The cigar lounge

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
The Pinar Del Rio Seleccion Reserva Limitada!

The best way to describe this smoke is.... Lucious!!

43a5ec6c-4695-4d68.jpg

Finally got to try one of these babies! The color is a dark reddish brown, with a very oily looking wrapper. These are not maduros but they are very dark and oily. Deep, dark, rich flavor. Tons of flavor, notes of dark cocoa, creamy, chewy smoke.

Excellent burn and good all the way to the nub. Not strong as far as nicotine goes but certainly a full flavored smoke. You should all try these and the best part is they are fairly cheap!!

Looks real good, I am going to look for these, where did you order from?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Had a really excellent batch of rum & maple pipe tobacco last evening. I hadn't had any for a few years (that brand and flavor, that is), and I picked up a tin on a whim.

I had forgotton what a pleasant smoke it is! The smell (pre-lit) was barley and earth, with a hint of orange. The taste after lighting was intensely spicy at first with a mellow earthy maple flavor that balanced it out at the end. It's a bit exotic compared with my usual picks, but it was a pleasant change.

I'll be getting more of that.

Now you did it VC, I'm wanting to pull my pipes out of mothball and try em. I love the taste of pipes. I know the wife likes the smell better. LOL

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Knight has probably come to notice that cigars are really good, and he hasn't even had a Cuban. They are over rated. Big time. I think it is because we can't have it in the US. Sort of the forbidden fruit. It isn't like the climate in the Dominican Republic is some how different.

Nick you are correct for the most part but, a friend gave me a Cuban Partigas Torpedo that I smoked the night my first son was born and man that was a fantastic cigar. Maybe I was already on cloud nine LOL but, of the Cubans I have had that one was memorable. I have had others that were horrible. I think a 1964 anniversario could give any Cuban a run for it's money.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Today's treat.... Redemption!!!

43a5ec6c-b7db-6a73.jpg

The El Titan De Bronze Redemption Habano Robusto. FANTASTIC!!! Creamy, buttery, without a hint of bad aftertaste. Fantastic construction with a decent burn and an oily finish. Lots of thick, chewy, flavorful smoke. I can't wait to get my hands on the maduro version... hint, hint, nudge, nudge, rocketman. :D

You gotta get your hands on some of these, they are extremely good. One of my all-time favorites.

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Just got my 5 pack of Nica Libre's from cigars international. It's amazing how much these look, feel, and smell like Padron Anniversarios.

43a5ec6c-c04c-dd0d.jpg

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Today's treat.... Redemption!!!

43a5ec6c-b7db-6a73.jpg

The El Titan De Bronze Redemption Habano Robusto. FANTASTIC!!! Creamy, buttery, without a hint of bad aftertaste. Fantastic construction with a decent burn and an oily finish. Lots of thick, chewy, flavorful smoke. I can't wait to get my hands on the maduro version... hint, hint, nudge, nudge, rocketman. :D

You gotta get your hands on some of these, they are extremely good. One of my all-time favorites.

Knight, we will have redemption!:chuckle: I am going to call the guy again tomorrow since he has not gotten back with me. If he hasn't ordered I'll promise him a box sale that should get him moving. I am on it though. finding the maduros was the hard part I must have contacted 20 places that carry the sun grown habanos this was the only one that carried and would ship me maduros but, of course he was out. :( We will get them though...Keep the faith

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Wow I am very impressed with the Nica Libre! These "Padron wanna bes" are excellent! Obviously they are not as good as a Anniversario but for under 3 bucks a stick these are a must try!!

43a5ec6c-5b24-cb2a.jpg

These babies are really, really, box-pressed. You can only buy these from cigarsinternational.com. You can get a box of 20 for under $60!!

43a5ec6c-5b83-bfb0.jpg

They feature a nice burn with lots of chewy, chocolatey smoke.

I can imagine these as my "daily smoke".

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Wow I am very impressed with the Nica Libre! These "Padron wanna bes" are excellent! Obviously they are not as good as a Anniversario but for under 3 bucks a stick these are a must try!!
These babies are really, really, box-pressed. You can only buy these from cigarsinternational.com. You can get a box of 20 for under $60!!

They feature a nice burn with lots of chewy, chocolatey smoke.

I can imagine these as my "daily smoke".

They do look good! As soon a s I get some cash I will get some too. Had a little mishap last night and spilled something on my Macbook screen :( what a bummer. So I am into a new screen for about $250-$300, The neighbor lent me this PC until I get mine back from the Mac superstore Mon. or Tues. I really hate working with PC's but, I am grateful I have such an awesome neighbor and Christian Sister to loan me a computer :thumb: Anyway because of my rush to the Mac Emergency Room I did not call that guy today for the Redemptions but, he is open Sun. I'll give him a ring in the morning.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
My Maduro 601 to robustos came today. I had read a lot about these and heard they are really good (especially for Maduro lovers).

I can't wait to try them.

43a5ec6c-afe1-7c72.jpg

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
After lunch in an hour or so, will light up a Punch.

View attachment 16309
[click image to enlarge]

AMR

I have been meaning to try one of those. Please report back and tell us all about it. :up:
I never have any complaints about Punch products. The After Dinner Maduro (46 ring/7.5 inch) is a full-bodied smoke, with a coarse/grainy, one-piece, wrapper, high-sheen mascara, and a comfortable draw. Starts and finished with a mild citrus flavor that goes down easy for those of us who inhale. Available from $4.50-$5.75 retail. Still smoking it with a small glass of Single Barrel Jack Daniels. My son bought the SBJ for me yesterday as a surprise gift for just being a fine Dad.

AMR

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight....the El Titan De Bronze Redemption Habano Robusto that you spoke of some time ago...how much did you say one will set you back?

TWO weeks to a friend of mine coming into town and I'm gathing my notes on stuff to buy...

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I'm excited to try one of my Pinar Del Rio Obscuros that arrived yesterday.

I was looking at these the other day, you will have to give me a thumbs up or down on these before I try them. Those don't look dark enough to be oscuro but the flavor & strength will tell the tale.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Tomorrow, I am having some old friends over for cigars and a barbeque. I have dubbed it.... the 1st annual CIGARBEQUE 2011.