Robert's Gospel According to the Apostle Paul

Right Divider

Body part
If Jesus did not fulfill the law for us, Matthew 5:18, then who did he fulfill it for?
Instead of reading the Bible with your blinders on, just read it for what it ACTUALLY says.

Mat 5:17-20 KJV Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. (18) For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. (19) Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. (20) For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

• The CONTEXT of Christ's earthly ministry was to ISRAEL.
  • Jesus HERE is speaking about the law AND the prophets (the entire set of scripture that we call the "Old Testament".
  • Jesus was fulfilling BOTH the law AND the prophets (not all done yet).
  • YOU try to separate the two when Jesus was talking about them BOTH.
  • Jesus speaks of a future time when ALL will be fulfilled, not just the "law" but ALSO the prophets. (e.g. Isaiah 65:17, 66:22)
  • The kingdom of heaven has NOT yet been established.... therefore all has NOT yet been fulfilled.
  • etc. etc. etc.

Robert Pate

Banned
Instead of reading the Bible with your blinders on, just read it for what it ACTUALLY says.

Mat 5:17-20 KJV Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. (18) For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. (19) Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. (20) For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

• The CONTEXT of Christ's earthly ministry was to ISRAEL.
  • Jesus HERE is speaking about the law AND the prophets (the entire set of scripture that we call the "Old Testament".
  • Jesus was fulfilling BOTH the law AND the prophets (not all done yet).
  • YOU try to separate the two when Jesus was talking about them BOTH.
  • Jesus speaks of a future time when ALL will be fulfilled, not just the "law" but ALSO the prophets. (e.g. Isaiah 65:17, 66:22)
  • The kingdom of heaven has NOT yet been established.... therefore all has NOT yet been fulfilled.
  • etc. etc. etc.

All has been fulfilled. The Kingdom of heaven has been fully established. Jesus now sits in heaven as the "King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, Revelation 19:16.

All things have been reconciled unto God the Father, Colossians 1:20.

We are waiting for the return of Christ.

Rosenritter

All has been fulfilled. The Kingdom of heaven has been fully established. Jesus now sits in heaven as the "King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, Revelation 19:16.

The passage you quoted of "King of Kings and Lord of Lords" is prophesied in the setting of when Christ returns.

That future establishment of his kingdom is also in agreement with his literal presence (Matthew 26:29, Mark 14:25, Luke 22:18) and also his parable explaining that the Kingdom of Heaven should not immediately appear "A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return" ... "And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom..." (Luke 19:12-15).

The kingdom of heaven is established upon the earth, and that has not yet been fulfilled.

clefty

Do you honestly not understand what a straw man argument is? It does you no good to invent an argument (against what I have said) and then argue against that absurd position.

Furthermore you're not talking to the state of Alabama, or someone who recognizes the state of Alabama as a legitimate authority of the Christian religion. The same goes for John Calvin's institutes or the Anglican book of Common prayer. The same goes for the Jewish Talmud, the Catechism of the Catholic Church, and Augustine. I recognize none of these as valid authorities, so it is pointless to use these for an argument from authority.

The scripture has already told all of these that the Ten Commandments no longer matter. That authority trumps your private interpretation.

How about the authority of the Lawgiver Himself?

“Think not I have come to destroy the Law or Prophets. Full stop.

No? Keep going? He repeats “I have not come to abolish them...” there it is again...

He has NOT come to abolish them...so why has He come?

“...but to fulfil them.”

Please notice that word translated fulfil is the same Greek work found in three other places:

Matthew 3:15 V-ANA
GRK: ἐστὶν ἡμῖν πληρῶσαι πᾶσαν δικαιοσύνην
NAS: it is fitting for us to fulfill all
KJV: us to fulfil all
INT: it is to us to fulfill all righteousness

Romans 15:13 V-AOA-3S
GRK: τῆς ἐλπίδος πληρώσαι ὑμᾶς πάσης
NAS: of hope fill you with all
KJV: the God of hope fill you with all
INT: of hope may fill you with all

Colossians 1:25 V-ANA
GRK: εἰς ὑμᾶς πληρῶσαι τὸν λόγον
NAS: on me for your benefit, so that I might fully carry out the [preaching of] the word
KJV: for you, to fulfil the word of God;
INT: toward you to complete the word

Now replace the idea of to fulfill to making something obsolete non relevant no longer valid etc.

Matt 3:15 “And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.”

Is that righteousness now destroyed obsolete no longer applicable gone?

Romans 15:13 “Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.”

LOL...can you imagine? Talk about killing you softly...LOL

Colossians 1:25 “Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;”

Oh my...I have seen readers of Paul use him to destroy the word of Yah...hmmm

Back to the Yahushua’s teaching:

“For verily I say unto you,” ok so He means it and is quite serious about what’s coming

“Till heaven and earth pass,” has that happened? have heaven and earth passed? NO. so then

“one jot or one tittle shall in NO wise passfrom the law,” wow even the details? NOT PASS until when

“till ALL be fulfilled” so is all fulfilled...NO.

