SALVATION IS A FREE GIFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part
Come on now, you really think I haven't read the Bible?
If you've read the Bible, then why don't you know who the two parties are in the new covenant? (Hint: same two parties as the old covenant).

Seriously I always had a thing against lying, even to a fault. I sure am not going to turn into a liar after getting saved.
And yet you lie about what I say ALL THE TIME.

We don't have all of Paul's writings.
:dizzy:

Surely God knew what would be in the Bible, and He wanted all that is in it to be in it. We learn from all the Apostles and writers that are in it. It really is perfect. Just enough to guide one to salvation and to sustain us.
Why is the PRIESTHOOD missing from Paul's epistles? Don't dance around it.

...and Jesus lives to intercede for you.
What is He interceding for or about? Christ DIED for my sins. Past-tense.

Right, but she still couldn't be saved yet because one could not have their sins forgiven without the shedding of blood, and Jesus didn't shed his blood yet.
So everyone in the old testament was never saved either? Then the twelve apostles were also unsaved while they preached the gospel of the kingdom.

I am telling you things you can do too.
I don't want to be PROUD... Christ DIED for by sins. That does not make me PROUD. It makes me saved, because I trust Christ.

It's not like the Jews who could brag about the purification works of the law and cleaning themselves and others. Now Jesus does the cleaning.
:juggle:

That was cute.
It was as true as yours.

The whole old law was a teaching tool about what was to come, and you want to dismiss the fact that there were earthly priests to prepare us for the High Priest, Jesus Christ.
Jesus is our HEAD and NOT our high priest. You are a Bible masher that cannot rightly divide the word of truth.

I didn't mess up any quotes.
Yes, you did.

Ohhhhhh, shock.....you're calling it your gospel....oh wow, does that mean you have ANOTHER gospel?
The gospel of the grace of God is how I got saved. You remain unsaved and proud of your obedience.

Jesus came and taught how to have the grace, and then he died for it.
Why did Jesus never once recorded in scripture as using the word "grace" during His entire earthly ministry to Israel?

How could Jesus be teaching GRACE and never ONCE use the word?

Your theory is bogus.

I learned early on in life about wills and testaments. Don't you know what those are?
Yes. I do.

So you in turn preach a false gospel?
You think that the gospel of the grace of God is false? That makes sense.

Jesus saves us all on his own, and he tells us how to be that person.
If you can stop your attempt to earn salvation and believe what you just wrote, you have a chance.

God's Truth

If you've read the Bible, then why don't you know who the two parties are in the new covenant? (Hint: same two parties as the old covenant).
The two parties are gone is because the OLD COVENANT IS GONE.

When Jesus came, he MADE A NEW COVENANT.

You say what Jesus said was to a select few and not to anyone else is just beyond ignorant.

How is it you read the Bible and don’t know that?

Hebrews 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

So here it is here.
In Hebrews where you have claimed speak a DIFFERENT gospel is saying that that the OLD is vanishing.

You had said that Hebrews is different and not to us Gentiles.

Are you ready to change your mind about that?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

You say what Jesus said was to a select few and not to anyone else is just beyond ignorant.

Hebrews 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

So here it is here.
In Hebrews where you have claimed speak a DIFFERENT gospel is saying that that the OLD is vanishing.

:dunce:

The OLD COVENANT was going away. Not the parties involved, you idiot.

Right Divider

Body part

So here it is here.

It's no wonder that you don't understand the Bible. You cannot even think straight.

You are illogical and irrational.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus said not to do what you are doing. You can't put any scripture aside.

Jesus Gospel is the Gospel of Grace. Show me where it says that I should not follow a Gospel of Grace. You are a Pharisee, a legalist hung up on obedience. Your works are dead. Obey the ten commandments and be saved.

Last edited:

oatmeal

We have to obey and have faith.

Our faith has to be alive with obedience, otherwise it is dead.

Yes, we should continue to keep Jesus as
​​​​​ Lord and continue to believe in the power of God in our lives after we receive the gift of salvation.

Having received the gift of salvation,eternal life, righteousness, holy spirit we should live accordingly to live the godly life God wants for us.

God knows we will stumble at times so those sins were paid for as well

oatmeal

Are you saying that God is not the LORD?

Paul says one God and one Lord. Ephesians 4:5-6

No, I am not.

As the Acts 2:34, see the thread by that name, points out, God is The Lord while His son is in a sense, lord, jr. Or as David stated, my lord.

Jesus as the human son of God is inferior, derived and subordinate to God his Father who is The Lord

That God I Superior to His human son is stated two verses later.

God made Jesus to be both lord and Christ, that is, the anointed one, as Acts 10:38 repeats.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
No, I am not.

As the Acts 2:34, see the thread by that name, points out, God is The Lord while His son is in a sense, lord, jr. Or as David stated, my lord.

Jesus as the human son of God is inferior, derived and subordinate to God his Father who is The Lord

That God I Superior to His human son is stated two verses later.

