Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

I am not sure what you are saying. You can clarify by telling me what sins you think some people should do in their flesh.

GT,

LOL

No sin is good. None is edifying.

But I'm pointing out that we all have fallen short and are condemned.

In finding Jesus who Loves us and had already found us, He is our propitiation and LIGHT.

I'm asking you, do we demand Fleshly absence of sin as part of our witness.

In other words, do you teach that the righteous that are saved are void of physical, fleshly sin in simple reference to the Law of Moses that you still recognize as being Gods law.

Most specifically, Moses in light of commandments of flesh.

Again, do you demand that they who are saved are free of sin in the flesh by humanly judgeable standards?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

And this is your response?
Your tradition is responsible for the destruction of the Gospel mate.

The Gospel was provided through a lineage that had bound its richness for themselves that they might seek the praise of one another, and provided to ALL people, that again a few might bound its richness for themselves that they might seek the praise of one another.

Sonnet

The Gospel was provided through a lineage that had bound its richness for themselves that they might seek the praise of one another, and provided to ALL people, that again a few might bound its richness for themselves that they might seek the praise of one another.

Interesting way of putting it - and quite a contrast - self praise amongst the so called elect compared with the total depravity of the rest.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Elect, in adjective form, means to 'be chosen'.

Therefore, anyone who says they 'chose God' is categorically wrong.

That is why this conversation is pointless- if people can't come to terms with what scripture outright defines God's people as being, then they really are at odds with their alleged worldview, not Calvinism- Calvinism is what they have taken to project their theological insecurities on.

Cross Reference

Chosen for what is the question? Jesus said "Whosoever let him come unto me". Sounds like an invitation to me and it should to you. Now, having made that clear, if you are speaking of discipleship as in being born again, then I believe you are correct. But then, I could be wrong because the one chosen may not be willing to pay the price.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

That is why this conversation is pointless- if people can't come to terms with what scripture outright defines God's people as being, then they really are at odds with their alleged worldview, not Calvinism- Calvinism is what they have taken to project their theological insecurities on.

Holy Goodness!

Crucible, I found a meme that made me think of you.

d6f1d42155e2c021ec99642847f0c631.jpg

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
I'm sure there are a number of words mentioned quite a few times in Romans. Not sure this is relevant.

Indeed - but the law will only be fulfilled through faith in Christ. I'm not an antinomialist.

You dropped the Antinomalist verbiage.

Well spoken.

Because the second you speak of Grace for all, people ultimately jump to this word.

Eagles Wings

Holy Goodness!

Crucible, I found a meme that made me think of you.

d6f1d42155e2c021ec99642847f0c631.jpg
How long have you studied Calvinism, the Creeds and Confessions of Reformed Theology? How many Reformed authors have you read? Do you know specifically what the doctrine of Total Depravity teaches?

Or, are you just another anti-Calvinist band wagoner?

BTW - I would consider saying "Holy Goodness", a form of cursing, as you use it flippantly and without considering the dignity and majesty of the Lord's Good Name.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

How long have you studied Calvinism, the Creeds and Confessions of Reformed Theology? How many Reformed authors have you read? Do you know specifically what the doctrine of Total Depravity teaches?

Or, are you just another anti-Calvinist band wagoner?

Fair.

I have studied Calvinism.

As far as how long? I had it theologically ramrod died down my throat for several years that I was searching.

On that point, the Jews that rejected Jesus has studied the Tanakh in its entirety their entire lives and they didn't even respond to the authors presence to the point of yelling "crucify Him". They indeed nurtured their isms. Isms are super dangerous in light of the true LIGHT.

It is indeed an ism

That's the first rub, it chews the food of scripture and regurgitates it into the mouths of people who don't want to study with the specific aid of the Spirit.

The second rub is how it narrows the gospel message and acts as a crutch to not engage people that would indeed embrace the gospel, because of the fact that they may not look like a cookie cutter Christian.

Thirdly, it has no answer to people who aren't born under Judaism or Christianity though God addresses this with compassion throughout the OT and the NT.

Fourthly, it is always on the minds and lips of its representatives and they consistently hijack the gospel message to become a building based elitist club full of theological attiboys, as they limit the power of the cross and gospel in the same breath.

Eagles Wings

Fair.

I have studied Calvinism.

As far as how long? I had it theologically ramrod died down my throat for several years that I was searching.

On that point, the Jews that rejected Jesus has studied the Tanakh in its entirety their entire lives and they didn't even respond to the authors presence to the point of yelling "crucify Him". They indeed nurtured their isms. Isms are super dangerous in light of the true LIGHT.

It is indeed an ism

That's the first rub, it chews the food of scripture and regurgitates it into the mouths of people who don't want to study with the specific aid of the Spirit.

The second rub is how it narrows the gospel message and acts as a crutch to not engage people that would indeed embrace the gospel, because of the fact that they may not look like a cookie cutter Christian.

Thirdly, it has no answer to people who aren't born under Judaism or Christianity though God addresses this with compassion throughout the OT and the NT.

Fourthly, it is always on the minds and lips of its representatives and they consistently hijack the gospel message to become a building based elitist club full of theological attiboys, as they limit the power of the cross and gospel in the same breath.
Too bad you got clobbered with an "ism". Theology is important and Christians must be able to define what it is they believe. Your four points in no way describe the teachings of Calvin or Reformed Theology.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Too bad you got clobbered with an "ism". Theology is important and Christians must be able to define what it is they believe. Your four points in no way describe the teachings of Calvin or Reformed Theology.

No disrespect meant here, but why do I need to reform theology?

I thought the Holy Spirit and the Bible were good for that.

On the flip side... Could you please use quotes from Calvin and the studies you deem valuable in the ism to refute any or all of my points?

Eagles Wings

No disrespect meant here, but why do I need to reform theology?

I thought the Holy Spirit and the Bible were good for that.
Reformed Theology is the study of the Protestant Reformation of the 16th century, of which you are a part if you are not Roman Catholic.

The Reformation's great cry and commitment is Sola Scriptura, which stresses the Bible's inspiration, authority and sufficiency.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Reformed Theology is the study of the Protestant Reformation of the 16th century, of which you are a part if you are not Roman Catholic.

The Reformation's great cry and commitment is Sola Scriptura, which stresses the Bible's inspiration, authority and sufficiency.

There is a big difference from Luther to Calvin.

Would you not agree?

Sonnet

So it's just so because you say so - anyone can do that. The reality is is that you ignore arguments that disprove your theology.

Sonnet

Calvinism being only part of that Reformation.