Scripture. What is considered Scripture?

genuineoriginal

Then why mention God's words at all?

According to the way you read that Psalm, there is no point at all in this.

Psalm 12:6 The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.​

You keep missing the words of the Lord mentioned in the psalm.

Psalm 12:5-7
5 For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the Lord; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him.
6 The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7 Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

The psalm speaks of the Lord promising to set the faithful in safety and praises that promise.
Then the psalm states that the Lord shall "guard, watch, watch over, keep" them, meaning the faithful, from this generation for ever.

There is always a point in praising God for His promises.

john w

Hall of Fame
You called it right, Saint John.

Genesis 3:1
3 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
Thanks, D of G.

I "take God at His word"-the simple definition of faith. He inspired it(2 Tim. 3:16 KJV), He preserved it, and it is without error, in 5th grade English. The Holy Bible's testimony , which it declares emphatically, is that it is "... impossible for God to lie..." (Heb. 6:18 KJV). The apostle Paul speaks of our God as one who "... cannot lie..." (Titus 1:2 KJV), and scripture declares our God as "...a God of truth..."(Deuteronomy 32:4 KJV, Psalms 31:5 KJV, Isaiah 65:16 KJV). This same God declares that His word is perfect; there are no errors within it-none, despite these wicked bible critics/rejectors/correctors/mystics/agnostics satanic protests to the contrary.

genuineoriginal

Lol, it's the same as trying to discuss the scripture with certain others who say it has errors, especially that one book misunderstands another book: how can you discuss-debate-argue intelligibly with those who read a text to say whatever they will it to say regardless of what it actually says? The disconnect is apparently somewhere between the page and the eye or from the lamp of the eye into the naos: like some unseen "power of the air". :)

Yes, there are many who read the text to say that the Lord will preserve "words" instead of the Lord preserving the faithful from this generation for ever as the psalm was written to state.

It is only the KJV and a couple of other translations that can be misunderstood to be saying the Lord will preserve words.
Here are what the other translations of the verse state:

AMP You, O Lord, will preserve and keep them; You will protect him from this [evil] generation forever.
AMPC You will keep them and preserve them, O Lord; You will guard and keep us from this [evil] generation forever.
CSB You, Lord, will guard us; you will protect us from this generation forever.
CEB You, Lord, will keep us, protecting us from this generation forever.
CJB You, Adonai, protect us; guard us forever from this generation —
CEV You will protect us and always keep us safe from those people.
ERV Lord, take care of the helpless. Protect them forever from the wicked people in this world.
EHV You, Lord, will keep them safe. You will protect them from such people forever.
ESV You, O Lord, will keep them; you will guard us from this generation forever.
ESVUK You, O Lord, will keep them; you will guard us from this generation for ever.
EXB Lord, you will ·keep us safe [L guard/protect them]; you will always ·protect [guard] us from such ·people [a generation].
GNV Thou wilt keep them, O Lord; thou wilt preserve him from this generation forever.
GW O Lord, you will protect them. You will keep each one safe from those people forever.
GNT The wicked are everywhere, and everyone praises what is evil. Keep us always safe, O Lord, and preserve us from such people.
HCSB You, Lord, will guard us; You will protect us from this generation forever.
ICB Lord, keep us safe. Always protect us from such people.
LEB You, O Yahweh, will protect them. You will preserve him from this generation always.
TLB O Lord, we know that you will forever preserve your own from the reach of evil men,
MSG God’s words are pure words, Pure silver words refined seven times In the fires of his word-kiln, Pure on earth as well as in heaven. God, keep us safe from their lies, From the wicked who stalk us with lies, From the wicked who collect honors For their wonderful lies.
NOG O Yahweh, you will protect them. You will keep each one safe from those people forever.
NABRE You, O Lord, protect us always; preserve us from this generation.
NASB You, O Lord, will keep them; You will preserve him from this generation forever.
NCV Lord, you will keep us safe; you will always protect us from such people.
NET You, Lord, will protect them; you will continually shelter each one from these evil people,
NIRV Lord, you will keep needy people safe. You will always keep sinners from hurting us.
NIV You, Lord, will keep the needy safe and will protect us forever from the wicked,
NIVUK You, Lord, will keep the needy safe and will protect us for ever from the wicked,
NLV O Lord, You will keep us. You will keep us safe forever from the people of this day.
NLT Therefore, Lord, we know you will protect the oppressed, preserving them forever from this lying generation,
NRSV You, O Lord, will protect us; you will guard us from this generation forever.
NRSVA You, O Lord, will protect us; you will guard us from this generation for ever.
NRSVACE You, O Lord, will protect us; you will guard us from this generation for ever.
NRSVCE You, O Lord, will protect us; you will guard us from this generation forever.
OJB Thou shalt be shomer over them, Hashem, Thou shalt preserve him [see 5(6)] from this generation forever.
TPT Lord, you will keep us forever safe, out of the reach of the wicked. Even though they strut and prowl, tolerating and celebrating what is worthless and vile, you will still lift up those who are yours!
RSV Do thou, O Lord, protect us, guard us ever from this generation.
RSVCE Do thou, O Lord, protect us, guard us ever from this generation.
TLV You will keep us safe, Adonai. You will protect us from this generation forever.
VOICE You, O Eternal, will be their protector. You will keep them safe from those around them forever.
WEB You will keep them, Yahweh. You will preserve them from this generation forever.
WYC Thou, Lord, shalt keep us; and thou shalt keep us from this generation [into] without end. (Thou, Lord, shalt keep us safe; yea, thou shalt keep us safe from this generation forever.)
YLT Thou, O Jehovah, dost preserve them, Thou keepest us from this generation to the age.