So this new covenant He taught and demonstrated signed and sealed remains just as He taught and demonstrated...

Heaven and earth have NOT passed and He even taught we pray His will be done on earth AS it is in heaven...just as...and not some another gospel of man...or cuz he be MAD

musterion

ask the jews...they assumed same as you...and lost it anyway...

oh? So I inherit a house...please tell the government your idea

Right just like the jews thought they had it forever and well...Paul said clearly they were cut off and we replaced those branches but do NOT boast pretend and be arrogant as if you cant be cut off...cuz well...then you will be...the irony...

yup...faith with HIS works is alive in Him...duh...but no it aint just LORD! LORD! and NOT doing His Father’s will...you read what happened to those people

oh I agree and is why IN HIM believers are shown what to do SINCE WE LOVE HIM

giggle...righteousness you were given is NOT EARNED by maintaining it...

They were saved from Egypt before they were given the Law...duh...and once saved they were given a means by which they could retain it...HalleluYah

But like you jews became so confident in their once saved always saved they well...you know...lost it...

“And you, who once were alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds, he has now reconciled in his body of flesh by his death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before him, if indeed you continue in the faith, stable and steadfast, not shifting from the hope of the gospel that you heard, which has been proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, became a minister.”

Maybe you dont think this applies to you cuz you MAD...

Are you a child?

Rosenritter

How about the authority of the Lawgiver Himself?

“Think not I have come to destroy the Law or Prophets. Full stop.

Full stop thyself.

First the "Law and the Prophets" means the scriptures. Paul does not say the scriptures are abolished, he says that the commandments that were written in stone are abolished. You're arguing against Paul who was specifically instructed by Christ, who is that Lawgiver.

Second, even in the sense of "law" representing the Law of Moses, if you have a contract (a covenant) that requires you to perform certain duties in its duration, are you still required those duties after the contract is fulfilled? If you have a covenant to serve in a military for two years in a foreign land, are you required to shoot foreigners after the fulfillment of that covenant? No. A fulfilled covenant is obsolete and its terms are abolished.

Danoh

If Jesus did not fulfill the law for us, Matthew 5:18, then who did he fulfill it for?

As He stated in the latter half of Luke 24 (and in contrast to and when compared with what He said about Himself in the latter half of Matthew 10) He fulfilled those aspects of the Law and the Prophets concerning Himself that had to do only with His First Advent.

There is much in the Law and the Prophets He has yet to fulfill til the other side of Matthew 10:23's "be come" - see also, Acts 1:10; 3:20, etc.

That, is the WHOLE sense of His Words in Matthew 5:17, 18.

Nehemiah 8:8

Last edited:

clefty

Are you a child?

His child...one of those grafted in adopted now citizen of Israel...His people...HalleluYah

There are times BTW not just individuals may lose their first love but even His churches need correction for falling away...check that out in His letters to the seven in Revelations

All His children need correction...is why the Holy Spirit...dont kick against it ok?

Robert Pate

Banned
As He stated in the latter half of Luke 24 (and in contrast to and when compared with what He said about Himself in the latter half of Matthew 10) He fulfilled those aspects of the Law and the Prophets concerning Himself that had to do only with His First Advent.

There is much in the Law and the Prophets He has yet to fulfill til the other side of Matthew 10:23's "be come" - see also, Acts 1:10; 3:20, etc.

That, is the WHOLE sense of His Words in Matthew 5:17, 18.

Nehemiah 8:8

When Jesus died on the cross he said, "It is finished" What he meant was that he had done all that was necessary for the salvation of fallen man. There is nothing left for him to do. We are complete in him, Colossians 2:10.

There is nothing left to do but to return and redeem that which is his.

Robert Pate

Banned
The passage you quoted of "King of Kings and Lord of Lords" is prophesied in the setting of when Christ returns.

That future establishment of his kingdom is also in agreement with his literal presence (Matthew 26:29, Mark 14:25, Luke 22:18) and also his parable explaining that the Kingdom of Heaven should not immediately appear "A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return" ... "And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom..." (Luke 19:12-15).

The kingdom of heaven is established upon the earth, and that has not yet been fulfilled.

As far as God is concerned sin, death and the devil have been destroyed and Jesus is Lord, Acts 2:36.

Jesus is NOW the "King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16. He has reconciled us and the whole world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

The Kingdom is now his, all that he has to do is return and claim it.

clefty

Full stop thyself.
no no...don’t copy my copy Paul as he copied Christ...not leaving out anything or editing or redacting or splainin’ away...