God made Jesus to be both lord and Christ, that is, the anointed one, as Acts 10:38 repeats.

So even though Paul says that there is one Lord, you believe that there are more than one.

Again you refuse the simple Biblical fact that Jesus it BOTH GOD AND MAN.

When you see Jesus as "inferior", that is because you are not taking that into account. Please QUOTE the verses that say that the SON is inferior to HIS FATHER.

As GOD, Jesus is equal with His Father.

The unbelieving Jews understood Jesus better than you.

Joh 5:17-18 KJV But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. (18) Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

oatmeal

So even though Paul says that there is one Lord, you believe that there are more than one.

When you see Jesus as "inferior", that is because you are not taking that into account. Please QUOTE the verses that say that the SON is inferior to HIS FATHER.

Joh 5:17-18 KJV But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. (18) Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

God is the sole author of scripture, Paul did not author the scripture that he wrote down.

II Timothy 3:16

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

God does not contradict himself, therefore if there seems to be a contradiction, the blame is in our understanding, not in scripture.

It is true that Ephesians 4:5 speaks of One Lord, 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

And it also true that there is one God and Father of all, Ephesians 4:6, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. thus making clear that the Father alone is God, for Jesus Christ the son of God, is not the God and Father of all.

Likewise we must note that Paul also wrote down this other truth that God wanted us to know. Specifically, that there are "lords many"

1 Corinthians 8:5
For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

Thus, we must distinguish between God as Lord, Jesus as lord and the other lords, which include Sarah referring to Abraham as lord as found in

1 Peter 3:6
Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.

Baalzebub, according to some sources, can be translated as 'lord of the flies"

Thus we have four lords that God refers to in scripture. Since Baalzebub is a devil, and Abraham is an OT believer, in truth, referred to the father of all those that believe, Jesus is the son of God, and God of course is God, we must learn to rightly divide the word of truth to make sure we do not confuse the different lords as used in the various contexts.

If you are going to exalt one scripture, Ephesians 4:5 and ignore the other verses that speak of other lords, you do God and His word, and His son a great disservice.

In fact, it could be said by your error you could hypoothetically confuse Baalzebub, with Abraham, Jesus Christ and God Himself.

I don't think you want to do that.

So since Ephesians 4 speaks of the unity of the spirit, and then lists the truths that make up that unity, it seems reasonable that God would not repeat himself in that list. God the Father is covered in verse 6, thus verse 5 must be speaking of a Lord who is not God, the only scriptural choice left that fits is the lord Jesus Christ, who not "the Lord" but the "my lord" of Acts 2:34

By the way, I would like to see how you lump Baalzebub into that "one Lord" of Ephesians 4:5 without claiming that Baalzebub is God as well.

Since you cannot, maybe you should review your evidence and your conclusions

Evidently, Moses is likewise
BOTH GOD AND MAN

Exodus 7:1

And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

As are the people in Psalms 82 who God refers to as gods.

God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

2 How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.

3 Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.

4 Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.

5 They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

7 But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

8 Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.

Since God refers to Moses as god, and no trinitarian is claiming that Moses is part of the trinity, I see no reason to conclude that Jesus who is likewise referred to as God in
Hebrews 1:8

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

and in

John 20:28

And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

should be literally God himself.

After all Moses foretold of Jesus Christ that he would be a prophet like unto himself.

Acts 3:22
For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.

It is interesting to note that this prophet God would raise up unto you OF your brethren. Jesus was a lamb of the flock, the lamb without spot or blemish that would qualify as our Passover,

I Corinthians 5:7

Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

Since God refers to many men as God, why do you not refer to all of them as
BOTH GOD AND MAN
????

John 10:29
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

John 14:28
Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

So then, as GOD, Moses is likewise equal to God!

As are all the other humans that God refers to as GOD!

And since, I cannot assume that you are not confusing Baalzebub with the Lord God, in your theology, is Baalzebut equal to God as well?

The Jesus is God, and part of a trinity causes a lot more problems than it fixes, if fact it cause huge problems that you cannot resolve using scripture.

You probably grew up believing in "the Trinity" and were probably told that it is the cornerstone of all Christianity, however, with even a cursory review of a very few scriptures, that doctrine is unsalvageable in the light of scripture.

You might want to slow down and reconsider what your teachers taught you

Are you really going to rely on the words of the unbelieving Jews, who were out to murder the one that God made both Lord and Christ?

Did not these unbelievers seek and utilize false witnesses to find a charge that could be used to eventually crucify the lord?

Maybe you should consider the testimony of believers and God himself instead of murderous unbelieving Jews

Acts 2:22-24

Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

I Timothy 2:5

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Acts

Acts 10:38

How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

The list is too long for this forum, but there are scores of scripture that make clear that Jesus is a man, not God himself, and makes clear distinction between God and the man Jesus Christ.

God's Truth

It's no wonder that you don't understand the Bible. You cannot even think straight.

You are illogical and irrational.

So here it is here.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

So here it is here.

Hebrews is written to the Hebrews. :duh:

Status
Not open for further replies.