daqq

Yes, there are many who read the text to say that the Lord will preserve "words" instead of the Lord preserving the faithful from this generation for ever as the psalm was written to state.

It is only the KJV and a couple of other translations that can be misunderstood to be saying the Lord will preserve words.
Here are what the other translations of the verse state:

AMP You, O Lord, will preserve and keep them; You will protect him from this [evil] generation forever.
AMPC You will keep them and preserve them, O Lord; You will guard and keep us from this [evil] generation forever.
CSB You, Lord, will guard us; you will protect us from this generation forever.
CEB You, Lord, will keep us, protecting us from this generation forever.
CJB You, Adonai, protect us; guard us forever from this generation —
CEV You will protect us and always keep us safe from those people.
ERV Lord, take care of the helpless. Protect them forever from the wicked people in this world.
EHV You, Lord, will keep them safe. You will protect them from such people forever.
ESV You, O Lord, will keep them; you will guard us from this generation forever.
ESVUK You, O Lord, will keep them; you will guard us from this generation for ever.
EXB Lord, you will ·keep us safe [L guard/protect them]; you will always ·protect [guard] us from such ·people [a generation].
GNV Thou wilt keep them, O Lord; thou wilt preserve him from this generation forever.
GW O Lord, you will protect them. You will keep each one safe from those people forever.
GNT The wicked are everywhere, and everyone praises what is evil. Keep us always safe, O Lord, and preserve us from such people.
HCSB You, Lord, will guard us; You will protect us from this generation forever.
ICB Lord, keep us safe. Always protect us from such people.
LEB You, O Yahweh, will protect them. You will preserve him from this generation always.
TLB O Lord, we know that you will forever preserve your own from the reach of evil men,
MSG God’s words are pure words, Pure silver words refined seven times In the fires of his word-kiln, Pure on earth as well as in heaven. God, keep us safe from their lies, From the wicked who stalk us with lies, From the wicked who collect honors For their wonderful lies.
NOG O Yahweh, you will protect them. You will keep each one safe from those people forever.
NABRE You, O Lord, protect us always; preserve us from this generation.
NASB You, O Lord, will keep them; You will preserve him from this generation forever.
NCV Lord, you will keep us safe; you will always protect us from such people.
NET You, Lord, will protect them; you will continually shelter each one from these evil people,
NIRV Lord, you will keep needy people safe. You will always keep sinners from hurting us.
NIV You, Lord, will keep the needy safe and will protect us forever from the wicked,
NIVUK You, Lord, will keep the needy safe and will protect us for ever from the wicked,
NLV O Lord, You will keep us. You will keep us safe forever from the people of this day.
NLT Therefore, Lord, we know you will protect the oppressed, preserving them forever from this lying generation,
NRSV You, O Lord, will protect us; you will guard us from this generation forever.
NRSVA You, O Lord, will protect us; you will guard us from this generation for ever.
NRSVACE You, O Lord, will protect us; you will guard us from this generation for ever.
NRSVCE You, O Lord, will protect us; you will guard us from this generation forever.
OJB Thou shalt be shomer over them, Hashem, Thou shalt preserve him [see 5(6)] from this generation forever.
TPT Lord, you will keep us forever safe, out of the reach of the wicked. Even though they strut and prowl, tolerating and celebrating what is worthless and vile, you will still lift up those who are yours!
RSV Do thou, O Lord, protect us, guard us ever from this generation.
RSVCE Do thou, O Lord, protect us, guard us ever from this generation.
TLV You will keep us safe, Adonai. You will protect us from this generation forever.
VOICE You, O Eternal, will be their protector. You will keep them safe from those around them forever.
WEB You will keep them, Yahweh. You will preserve them from this generation forever.
WYC Thou, Lord, shalt keep us; and thou shalt keep us from this generation [into] without end. (Thou, Lord, shalt keep us safe; yea, thou shalt keep us safe from this generation forever.)
YLT Thou, O Jehovah, dost preserve them, Thou keepest us from this generation to the age.

Please allow me to give you a better example of what I meant. I am going to read your words so as to say what I will them to say, not that I really want them to say what they are going to say, but only just for this example.

You said this:

"Yes, there are many who read the text to say that the Lord will preserve "words"..."

Now I am going to interpret your words for you:

"Yes, there are many like myself who read the text to say that the Lord will preserve "words"..."

See? You suddenly agree with me! Yippie!

Or would it rather be that I had just deceived myself if indeed I did this?

genuineoriginal

Please allow me to give you a better example of what I meant. I am going to read your words so as to say what I will them to say, not that I really want them to say what they are going to say, but only just for this example.

You said this:

"Yes, there are many who read the text to say that the Lord will preserve "words"..."

Now I am going to interpret your words for you:

"Yes, there are many like myself who read the text to say that the Lord will preserve "words"..."

See? You suddenly agree with me! Yippie!

Or would it rather be that I had just deceived myself if indeed I did this?
I see you have proved that taking the words out of context allows you to change the fundamental meaning of those words.
That is what the KJV Only people have done to Psalm 12:6-7 in order to claim that the Lord will preserve His words in Elizabethan English.

2003cobra

Yes, He did, you vile satanist, but your daddy the devil tells you to deny it.

We take it that you are a satanic, bible rejector/corrector/mystic/agnostic, asserting "Errors Only-ism," and "Originals Only-ism," which is straight from the pitts of hell, your future residence.
Where did God promise us a perfect book?

2003cobra

Chapter, verse, that asserts that scripture has errors, satanist.

You: these are some of the verses that are in error:

"How forcible are right words! but what doth your arguing reprove?" Job 6:25 KJV

"As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him." 2 Samuel 22:31 KJV

"And the woman said to Elijah, Now by this I know that thou art a man of God, and that the word of the LORD in thy mouth is truth." 1 Kings 17:24 KJV

"The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times." Psalms 12:6 KJV

"As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him." Psalms 18:30 KJV

"The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple." Psalms 19:7 KJV

"For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth." Psalms 33:4 KJV

"Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it." Psalms 119:140 KJV

"And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth; for I have hoped in thy judgments." Psalms 119:43 KJV

"Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever." Psalms 119:160 KJV

"Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge, That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth; that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee?" Proverbs 22:20-21 KJV

"Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him." Proverbs 30:5 KJV

"...the scripture of truth...." Daniel 10:21 KJV

"Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth." John 17:17 KJV

"But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God." 2 Corinthians 4:2 KJV

"By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,..." 2 Corinthians 6:7 KJV

"In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,..." Ephesians 1:13 KJV

"For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe." 1 Thessalonians 2:13 KJV

"...the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV

"Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures." James 1:18 KJV

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever." 1 Peter 1:23 KJV

No need to reply, you wicked child of the devil, as you are outed, satanist, wolf, attempting to "spiritually" rape/devour/molest the sheep, talking them out of their faith in the book, like you lost yours, when you laid down the sword, attempting to correct the LORD God, an uncorrectable LORD God.

Who talked you out of your faith in the book? Rhetorical q-it certainly was not the LORD God.

Ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.........................
I have presented several errors to which you were unwilling or unable to respond.

I have provided chapter and verse.

For example, I asked if the centurion with the sick servant came to Jesus and spoke to Jesus (as Matthew says) or did not come to Jesus and did not come to Jesus and did not speak to Jesus (as Luke says).

But you could not answer.

Have you come up with an answer yet?

You seem to think “Word of God” and “Word of truth” mean Bible. That is not a scriptural position.

So, why can’t you answer a simple question about the centurion?

john w

Hall of Fame
I see you have proved that taking the words out of context allows you to change the fundamental meaning of those words.
That is what the KJV Only people have done to Psalm 12:6-7 in order to claim that the Lord will preserve His words in Elizabethan English.

Chapter, verse, where the LORD God promised to preserve His word in any language, including a dead language, such as the Koine Greek, which most Greeks do not even speak.

I thought so.

Scam artist.

Matthew 24:14 KJV And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

You: All the world, in the future, will speak the same language!!!!!!!

You're a clueless, bible correcting moron.

john w

Hall of Fame
I have presented several errors to which you were unwilling or unable to respond.

I have provided chapter and verse.

For example, I asked if the centurion with the sick servant came to Jesus and spoke to Jesus (as Matthew says) or did not come to Jesus and did not come to Jesus and did not speak to Jesus (as Luke says).

But you could not answer.

Have you come up with an answer yet?

You seem to think “Word of God” and “Word of truth” mean Bible. That is not a scriptural position.

So, why can’t you answer a simple question about the centurion?

