The cigar lounge

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You were lucky that this item turned out so well after being kept in cellophane so many years. I always at least unfurl cellophane wrapper ends to allow humidor moisture to reach the cigar. Generally I remove all wrappers of items I place in my humidor that I intend to keep there more than a week.

AMR

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Right now I am smoking a cigar that I have aged in my box that I keep at the cigar shop. This is an Astral robusto natural/connecticut wrapper, I have had this cigar sitting for roughly 8-9 years! yes, you read that right 8-9 years. I bought two at the time the first seemed green/immature so I put this one away and forgot about it. I recently brought it home and tonight I lit it up. I first need to tell you the cellophane was yellowish brown from age. The burn is perfect, the flavor is so smooth and creamy it is hard to describe except for tasty.The point of this post is to show how good cigars get with age as long as they are properly cared for. A lot like wine they mellow out and give forth a different flavor than when the were young. So put one aside once in awhile, it may be even better later....:D:
Whoa... that's insane!! What an awesome treat you created for yourself.

It sounds delicious!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
My favorite brand of cigar is CAO.
http://www.caocigars.com/
The only CAO's that I have tried and liked were the LaTraviata and the CX2.

The problem with CAO is they make so many different kinds and variations that its tough to get a feel for what is their premiere brand. I like when a company has a line of products I can easily understand such as Padron.

Their selection is simple...

1. The Padron thousand series (their base line)
2. The Anniversario series (their high end line)

There are many other companies that also flood the market with too much variety such as: Rocky Patel and Drew Estate

Kit Fisto

BANNED
Banned
The only CAO's that I have tried and liked were the LaTraviata and the CX2.

The problem with CAO is they make so many different kinds and variations that its tough to get a feel for what is their premiere brand. I like when a company has a line of products I can easily understand such as Padron.

Their selection is simple...

1. The Padron thousand series (their base line)
2. The Anniversario series (their high end line)

There are many other companies that also flood the market with too much variety such as: Rocky Patel and Drew Estate

I really like the CX2.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
O.K. Knight, I went ahead and ordered the Nica Libre sampler tonight, I can't wait to try them. I could not find the Pinar Del Rio Seleccion Reserva Limitada there were many Pinar Del Rio's but not the ones you indicated so, I will wait until I see them.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
O.K. Knight, I went ahead and ordered the Nica Libre sampler tonight, I can't wait to try them. I could not find the Pinar Del Rio Seleccion Reserva Limitada there were many Pinar Del Rio's but not the ones you indicated so, I will wait until I see them.
That's great you will love the Nica's.

You can get the Pinar's here. And that price is INSANE!! I almost wonder if it's a mistake because the 5 pack is cheaper than the price you would get buying them by the box.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Hey! :IA:

I probably have 5 different kinds in my humidor now. Speaking of cigar makers with multiple lines, Perdomo makes good cigars. I like the "Lot 23" from him.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
That's great you will love the Nica's.

You can get the Pinar's here. And that price is INSANE!! I almost wonder if it's a mistake because the 5 pack is cheaper than the price you would get buying them by the box.

Nice! and for my next purchase...:thumb:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Hey! :IA:

I probably have 5 different kinds in my humidor now. Speaking of cigar makers with multiple lines, Perdomo makes good cigars. I like the "Lot 23" from him.

I like the Lot 23's also, I have one more left in my humidor. I'm not as crazy about their "The Cigar" line they had (I haven't seen them in a while) I split a box of churchill maduros with a friend and never really took a shine to them.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Smoked a Padron 1964 this afternoon. Was a wee bit unhappy with the draw, as I had to re-light it twice while smoking it. Paid $13.95 for the item, too. Once I made my way past the two rough spots in the filler, all was well, nevertheless, I expected better. But nothing beats that cigar's one to two inch ash, if you balance it carefully, while smoking it. ;)

AMR

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Smoked a Padron 1964 this afternoon. Was a wee bit unhappy with the draw, as I had to re-light it twice while smoking it. Paid $13.95 for the item, too. Once I made my way past the two rough spots in the filler, all was well, nevertheless, I expected better. But nothing beats that cigar's one to two inch ash, if you balance it carefully, while smoking it. ;)

AMR

Well, nothing is perfect as cigars go. Right now I'm enjoying a Oliva G series Robusto, man this is a great cigar for $3.00. I bought a 5 pack on Cigar Monster for $16 and change, what a deal I wish I bought more. This is a good smoke in every aspect. I would rate it at least 92.

zoo22

Tonight I'm going to smoke a Padron 1964 Exclusivo (Maduro). Just waiting for the sun to get a bit lower. :)

EDIT: That was one seriously smooth and creamy cigar. I was reminded of the Cohiba Siglo II (one of my favorite cigars), which is as smooth and soft, but not as chocolately. I might have liked a bit more spice, but the 1964 Exlcusivo
is one top-notch cigar. Wow.

Last edited: