Remember when...

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I remember when 3.2 beer was legal for 18-20 year old drinkers, with 21 being the legal limit for higher proof liquor.

You ARE old!! :shocked:

Hans_Langseth.jpg

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I remember going to the local liquor store and spending a dime for a cholocate bar that was bigger than the tiny things they sell now for 90 cents. I could also get a three-scoop ice cream cone for 15 cents at the local drug store.

I remember going to the 7-11 and getting 5 hotdogs for $1.

Buzzword

I faintly remember when, before the digital age, libraries were always busy. Now, the ONLY people there are the people using public computers with internet access so they can play Tibia.

Seriously, I went into the library a few months ago looking for an older book. They didn't have it and the librarian says to me "Most older books and public domain books have a free edition on Amazon for your Kindle. You don't even have to waste your gas and time to come here."

I love the digital age. I also love watching dinosaurs go extinct. First it was Blockbuster, then public libraries and soon the postal service. Smell that fresh change in the air!!!

:chuckle:

I work at the local library, and it's really more of a "community media center" for everyone but the college students and children.

I miss the days when a library was a quiet place filled with nothing but books and people looking for books.

The Berean

But, do you remember buying 5 hamburgers from McDonalds for a dollar?

I remember buying five packs of baseball cards for a dollar! One time an uncle gave me a $5 bill. I went to the local mom and pop shop and bought 25 packs of baseball cards! I usually only had enough money to buy perhaps 2-3 packs at a time so buying 25 packs at one time was a rare treat. I opened each and every pack as if I was opening up the Dead Sea scrolls. :banana: I think this was 1978 so it would have been these cards.

1978ToppsWaxbox_zpsc8eab612.jpg

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I remember buying five packs of baseball cards for a dollar! One time an uncle gave me a $5 bill. I went to the local mom and pop shop and bought 25 packs of baseball cards! I usually only had enough money to buy perhaps 2-3 packs at a time so buying 25 packs at one time was a rare treat. I opened each and every pack as if I was opening up the Dead Sea scrolls. :banana: I think this was 1978 so it would have been these cards.

1978ToppsWaxbox_zpsc8eab612.jpg

Were you on the Ark? Just curious.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Yes, and could only wear slacks/jeans underneath the dress ONLY if the snow was deep enough. Snow! Snow! :D

Yeah our legs were freezing. I was in third grade when it was changed. Came from a family with 4 girls and boy did we load up that cart with jeans and corduroys at Kmart!

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not at all. Long beards didn't seem to bother the House of David baseball teams of the early 20th century. :D

HouseofDavid_zps0406faa1.jpg

HOD_1916.jpg

Deal_Eddie_HOD.jpg

hod-20.jpg

THANK YOU!! I needed that. That made me smile in a way I haven't in a very, very long time. G-d bless, my friend!