No, satanist, you are just too stupid to understand the verse, so you flip the bird at the LORD God, asserting that He is a liar, untruthful,in His book, like you, satanist.

Chapter, verse, that asserts that scripture has errors, satanist.

Not a peep.

Chapter, verse, as I've asked you, where the LORD God commands that I answer any/all questions, especially from bible rejecting, bible correcting mystics/agnostics, satanists, like you.

Not a peep.

2003cobra

Quote Originally Posted by 2003cobra View Post
God never promised us a perfect book.

1Cor 13:10KJV

Look at the context, George:

Love never ends. But as for prophecies, they will come to an end; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will come to an end. 9 For we know only in part, and we prophesy only in part; 10 but when the complete comes, the partial will come to an end. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became an adult, I put an end to childish ways. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face. Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known. 13 And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love.

We don’t know fully. We only know in part.
Prophecies have not ended.
Tongues continue.
We still see in a mirror dimly, that is why we don’t all agree.
We don’t yet see face to face.
And I think it is obvious John W. doesn’t love me, as I love him and want him to do better.

So this time has not yet come.

John w. still speaks as a child, with tirades against those trying to speak the truth.

No, the time Paul described is yet to come.

daqq

No, but now you only confirm what I said, for it was an example to show you what you yourself are doing, for it was you who said, "let the scripture interpret itself" concerning this passage when there is no need for interpretation to begin with. And now you begin your comments with, "I see", which is exactly what I was talking about: *you see* what you wish to see but you have misinterpreted the logos-reasoning behind what I said. In the passage in question there is no pause or break in thought, (which would be denoted in the Masorete Hebrew text with either the letter sameck or the letter pe respectively, otherwise there really is not a form of punctuation), and therefore I can read it just as it is, without the verse numbering, even as one whole sentence:

"The words of the LORD are pure words, as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times: You shall keep them, O LORD,..."

There is no room for you to insert your interpretation into the text like you are doing.

genuineoriginal

Chapter, verse, where the LORD God promised to preserve His word in any language, including a dead language, such as the Koine Greek, which most Greeks do not even speak.
You are the one that believes God made that promise, so it is up to you to prove your belief is justified.

Matthew 24:14 KJV And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
The word mistranslated in that KJV verse as "world" should have been correctly translated as "land", meaning the land of Israel.
The gospel was preached in all the land of Israel before the end came with the destruction of the Temple as prophesied in Matthew 24:2.

You: All the world, in the future, will speak the same language!!!!!!!
You seem to like making up lies about other people instead of debating the source of your mistaken doctrinal beliefs.

2003cobra

Chapter, verse, satanist, that asserts that scripture has errors, satanist.
How silly you are!

Of course the writers did the best they could. They weren’t perfect.

I provided many passages showing the errors.

You apparently don’t want to deal with what the Bible actually says.

Why not answer the question about the centurion?

john w

Hall of Fame
Look at the context, George:

Love never ends. But as for prophecies, they will come to an end; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will come to an end. 9 For we know only in part, and we prophesy only in part; 10 but when the complete comes, the partial will come to an end. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became an adult, I put an end to childish ways. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face. Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known. 13 And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love.

We don’t know fully. We only know in part.
Prophecies have not ended.
Tongues continue.
We still see in a mirror dimly, that is why we don’t all agree.
We don’t yet see face to face.
And I think it is obvious John W. doesn’t love me.

So this time has not yet come.

John w. still speaks as a child, with tirades against those trying to speak the truth.

No, the time Paul described is yet to come.

I treat satanists, wolves,the way the Lord Jesus Christ, Paul, Peter did.

And no, that which is perfect, in context, is the word of God, the scriptures, satanist.

john w

Hall of Fame
How silly you are!

Of course the writers did the best they could. They weren’t perfect.

I provided many passages showing the errors.

You apparently don’t want to deal with what the Bible actually says.

Why not answer the question about the centurion?

Chapter, verse, moron, where scripture asserts that the "writers," scribes..........................were "inspired." And the LORD God is the author, satanist, and used, yes, "imperfect" men to preserve His scripture, idiot.

You're a pathetic moron, not knowing the difference between the book of Genesis, and the rock group of the same name.

john w

Hall of Fame
You are the one that believes God made that promise, so it is up to you to prove your belief is justified.

Already did, child of the devil, despite your daddy the devil telling you to deny it. The scriptures has no errors-it is pure, true, sound, perfect.

The word mistranslated in that KJV verse as "world" should have been correctly translated as "land", meaning the land of Israel.

No, bible corrector, the book/God is correct-you are wrong. "world" is correct.

Thanks for confirming that you are a bible corrector, not a bible corrector.

You seem to like making up lies about other people instead of debating the source of your mistaken doctrinal beliefs.

No, I correct satanists like yourself, that flip the bird at the LORD God, attempting to correct Him.