Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I don't hold with total depravity. I don't think it is a biblical doctrine at all, to start with. Furthermore, if it is really true that we are all born corrupt and evil through and through, then let's just go out and be as evil as we can. If it is our nature to be evil, then we should live true to our nature.

I hold to Total Depravity and IMO, all unbelievers live exactly as you suggest . . true to their unregenerate nature. They evidence spiritual bondage to sin, death, and the devil and that is why God sent His Savior to free many from this terrible condition.

God's Truth

Right - David did not obey.

1 Kings 15:5 For David had done what was right in the eyes of the LORD and had not failed to keep any of the LORD's commands all the days of his life...

David obeyed, then sinned and was an example to our needing to repent and find forgiveness.

Sonnet

I hold to Total Depravity and IMO, all unbelievers live exactly as you suggest . . true to their unregenerate nature. They evidence spiritual bondage to sin, death, and the devil and that is why God sent His Savior to free many from this terrible condition.

The 'many' you speak of is 'all'.

Romans 5
18 Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people. 19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

Or are you going to prove that only many were made sinners.

Sonnet

They evidence spiritual bondage to sin, death, and the devil and that is why God sent His Savior to free many from this terrible condition.

Zero scripture explicitly teach what you claim. It's a shame to have to keep repeating it.

Put up or remain silent Nang...there might be a whole host of unbelievers out there reading your unsubstantiated version of scripture. You're telling them that Christ may have excluded them...your Gospel with practically no power of God unto salvation.

You're doing the opposite of the Great Commission.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I don't hold with total depravity. I don't think it is a biblical doctrine at all, to start with. Furthermore, if it is really true that we are all born corrupt and evil through and through, then let's just go out and be as evil as we can...

That makes more sense than coming to Christ and then walking away. :banana:

For if we deliberately sin after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a terrifying expectation of judgment and the fury of a fire about to consume the adversaries (Heb 10:26–27). :burnlib:

Eagles Wings

Zero scripture explicitly teach what you claim. It's a shame to have to keep repeating it.

Put up or remain silent Nang...there might be a whole host of unbelievers out there reading your unsubstantiated version of scripture. You're telling them that Christ may have excluded them...your Gospel with practically no power of God unto salvation.

You're doing the opposite of the Great Commission.
This coming from one who rejects Christianity.

You have been soundly rebuked.

You do not have ears to hear God's Word.

You ought to be kicked out of a forum that is explicitly meant for professing Christians.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Don't you mean - Jesus is not God the Father?

That's right. This antichrist teaches that God puts on his Father hat, then his Son hat and then his Holy Spirit hat (2 Pe 2:1). :dizzy:

The Father is not the Son. The Son is not the Holy Spirit. When Jesus prayed in Gethsemane, he must have been talking to himself. :hammer:

“Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done.” Lk 22:42

SmileyThreeStooges.gif~c200

Sonnet

Denying that which scripture explicitly teaches and affirming that which it does not is the preserve of the unbeliever.

Here's where you did not respond thus failing to make any such rebuke.

#2238#2240

Assertion.

You ought to be kicked out of a forum that is explicitly meant for professing Christians.

You might want to change the actual rules which permit those such as me.

Sonnet

This instead of actually making a substantive argument as usual...