First the "Law and the Prophets" means the scriptures.
wait wut? So Yahushua didn’t know how to say scriptures...or He lied? I trust He knew what He meant and said that...

Paul does not say the scriptures are abolished, he says that the commandments that were written in stone are abolished.
does he? He says the ordinances against us were...the veil covering the reading of Moses was...the wall between jew and gentle was making the two one citizen of israel...oh and the curses of the law...its ministration of death...oh and even the contract with israel of the wilderness was drum rolllllll...made OBSOLETE...but nothing about its Law His Law being abolished...in fact he confirms WE ESTABLISH LAW...so which do you establish...the 10/10+ of Him HIS WAY...or the 9/10ths of the jewish fable that the cross abolished the customs of moses...

You're arguing against Paul who was specifically instructed by Christ, who is that Lawgiver.
nope...I am fulfilling my duty as follower of Him His way...because I love Him...as even Paul encouraged with his “copy me as I copy Christ”

Second, even in the sense of "law" representing the Law of Moses, if you have a contract (a covenant) that requires you to perform certain duties in its duration, are you still required those duties after the contract is fulfilled?
see...thing is...it was the OT contract which FAILED...more specifically the people who signed on to it...they failed...it was insufficient to achieve its intended goal...so what “it was FINISHED” at the cross was the signing AND SEALINGof the NEW CONTRACT (NO CHANGES ok?) which will succeed once it is fulfilled at His return...and we WHOSOEVER sign on to it and remain faithful to the end...are finally restored to original factory settings...our sinless default...by Him (Who created us and rested the seventh day)...in the twinkling of an eye...

If you have a covenant to serve in a military for two years in a foreign land, are you required to shoot foreigners after the fulfillment of that covenant? No. A fulfilled covenant is obsolete and its terms are abolished.
Right ok...so what is fulfilled? THE 2 YEAR OBLIGATION...but what if your initial covenant FAILS to shoot enough foreigners and the problem remains...do you re-sign the original contract or a new hopefully BETTER one...does this contract require you NOT to shoot more foreigners? LOL

Hopefully this new contract will have EVEN MORE ORDNANCE for you to use...LOL...oh man... these jokes really write themselves I tells ya...

clefty

When Jesus died on the cross he said, "It is finished" What he meant was that he had done all that was necessary for the salvation of fallen man. There is nothing left for him to do. We are complete in him, Colossians 2:10.
yuup new contract signed sealed and delivered...dont make changes and dont pretend the Law is obsolete that changes what He demonstrated and instructed...

There is nothing left to do but to return and redeem that which is his.
and how does He know who are His? For whom does He bring His reword for their good works?

clefty

As far as God is concerned sin, death and the devil have been destroyed and Jesus is Lord, Acts 2:36.

So for you heaven and earth have passed away...hmmmm

Does explain why you are in another world...lol...your own little world...your own reality...

Right Divider

Body part
All has been fulfilled.
Nope... the return of Christ is part of the law and the prophets!

The Kingdom of heaven has been fully established. Jesus now sits in heaven as the "King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, Revelation 19:16.
Practically NONE of the book of Revelation has been fulfilled, or even begun.

That must be why Paul urged people "be ye reconciled to God". You're a long way off RP.

Yep. one of those "law and the prophets" YET to be fulfilled.

Come out of your religious zealotry and believe the truth RP.

musterion

All that Jesus is and all that Jesus did was for my salvation and justification. Yes, it was about me. Who do you think Jesus lived and died for?

You're like a toddler trying to pull off a Three Card Monte scam. TOL is too advanced for your deceptions.

You asked about Him and the Law, I answered it, you choose to ignore it as you always do and tried to change the subject. You're some kind of programmed cultist, we just haven't figured out which yet.

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus was the LORD before He came to earth.

1Co 15:47 KJV The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

Jesus is NOW the "King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16. He has reconciled us and the whole world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.
God did the reconciling on HIS part, the body of Christ is still being reconciled from its perspective. Daily there are those being reconciled.

Reconciliation requires TWO parties.

The Kingdom is now his, all that he has to do is return and claim it.
You're such a simpleton.

Robert Pate

Banned
Nope... the return of Christ is part of the law and the prophets!

Practically NONE of the book of Revelation has been fulfilled, or even begun.

That must be why Paul urged people "be ye reconciled to God". You're a long way off RP.

Yep. one of those "law and the prophets" YET to be fulfilled.

Come out of your religions zealotry and believe the truth RP.

The law has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15, but only for Christians.

John wrote the book Of Revelation to believers that were suffering sever persecutions, Revelation 1:1. Some of it points to the future and is prophetic, but it has nothing to do with the law and the prophets. The law is fulfilled and abolished for the Christian.