the two rough spots in the filler, all was well, nevertheless, I expected better. But nothing beats that cigar's one to two inch ash, if you balance it carefully, while smoking it. ;)

AMR

Tonight I'm going to smoke a Padron 1964 Exclusivo (Maduro). Just waiting for the sun to get a bit lower. :)

EDIT: That was one seriously smooth and creamy cigar. I was reminded of the Cohiba Siglo II (one of my favorite cigars), which is as smooth and soft, but not as chocolately. I might have liked a bit more spice, but the 1964 Exlcusivo
is one top-notch cigar. Wow.
A run on Padron's eh?

Nice!

They are indeed the best tasting cigar on the planet in my opinion. I love how they give off such a massive amount of white, creamy, thick, chewy, smoke. Yum.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Knight, good call on the Nica Libre's. I tried my first one this evening it is a very tasty cigar, the price is reasonable too. The torpedo they sent with this sampler looks like a treat.
For the price those are hard to beat. Very Padron-ish.

I just ordered more the other day because my stock was running low.

I don't smoke a ton of cigars but I tend to give away a lot. :chuckle:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
A peppery and leathery maduro is my favorite kind of cigar.

Nick, have you ever tried a El Rey Del Mundo Robusto Oscuro? This sounds like it is exactly to your liking. They are Honduran and have that peppery, leathery flavor along with some creamy espresso notes. They are really a beautiful cigar too, they come wrapped in tissue paper and when you unwrap it wow! it unveils this beautiful dark oily sheen. they are yummy and quite reasonable through JR. Try one you will love it, I smoked my last one a couple of nights ago, what a treat.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nick, have you ever tried a El Rey Del Mundo Robusto Oscuro? This sounds like it is exactly to your liking. They are Honduran and have that peppery, leathery flavor along with some creamy espresso notes. They are really a beautiful cigar too, they come wrapped in tissue paper and when you unwrap it wow! it unveils this beautiful dark oily sheen. they are yummy and quite reasonable through JR. Try one you will love it, I smoked my last one a couple of nights ago, what a treat.

Not yet.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Finally got to try my 1990 Rocky Patel. It was excellent, creamy, leathery, lots of flavor and the burn was marvelous. I would smoke these again.

6c690da3-0b37-9c03.jpg

The construction of this cigar was so good the ash didn't want to come off. I also liked the sweet taste on my tongue that the cigar had.

The draw was a bit tight and the flavor did decrease after the halfway point. All things considered I would say it's a pretty good stogie.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
After a week in my local humidor, the Cohiba still wasn't in acceptable condition. But I smoked it anyway.

:smokie:

Good burn, a little hot and harsh which is to be expected when it is a little dry. Good draw and ash, and good flavor. Typical of Cohiba.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Finally got to try my 1992 Rocky Patel. It was excellent, creamy, leathery, lots of flavor and the burn was marvelous. I would smoke these again.

I know this is nitpicky, but that is a 1990 in the picture. I like the 1990 better than the 1992. Only the wrapper is different. And yes, it is a might fine cigar.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Ooops you are right that was a typo.

I want to try a 1992 next.

I like the 1992 maduro's they are a good smoke. I have one left in the humidor I've been saving it for awhile. I am lovin the Nica Libre's though I think my next order will be a box order of those babies. Man, they are good...

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh my goodness!!! Look at the awesome package that just arrived at my door!!

a6cd08a6-dfd2-844e.jpg

That's 10 El Titan De Bronze Redemption Robustos in Maduro as well as the original cedar box (that was a bonus) and a bottle of Olde Shandon Port Works Syrah Port (that was a bonus BONUS!!).

Thank you Rocketman, I can't wait to try these babies! It's like Christmas day here at TOL headquarters!

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Oh my goodness!!! Look at the awesome package that just arrived at my door!!

That's 10 El Titan De Bronze Redemption Robustos in Maduro as well as the original cedar box (that was a bonus) and a bottle of Olde Shandon Port Works Syrah Port (that was a bonus BONUS!!).

Thank you Rocketman, I can't wait to try these babies! It's like Christmas day here at TOL headquarters!

Absolutely, I am enjoying my first one now with a glass of port of course. Your going to enjoy this one, they are good.
View attachment 16340

P.S. It was good all the way to the nub, I hummed taps when I had to put it down. :chuckle:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Finally got to try my El Titan Maduro.

43a5ec6c-02e8-f180.jpg

The cigar had a great burn, excellent rich flavors, and a wonderful taste on my tongue (similar to the Pinar Del Rio). The draw was pretty tough and I had to take two hard draws just to get the volume of smoke I like. Therefore, while I greatly enjoyed the flavor I don't think it beats the Pinar Del Rio Selecion. Still, it's one of the best and I sure am glad I have several more to try. :)

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Finally got to try my El Titan Maduro.

43a5ec6c-02e8-f180.jpg

The cigar had a great burn, excellent rich flavors, and a wonderful taste on my tongue (similar to the Pinar Del Rio). The draw was pretty tough and I had to take two hard draws just to get the volume of smoke I like. Therefore, while I greatly enjoyed the flavor I don't think it beats the Pinar Del Rio Selecion. Still, it's one of the best and I sure am glad I have several more to try. :)

I too had a problem with the draw they seem a little on the tight side that is for sure. I, like you enjoyed the burn and the flavor, I hope they loosen up a little over time we will see.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
My son got these via UPS today. They are Nica Libre Potencias, since we love Nica Libres so much I'm sure these will be even better! Described as...

Potencia takes the Nica Libre name to new heights. A small-batch, Nicaraguan beauty from the Oliva family with a whole lot of character.

Potencia is the latest offering from Nica Libre....and it’s superb. It’s a small-batch, Nicaraguan beauty with character in spades. Carefully crafted in the Oliva factory with a dark, reddish-hued Habano Sun Grown wrapper and a robust blend of well-aged Nicaraguan ligeros, Potencia brings a deep, complex flavor. Powerful yet smooth and refined – and loaded with layers of coffee, spices, earth, and dark chocolate overtop a rich tobacco core. It’s a bit pricier than the original, but well worth the coin. A very limited production item – when they’re in stock, act expeditiously.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
My son got these via UPS today. They are Nica Libre Potencias, since we love Nica Libres so much I'm sure these will be even better! Described as...

Potencia takes the Nica Libre name to new heights. A small-batch, Nicaraguan beauty from the Oliva family with a whole lot of character.

Potencia is the latest offering from Nica Libre....and it’s superb. It’s a small-batch, Nicaraguan beauty with character in spades. Carefully crafted in the Oliva factory with a dark, reddish-hued Habano Sun Grown wrapper and a robust blend of well-aged Nicaraguan ligeros, Potencia brings a deep, complex flavor. Powerful yet smooth and refined – and loaded with layers of coffee, spices, earth, and dark chocolate overtop a rich tobacco core. It’s a bit pricier than the original, but well worth the coin. A very limited production item – when they’re in stock, act expeditiously.

I saw these but, decided to buy more of the regular Nica's. Let me know if they are good.